Building A New Grow, Need Help On New Lights.

• Thread starter FunkyG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FunkyG

Hi all, new to the site coming from one of the other sites.. Not a first time grower or LED grower, but my first time buying modern LED's. I am sparing no expense on this room and want to purchase equipment that will maximize my quality and yield in my grow space..

In my past grows I've run Platinum LED P350's. They have been ok, but I'm looking for a better light.

I will be doing a perpetual grow in 2x 4x4 tents. One flower tent and one veg/mother clone tent. I'll be running 2-4 15 gallon no-till pots with the goal of pulling ~2lb per cycle from the 4x4.

I am currently looking at and very interested in Chilled, Timber, NextLight Mega, HLG 550's, Spyder X, and SK600.. I am heavily leaning currently towards a HLG550 for the flower tent and a NextLight Veg8 + my existing platinums in the veg tent..

Any help or nudging would be appreciated.

Monster762

Monster762

Hi all, new to the site coming from one of the other sites.. Not a first time grower or LED grower, but my first time buying modern LED's. I am sparing no expense on this room and want to purchase equipment that will maximize my quality and yield in my grow space..

In my past grows I've run Platinum LED P350's. They have been ok, but I'm looking for a better light.

I will be doing a perpetual grow in 2x 4x4 tents. One flower tent and one veg/mother clone tent. I'll be running 2-4 15 gallon no-till pots with the goal of pulling ~2lb per cycle from the 4x4.

I am currently looking at and very interested in Chilled, Timber, NextLight Mega, HLG 550's, Spyder X, and SK600.. I am heavily leaning currently towards a HLG550 for the flower tent and a NextLight Veg8 + my existing platinums in the veg tent..

Any help or nudging would be appreciated.
If your sparing no expense or not I would look at the cob builds here. I mean you can spend more money and get something put together but for the same money you could build a bad a$$ light that probably be better and you know it’s right cause you did it.

F

FunkyG

If your sparing no expense or not I would look at the cob builds here. I mean you can spend more money and get something put together but for the same money you could build a bad a$$ light that probably be better and you know it’s right cause you did it.

Well, i'm interested in doing a Quantum Board build, but they're out of stock.. i can get a 550 for under 1k right now.. Thoughts on COB's Vs. Quantums? We're also dealing with electrical here, and the last thing I want is my shitty wiring skills to burn down the house ;)

F

FunkyG

I know it's not what you listed, but i just gotta show my love for the SolarSystem 1100 by California LightWorks. Simply awesome.

I've also looked at these as well.. however I think i've pretty much decided on 260w Quantum Board kits. Really look like amazing deals. have 3 coming sometime in the next week or so. Should ship on Saturday. 2x 260w 3000k for flowering tent and 1x 260w 4000k for my veg tent.

Last edited:
The Dawg

The Dawg

Well, i'm interested in doing a Quantum Board build, but they're out of stock.. i can get a 550 for under 1k right now.. Thoughts on COB's Vs. Quantums? We're also dealing with electrical here, and the last thing I want is my shitty wiring skills to burn down the house ;)
Your Dealing With AC/ DC Power. The Worst It Will Do Is Smoke If Hooked Up Wrong. Trust Me I've Sent My Share Of Smoke Signals :smoking:

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Have you checked out GrowGreen boards 4 - 200w boards would complete a 4x4 and all you need are 4- HLG-185H-C1050B drivers 4 heatsinks 5.886" x 18" and attach 4 GG boards and you have 800w. There is a thread on them here on THC. The boards are solderless connectors too.

Top Bottom