Bud Rot smell w/no bud rot

• Thread starter Stargazer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stargazer

Hey guys, I'm currently growing 5 plants of the 'the white'. The buds are rock hard and are looking...kinda good.

Temps have been steady in the 75-very low 80 range and humidity has always been sub 50%. I have 2 tower fans in 2 separate corners of my tent for air ciruclation. (its a dr150 w/a 6" can fan 33 combo.)

I checked the plant this morning before lights off and noticed a distinct smell of bud rot. I know bud rot well, I've had a round of purple urkels rot up on me last year. The thing is, I clipped the bud that smelled and dissected the damn thing and found no physical signs. The leaves are attached to the stems steadfast. The tissue is light green and unremarkable. Nothing visible; but the smell is undeniable.

I'm going to run some ozone for a little bit every day and a dehumi to keep the rh sub 40%, hoping to curb the development of possible botrytis spores before I cut in about 8 days.

I'm wondering if ANYTHING else can cause that smell or if I just lucked out and caught the blight before it really settled down.

Will the dehumi and ozone be enough to hold off until chop day?

Thanks for your time guys.

_sg

G

GroHi

Had a Rhino a while ago that always reminded me of light mold undertone... never had a single bit of fuz though very thick colas... never. Each time it smelled though... just ever so slightly as to make me think of botrytis. Oh well... maybe just the plant. Peace brother.

S

Stargazer

Thats what I'm hoping...

but the smell isn't quite slight. Its definite. Like a mix of musty stale popcorn and musty old peanut shells with a little extra mustiness thrown in.

stickyicky

stickyicky

I know the feeling, once bitten twice shy.

When I opened my room yesterday noticable musky undertones were present. I went ahead and ran my sulfer burner. Better safe than sorry. I am at day 25 flower w/ humid. between 40% & 50%.

U

ugmjfarmer

might have just been a combination of smells in the air and the room. My plants tend to transpire a skunk smell at night and a sweet smell during the day. when the room is humid, they mix and it smells like mold a little.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

might have just been a combination of smells in the air and the room. My plants tend to transpire a skunk smell at night and a sweet smell during the day. when the room is humid, they mix and it smells like mold a little.

i think that's what's happening to me, my plants have a sickly sweet smell, like rotting moldy fruit, with a nicer sweeter undertone to it....was wondering if its mold, which i cant see on the buds, or if its the strain.

i'm very ashamed to admit this, but i have no idea what skunk smells like - in 10 years of going to amsterdam i have never smoked pure skunk once!

Top Bottom