!!!!!!!!!!!!check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter cantsmokethat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cantsmokethat

This is the health warning the government sent out to doctors etc all over the country, not really news at all (january), but interesting none the less:

Quote:
To:
NHS Trusts - Medical Directors (England)
NHST/FT/007 - NHS FOUNDATION TRUSTS (ENGLAND) - MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Primary Care Trusts - Directors of Public Health
Primary Care Trusts - Medical Directors

Cc (Groups):
Chairman - Professional Executive Committee of PCT
MHRA Drug Alerts
NHS Trust Chief Executives
NHST/FT/001 - NHS FOUNDATION TRUSTS (ENGLAND) - CHIEF EXECUTIVE
PCT Chief Executives
SHA Chief Executives
Strategic Health Authorities (England) - Directors of Public Health
Territorial CMOs

Department of Health

Date:
16 January 2007

Reference
CEM/CMO/2007/02

Category:
URGENT (cascade within 24 hours)

Title:
CONTAMINATION OF HERBAL OR 'SKUNK-TYPE' CANNABIS WITH GLASS BEADS

Broadcast Content:

To: Directors of Public Health of PCTs to forward to:

All GENERAL PRACTITIONERS - please ensure this message is seen by all practice nurses and non-principals working in your practice
- Deputising services
- Project manager/Nurse lead in Walk in Centres
- Lead nurses in PCTs
- PCT Pharmaceutical Advisers to forward to community pharmacists

Alert - contamination of herbal or 'skunk-type' cannabis with glass beads

1. The Department of Health has recently received information suggesting that batches of herbal and 'skunk-type' cannabis have been contaminated with microscopic glass-like beads (or possibly ground glass). Laboratory testing has since confirmed a number of cases from a number of different parts of the country, in which cannabis appears to contain microscopic particles of glass. We have no information on other types of cannabis such as resin.

2. Reports, unconfirmed, suggest that smoking this contaminated cannabis, has been linked with complaints by users of sore mouth, mouth ulcers, chesty persistent coughs, and a tight chest lasting a few days after use.

3. Government advice already makes clear that cannabis is a substance harmful to health. The risk of glass contamination adds an additional layer of risk of harm. Whilst the exact potential health harm from this contamination is not yet fully determined, inhaling hot glass into the mouth, throat, or into the lungs should clearly be avoided.

4. In the current circumstances, the Department of Health advises that smokers of herbal and 'skunk-type' cannabis, in particular, should exercise caution.

5. For any patients presenting with concerns about their health after having smoked cannabis which may have been contaminated, or who may benefit from opportunistic health advice due to an identified high risk of cannabis use, the following advice may be useful:

a) Whilst there are no reported serious health effects to date from this contamination, we are not yet able to determine fully what are the possible or likely risks to the health of cannabis smokers.

b) There are anecdotal reports of some cases of the development of sore mouth, mouth ulcers, chesty persistent coughs and a tight chest lasting a few days, after smoking cannabis.

c) To avoid the risk of contaminated cannabis completely, patients should be advised to stop smoking cannabis.

d) If patients feel unable to stop, they should limit use as much as possible.

e) If patients continue to use, they should be warned, if any particular supply of cannabis that they have access to appears to have caused irritation to their mouth or airways, or if they suspect it is contaminated (e.g. due to grittiness when rubbed between moistened fingers), they should stop using that supply, or trading it, immediately; and they should not use any more cannabis from the same source.

f) Patients can be advised that self-help assistance with quitting cannabis can be located at the following website: w w w.talktofrank.com

6. The Department of Health will be making similar information directly available to the public, and to drug user networks, through a range of communication channels shortly after this alert has been sent to the NHS.

7. In addition, as part of the advice made directly available to the public, cannabis smokers will be advised that if they have particular symptoms and concerns about their health after smoking potentially contaminated cannabis, they may wish to discuss symptoms with their general practitioner. If exceptionally they believe they have an urgent problem and cannot access their general practitioner, they may consider they require assessment at an accident & emergency department.

8. As any further relevant information becomes available, the Department of Health will update this advice to practitioners.

D

drpressure600

. . they do indeed call it grit weed & crews are specializing in making it, amsterdam is full of it . .

hubcap

hubcap

yeah
i believe shoe polish was a common additive found in the hash, too.

two more reasons to grow your own.

good info for those who havent seen

R

RansacktheElder

OMG....Sweet Jesus man, and I thought I had it bad with Mexi Brick. Good Lord! Count me as one of those who hadn't seen. I mean, damn.

L

LandraceQuest

Hello Folks :character0025:

That's maybe a surprise for you because dealers in UK & USA are more respectfull with the product (not sure about that:fubar) but the Mafia in Holland just don't care about the health of the customers , i heard a story about a french guy who don't know everything about "cut-grass" (i'm not sure about this word:icon_cookie:) , he came back from Holland to his city , Lille , and sells all his kilo ,when he arrives to the end of the Packs , he does Water-pipe with all the crap that he thoughts that was Trichomes , He died from this & his better friend had several problems to his lungs and his throat...I am not sure about the authenticity of this story but it's pretty sure that smoking micro-balls of glass is far to be a good idea...

Just for you information , That sorts of products to cut the Weed is pretty Old , i begin to found that crap in my weed's friend 3 or 4 years ago and everybody in my city smoked da shit , it's more calm Now but the price of weed has blown up...

Pictures found on french site for prevention of drugs

-LQ-

D1ffd0
9668a7
pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
thats the stuff that gets you taken to jail or a first class ticket to hell by someones bullet

C

cantsmokethat

yeah i just come across it and thought others might find as intrestin as me... prob all seen b4

I

indodoja

who supplies the grit? obviously not an organization that wants to sustain the income. an ideological portion of another society that wants to see your downfall?
this seems like attempted murder to me.

G

greyfx

That is some messed up shit that someone would do something like that.

T

TheNman

What are all you guys bitching about?

I roll by buds is glass balls every harvest!
Mmmm Mmmmm......

BTW, an AWESOME side effect to smoking glass, is that i now talk with one of those things to my throat....
I mean, how cool is it that i now sound like a robot?
VERY cool!
:banana:

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
LOLz but seriously thats bad karma for those F***ERS.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I heard sum guy in Cambridge died from a punchured lung from smoking grit weed in joints everyday for a year.

I think its government weed, i think they are doing this fuck up the market

L

LandraceQuest

who supplies the grit?

A friend saw a package of 1 kilo of this crap sold in a Smartshop near to Maastricht with the engine who allow to put this product in every part of Buds , not just on the Bud but also inside the flower , That's crazy , this shit is so microscopic that it can fill in every parts of the weed...Not evident to recognize for people which are totally ignorant on cannabis...

obviously not an organization that wants to sustain the income. an ideological portion of another society that wants to see your downfall?

That looks like a conspiracy theory mate :icon_cookie:

Its just Bastards who wants to make the weed heavier , with a fast calculation , you can guess that they earn +/- 5000 euros or more if they put 1 kilo of "grit" in 5 or 10 kilo of weed , that's just easy earnings no more no less...

this seems like attempted murder to me.

I have the same opinion :sad0123:

These Motherfuckers have to die in Hell...

-LQ-

Top Bottom