Buckeye Purple Not Turning Purple

• Thread starter Bassmonkey71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bassmonkey71

Bassmonkey71

Has anyone had any issues with buckeye purple from melvenetics purchased through sour Patch seeds? I'm in week 5 of flower and not even close to purple. I've contacted sour Patch seeds and without using his name I was told to contact mel at melvenetics. Apparently he has no employees and sends the seeds out exactly as he gets them. I've sent to messages to mel via instagram asking if this was a common thing within this strain and for any info that might explain/help. I've been ignored.. I understand there is always a an assumed level of risk with seeds and strains some may pop male some may be different which is why we do pheno tests, however when 8 out of 10 don't turn purple one turns male and one is still in veg, I'd say that's more than acceptable loss/risk... antone else having this problem? This is the first time I've had a problem with any of my pheno I've purchased.. this is coincidentally the first time I've purchased from sour Patch or used melvenetics phenos... and. Honestly from the product, the run around and the lack of attempt to make thing right, probably my last time. Buyin gn from either.

Buckeye purple not turning purple
Buckeye purple not turning purple 2
Bassmonkey71

Bassmonkey71

Lower your temps about 10 or 15 degrees the last few weeks of flower and it should purple up
I've already dropped my temps to 62 degrees with lights out.. it seems every post I cone across everyone is saying within 3 weeks purples come out... I'm hoping it's a late bloomer because it looks to be a beautiful strain and no one in my neck of the woods has it

T

Trewalker

I was told to contact mel at melvenetics. Apparently he has no employees and sends the seeds out exactly as he gets them. I've sent to messages to mel via instagram asking if this was a common thing within this strain and for any info that might explain/help. I've been ignored...
Melvan is a she. I know she recently made the move from the east to CO, so she may be busy setting up in a new home, give her a little time to reply to you.

Tomba

Tomba

What's it smell like?
Might be banana buckeye. Def not buckeye purple. BP shows purple the first week and doesn't need any temp drop. The fan leaves stay green all the way so there is a sharp contrast with the buds. I've heard of an isolated green pheno popping out but not the whole pack lol.

Bassmonkey71

Bassmonkey71

Thanks. I was aware that she is a she.actually her name is melissa. I'm not normally impatient but I have seen a few posts on her instagram page since I've messaged her. Seeing as it's her pheno I was hopi g she would be able to shed a little light on what to expect when to expect it and what's also not. Normal or to be expected. But thank you for the reply and your kind attempt at pacifying me... nothing worse than being 5 weeks into a bloom cycle and finding out its not what you had anticipated it to be
What's it smell like?
Might be banana buckeye. Def not buckeye purple. BP shows purple the first week and doesn't need any temp drop. The fan leaves stay green all the way so there is a sharp contrast with the buds. I've heard of an isolated green pheno popping out but not the whole pack lol.
That's what I'm saying... gonna look like an ass now. Already had the word out that buckeye purple was my next run.. that's going to create a few issues.. om possed. Wasted time nutrients energy and money. Can't do anything with it if it doesn't turn purole. Will have to cut it down and toss it... I'm not going to pass it off as buckeye purple or buckeye anything.. not ricskin my reputation with some screwed up unknown strain... kinda getting the feeling I'm getting the ru n around so if nothing is done by either party to rectify this and make it right, I will put them both on blast in every forum I cam find until no one considers any transactions with them again... you don't treat customers. Like this.... mine come first satisfaction is priority number one and complete satisfaction is all I will accept. You come into this world with onenthing, your integrity no one can take it from you but you can give it away on your own... buckeye purple is an automatic color changing plant and shouldn't need environmental adjustments to force it into its cokor.. and after 5 weeks I'm pretty sure there's no changing now... I have never had an entire seed pack go bad pheno on me.. my inclination is that it was handled and or marked improperly and now I have no clue what strain this is... pissed doesn't even begin to explain it certainly doesn't smell like bananas either .

