Canadian Growers....what Are You Putting Outside This Year.

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I think 4 plants per household is the rule and you can probably put them outside. What are you growing this year ?

I have some autos that I will probably run because I like that they finish quicker. They also sit on the deck nice and my sunlight is screwed by trees. Photos are for tents autos are for outside (in my application)

I think it will be 2 auto amnesia (white russian autos) and 1 cheese auto and 1 northern light auto. All in 3 gallon pots with organic soil and I will use gaia green organic soil amendment nutes for veg and bloom.

What are you going to be running ?

And I will start them sprouting probably at the 2nd week of May (inside) and put them out MAy 24 weekend (10 to 12 weeks puts me at late August for harvest).

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Does anyone have any suggestions on non auto’s that will finish outdoors in Saskatchewan?

gwheels

gwheels

A kush variety like kushy kush. Northern lights might work too. They will finish late octoberish but in southern ontario we get a bit longer. My kushy kush finished sept 30 or so

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

We get snow here sometimes in mid September so it has to finish quick lol. I might have to think about auto’s but would prefer something in reg. Form.

Hempry

Hempry

I'm in S Ab. By first frost we still have 13 hr days making autos the only option and I find them too small; If I'm gonna grow outside, I want trees. I could have grown outdoors legally the last 2 summers but stayed in. Between the frost, road dust, nosy peekers...I dunno. If I had a light dep hoophouse, I'd do it. Then you can use any strain you like. Otherwise look for big autos.

gwheels

gwheels

Well they will be small with your puny AB light. But auto amesia and auto cheese and a couple of mephsito autos get big. Indoor is the way to grow when your climate sucks anyway. No bugs no bullshit and complete control.
Search the seedbank by flower weeks (usually bs but close enough) and height. Tall autos is what you want in that climate outside. IMHO. Well not humble at all really.
The biggest problem in shitty climates is bud rot. If you have a gazebo move your pots indoors when it rains like crazy and move them back when its sunny etc.

I think you have to grow in pots to have the maneuverability required.

And coco or good soil is the key. :D

The weather is better in the centre of Canada (that was a joke by the way. I am still sore about the gd photo radar tickets i got....2 tickets 150 bucks each for speeding at the edmonton airport 58 seconds apart...i wont pay 500 to fight it but i aint coming back)

Last edited:
Top Bottom