Center open and looking for meds from RI caregivers

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blis84

blis84

Hey RI is lucky connecticut has the balls to sell 35 grams for 535+ dollars. It comes to over 425 a zip and some of the stuff doesn't even have a taste. How you gonna charge that when they can't even start from clone. All production plants must start with seed and then clone. they can't get say GSC Forum Cut and then keep cloning it. Which sucks but fine if you wanna do that they have to realize that it's not going to be like elite clone bud until they find phenos worthy. So they have to price accordingly, they can't charge $95 for 5 grams of bud that has no taste no matter how much Thc% they say it has. I stopped in to see what the scene was like and grabbed a tahoe Og x grape stomper that was 23.4 % Thc That tasted like dirty hash. Then wasn't gonna go back but they got in a lemon alien dawg cross that they claimed was 27.1% thc and still had very little taste, both strains got you high but no where near as potent as any of our strains we had tested that tasted amazing and were anywhere from 17%-27%thc. Actually we have a gdp Pheno that we just ran outdoor and was tested at 19.8%thc .92% cbd that was twice as potent as anything I've seen from a ct dispensary. There is no way anything I got from them so far should be a penny over $350 a zip and for those buds that's still pricey. Another thing in the beginning CT was giving out all shake which is absurd at those prices but since everyone was complaining paying 535 for 35 Grams of shake they started giving small buds.

A Dawg

A Dawg

yeeesh! i wish cardholders with overages were offered fair prices at these dispensaries. especially the ones using all organics and have receipts or lab tests to prove so. its like with all expenses going up and some real quality strains that dont yield mush or take longer to flower,not to mention soil growers dont yield alot but the taste and quality is unmatched. is 250 an ozzie too much to ask these days? according to them very much so as they like to mark it up 50% from what they told me. and consign it too..wow. no thx

admiralcornp

admiralcornp

what were they offering if you dont mind me asking? Im guessing tommy

R

rbjd3

Esquire patient/grower looking for experienced peeps to help me get started in NW RI.

S

Salisburyv

wow. so no reply from anyone since feb 2014. I do know that some centers are paying market price for units (25-26). i have yet to step foot in one, but i am planning on having one of my patients make me their rep so i can go in and check it out... i'll reserve my comments to just what i know... when i get a look inside an talk to someone i'll report back.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Salisbury-

Sounds about right....maybe a bit lower, 20-22.

And thats for the "highest THC we've seen"

Which really isn't even my buddies best stuff...they don't care they just want high test numbers

S

Salisburyv

i have a friend that did 10 @25 ea to the portsmouth center, got paid by check in 28 days. and will be 1099'd. Not a bad idea to do at least that every run, if this is your primary revenue stream. and pay your taxes, never a bad idea there. there are way too many paranoid people that might , no, will definitely have a problem w my statement. thats ok. it'll be legal soon, way sooner than anyone realizes.

and of course, it has to be on point, tested in the 20's (23.5% to be precise for mine ) and pest and pesticide free.

S

Salisburyv

i hear they pay even better for pure sativas. people don't usually like to grow them due to the longer flowering period.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they 1099 you ??? that is some bullshit

a> its a product - you dont give your wholesaler a 1099 for selling you items for you biz
b> in your state you are just re-couping the growing expense (supposedly)

so how the fuck does that get a 1099?

S

Salisburyv

correct. it is product. and it counts as income when you sell to a compassion center, so you have to pay your taxes. i'm ok with that, it makes the money "clean".... so it can be freely spent. as far as "recouping"... anyone with a card can seek out my product and "donate" to acquire it.
they 1099 you ??? that is some bullshit

a> its a product - you dont give your wholesaler a 1099 for selling you items for you biz
b> in your state you are just re-couping the growing expense (supposedly)

so how the fuck does that get a 1099?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
my point is a 1099 is for labor - so it goes against their own rules

clubs try and fuck growers coming and going - guess its no different on the east coast
Labor only? Well fuck, looks like I've gotta read some God damned IRS code again, because I thought it was for both product and/or services provided.

S

sgbfcoop

my point is a 1099 is for labor - so it goes against their own rules

clubs try and fuck growers coming and going - guess its no different on the east coast

I'm no tax attorney, but it seems box 6 is a catch all for ANY income of $600.00. Any tax attorney?

1099 is for any income over 600 usd from one source. Each source that pays you more than 600 usd is required to file a 1099.

This is not new situation
A Google search "1099 cannabis vending" shows 1099 forms for vending have been talked about since 2009. As far as of vending to a location that issues 1099 is up to you and how you have your business set up. If you are just winging it still, it's 2015 and i would suggest start preparing and understanding how to legitimize your grow operations on paper. it's not even about having a dummy business to launder money anymore it's just having financial advise.

With more and more states rolling out medical programs and the evolving nature of '''''lolegal""""" cannabis in a few states there are no hard clear answered yet.

If you are living off the grid so to say cash4lyfe keep on doing that. California still hasn't got its shit together in almost 20 years now but if your state is turning blue from all the green you are gonna have to get current or fall behind

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never said it was new - just that its fucking bullshit

on one hand it is said all you can do is recoup cost and then they treat it like income

so of I lend you 600 dollars that I paid taxes on already and you pay me back is that income??

this is why teachers hated me lol

shemshemet

shemshemet

never said it was new - just that its fucking bullshit

on one hand it is said all you can do is recoup cost and then they treat it like income

so of I lend you 600 dollars that I paid taxes on already and you pay me back is that income??

this is why teachers hated me lol

As a business, 'growing costs' would be an expense. So yes, if you use money that you lend to your business for an expense, then you have to report that money. When you take back the money from the business, you are now tax free.

You lend 600 to business.
Business spends 600 on growing expense.
Business takes in 600 on growing expense. (income from business, fill out your 1099 now!)
You take back 600. (reimbursement, no tax)

This is basic stuff tax people have been doing for ages, and I really am not good enough to get fancy with it.

As for if you make more than your expenses? I don't think ANYBODY is prepared for that situation. Hide the money....

admiralcornp

admiralcornp

we really need to organize a union of sorts.

I know there is a facebook group that you have to keep cuts and grow what they say, but thats not what I have in mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom