canna pro+ vs house & garden batmix

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Hello farmers.i was curious what kind of soil is the best/better for growing weed.so i purchased a 50 ltr bag of canna pro+ and a50litr of house&garden batmix.after opening the bags and checking out the consitency of both i decided i liked the kind of spongy texture of the canna better.so i got two cuttings from my best ultra sour and rooted them.so i filled 2x16 oz solo cups,one with canna,one with h&g batmix & put them in my veg cupboard under 2x125w blue cfl,s,making sure theyr both the same distance from the light.i also measure out the same amount of water at first but they alwsys end up needing water at different times as the cutting in the canna was taking up more water than the h&g or it was drying out faster coz its a kinda light spongey soil.when you water the house and garden it goes a kinda muddy way.maybe muddys a bit strong of a word,but anyone whos tried t different types of soil will know what i mean.weras the canna has a great consistency wen watered,with good airation letting plenty of oxygen get to the roots.also the plants grown in house and garden soil has slightly lighter green leaves weras the leaves in the canna are as dark as they could be.this was expected as the house&garden is aimed more at flowering than veg i think
so,so far although the house and garden is great soil the cannas on top at the moment.however thers still a while to go as thes cuttings arnt even in flower yet.its the finished product we,r interested in so stay tuned if your interested in the outcome.i,ll post some side by side comparison pics of them in veg soon.cheers

H

happy b

The two ultra sour cuttings are coming along niceley.iv transplanted them into 6litre polly pots,each cutting being put into the same soil they were started in (obviously).i cant really see much difference between the two at the moment except maybe that the cutting in the canna pro+(plant on right without the perlite in) looks a little bit happier than the cutting on the left of the pic,which is in the batmix.the leaves on the canna cutting were a good bit darker than the one in batmix after being in their respectiv soil for a week or so but now the leaves on the batmix cut have caught up and are just as dark a green as the canna cutting.
20141104 175939
H&G batmix↑ ↑canna pro+
Note the leaves on the cut in pro+ look abit more perky than the one in batmix.i beleive this is due to the fact that the canna soil has a much better consistency for growing than the other soil as it holds alot more air around the rootzone,especially juzt after watering.
both plants were left in veg for a week after transplanting then put into flower.i will report on any differences that may occur during flower then a final report on final dry weights,any variation in taste/smell or any differences atall and my over all opinion.see yous then.

H

happy b

Cutting on the left is the house & garden cut on right is in canna pro plus.
20141123 212617
20141123 212638
20141123 212650
20141123 212739
note the cutting on the left in the h & g has stayed shorter and denser than the cutting on the right in the canna is has stretched a good bit more even though they were both the exact same distance from the light receiving the exact same amount of light so light isnt what caused it.the only difference with these cuttings is the soil they are in.also the leaves on the house & garden cutting has darker greener leaves.the bottom leaves of the cut in canna are starting to fade nowas i havnt been giving em any of nutrients yet.so although i kind of liked the consistency of the canna the house and garden seems to hav a better amount of nutrients in the soil.i dont know if its the bat guano but more likeley a combination of the bat guano and whatever else.obviously the final harvest and smoke will determine which is the over all best.i dont know if any one is interested or even viewed it but if anyone has any questions or any comments on any of the readily available premium organic mediums feel free to post your findings.cheers

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

no shit happy b .........let me find out your paying attention and making breakthroughs! I truly love watching threads like this, house and garden on the left looks like it'll be a better smoke atm.

H

happy b

Agree with you 100% skunks.the h & g one does look better and a bit healthier.who wouldv known?i know its nowere near done but im suprised the canna wasnt the best.i expected it to be.it has a better consistency than h&g,or so i thought.just goes to show the well advertised products arent always the best.once i decide which one is best i,ll face it down whith bio bizz allmix and keep pitting the winner against all the pro soils available to me.i cant really get foxfarm or roots organic as i live in uk.cheers for popping by vermontskunks

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

love the fact that you have the time/patience to do side by sides. it means a lot to me because I just had a vertebrae in my lower back fused and I gotta stay on SOMETHING to keep me occupied, your the first person here ive mentioned my surgery too, lmao they all think im a wingnut here....lmao na just heavily medicated and a lil whacked from serving my country I guess, but I find solice in threads like these happy so thankyou.

H

happy b

Im gonni be doin a few more side by sides.things like myco v no myco.i just like to know what i buy is worth the money.sorry to hear about your troubles mate.i too am heavily medicated on some of the strongest pain meds but not out of anything heroic just by being a young,greedy drugged up dafty.lol.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

just call meh a droog from the ole clockwork moloko velocet my friend!

J

JGreenGiant

Why do all the diaries/ threads always start so great and just never finish. Oh yea thats why I stopped using forums.

Top Bottom