Can I Go To A 24 Hr Light Regimen Rather Than 18/6?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Using 8-2 ft. t5 fluorescents in a grow tent. Got the lights on for 18 hrs. Can i save time by going 24 hrs during veg? Tent doesnt get too hot with the fans running

centralcoast

centralcoast

I’ve always subscribed to the thought that your plants need those 6 hours of rest time for best results. Think of it like this... you could work out at the gym 7 days a week and get decent results but giving your muscles a couple days worth of rest during the week allows your body to heal itself and perform better on those days when you go back to the gym.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I have been 24hr for years in veg. keeps the stretch down and increases strength and when I am ready for flower straight into 12/12...I have yet to read any info that states MJ needs sleep...lol...

Smerb

Smerb

Plant performance.18/6. I don't know too many places plants receive 24 hours of light and full fill there natural cycle. Let them rest. They grow while they sleep.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I don't know if you are growing autos or photoperid, I run my lights 16 on 8 off, in my opinion this stresses your plant less in North America our longest day is around 15 hours I have no problems, yes u can run your lights on 24 7 but plants need some rest, most people do there lights 18 on 6 off, why? Unless you are growing in the artic, , your plants need some rest, I just give mine a little more, if I were you and I'm not I would stick to 18 on 6 off, your friend. SNOLEPERD

Latest posts

Top Bottom