mancdank

mancdank

Thanks. I was aware that she is a she.actually her name is melissa. I'm not normally impatient but I have seen a few posts on her instagram page since I've messaged her. Seeing as it's her pheno I was hopi g she would be able to shed a little light on what to expect when to expect it and what's also not. Normal or to be expected. But thank you for the reply and your kind attempt at pacifying me... nothing worse than being 5 weeks into a bloom cycle and finding out its not what you had anticipated it to be

That's what I'm saying... gonna look like an ass now. Already had the word out that buckeye purple was my next run.. that's going to create a few issues.. om possed. Wasted time nutrients energy and money. Can't do anything with it if it doesn't turn purole. Will have to cut it down and toss it... I'm not going to pass it off as buckeye purple or buckeye anything.. not ricskin my reputation with some screwed up unknown strain... kinda getting the feeling I'm getting the ru n around so if nothing is done by either party to rectify this and make it right, I will put them both on blast in every forum I cam find until no one considers any transactions with them again... you don't treat customers. Like this.... mine come first satisfaction is priority number one and complete satisfaction is all I will accept. You come into this world with onenthing, your integrity no one can take it from you but you can give it away on your own... buckeye purple is an automatic color changing plant and shouldn't need environmental adjustments to force it into its cokor.. and after 5 weeks I'm pretty sure there's no changing now... I have never had an entire seed pack go bad pheno on me.. my inclination is that it was handled and or marked improperly and now I have no clue what strain this is... pissed doesn't even begin to explain it certainly doesn't smell like bananas either .
Sounds like your pissed bro but imo in the age of polly hybrid most of the time the spectrum is so far out with the pheno I've grew out packs and none of em have looked like each other tasted or smelt either that I guess comes down to breeders trying to put out the next hype without doing the ground work properly and rushing them out lesson learnt I guess. Also if I'm looking for something in particular I will buy 5 maybe 10 packs and pop em 1 pack at a time until I find it unless I can find a homie who is generous enough to part with a cut after they have done all the work

Limonene

Limonene

@Bassmonkey71 if you flame melvanetics on every forum because you're plants didn't turn purple AND you throw your weed away then I'm going to have to question YOUR integrity. I mean wtf, it didn't turn purple. So what. Is this your first ever seed run?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I've already dropped my temps to 62 degrees with lights out.. it seems every post I cone across everyone is saying within 3 weeks purples come out... I'm hoping it's a late bloomer because it looks to be a beautiful strain and no one in my neck of the woods has it
TBH even though a strain is purple genotype one has to be aware that there will always be variations of pheno's some showing purps some not When the genes of two plants meet, the chromosomes all get thrown into a proverbial bag, shaken well, and thrown out in different combination.
The resulting progeny show characteristics of both plants in various ways. you may have a pheno not showing purple trats plane n simple

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

If we look at a blue berry strain some pheno's show nothing but green buds while you may luck out and find a pheno in that seed lot that gives you the real look smell of BB
thing is people buy seeds and does not use them all or there is never enough to find the one you want
I always suggest for anyone looking for that perfect pheno you may or may not luck out in that 12 seed pack but buy 2 - 3 packs and luck may come your way
P1 harvest

Tomba

Tomba

Buckeye purple is reliably purple some more magenta but always purple. I've been wanting to find a green pheno for shits and giggles lol. But his has got to be a mix up. Blasting Mel would just be rediculous though bro lol her work is solid as they come. She's making more BP beans now so there isn't a fast solution anyways just hit her back and play nice

mancdank

mancdank

Buckeye purple is reliably purple some more magenta but always purple. I've been wanting to find a green pheno for shits and giggles lol. But his has got to be a mix up. Blasting Mel would just be rediculous though bro lol her work is solid as they come. She's making more BP beans now so there isn't a fast solution anyways just hit her back and play nice
Agreed :) a wise man once told the squeaky wheel always gets greased first just don't get cheeky or they will probably tell u to fuck off lol

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Why would you throw a strain out for not being purple? That's ridiculous. Purp doesn't make a strain better.....actually most of the time purps are weaker. Next time run a known purple clone, seeds have to much variants and just because they are supposed to be purp doesn't mean that they will be. Lesson in counting your chickens before your eggs hatched. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom