cheap enzymes!

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

I was spending a ton of money on Hygrozyme from month to month. I found out that I can go to petco and get the same enzymes for a fraction of the cost. I can't really tell any difference with using Pond-Zyme Plus vs. Hygrozyme except I spent about $13 on the Pondzyme and only use a half a scoop per 50 gallons. Any advice?

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

I hear people say Hygrozyme works miracles, but I often wonder if those people have simply -never- put any enzymes in their medium, so of course it works.

I believe pond-zyme is exactly the same thing as HZ, but in powdered form. This 'powdered form' is what makes it so much cheaper than HZ. The markup on liquid nutes/additives in insane, and also gives people the impression its a proprietary mixture that cannot be recreated anywhere else.

I say give it a shot, I highly doubt there's a difference between the two. You might take it a step further and start brewin' your own fermented plant extracts some day... ;)

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

I would focus on the active ingerdients and of course results are everything so keep us posted on how it works for you...

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
How are you using it I use my hz as a foliar feed/spray when the plants are young to thicken up the stems. Just curious how you were using the product, and the pondzyme as well. I only use a few drops in 14 ozs of water for each foliar

mal

buddahslave

buddahslave

I use enzymes as a root system cleaner, to wipe out root rot, and any other dead materials that might enter my soil. Enzymes break down dead matter and converts the matter into sugars. This happens naturally in nature but slow as hell, the enzymes speed up the process eliminating any rot problems you might encounter. Root rot slows growth down and will cause nutrient disorders. One small scoop of pond zyme treats up to 100 gallons of water. I use half a scoop every other watering.

Top Bottom