Chlorine Dioxide Odor Control?

• Thread starter RippedTorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

This may freak you out.. Or maybe this is totally normal? It has come to my awareness that grows in AZ are not being scrubbed with carbon or ozone, but are gassing with Chlorine dioxide for odor control.

Has anyone heard of this? Could this be one of the reasons the bud I've looked at in dispensaries hasn't smelled like Cannabis at all in the past 3 years?

I know for a fact much of the bud is infused with fake terps. And I've wondered how much of it was Ona tainted. But a lot of the bud is just so nasty and unnaturally plasticy , I compare it to phenolic flaws in beer (bandaids, action figures, pvc grow tents) which is usually caused by Chlorine.

Could this be one of the reasons the pot is so fucked up tasting from the dispos? Gassing buds with Chlorine dioxide! I'm no chemist but it just sounds freaking bizarre. Nothing should surprises me anymore, what all I've seen in the mmj green rush.

"Food grade" foliars, harvest day sugar flushes, and chlorine gas.. I tell ya its completely mind boggling this shit is considered acceptable anywhere in the US.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This may freak you out.. Or maybe this is totally normal? It has come to my awareness that grows in AZ are not being scrubbed with carbon or ozone, but are gassing with Chlorine dioxide for odor control.

Has anyone heard of this? Could this be one of the reasons the bud I've looked at in dispensaries hasn't smelled like Cannabis at all in the past 3 years?

I know for a fact much of the bud is infused with fake terps. And I've wondered how much of it was Ona tainted. But a lot of the bud is just so nasty and unnaturally plasticy , I compare it to phenolic flaws in beer (bandaids, action figures, pvc grow tents) which is usually caused by Chlorine.

Could this be one of the reasons the pot is so fucked up tasting from the dispos? Gassing buds with Chlorine dioxide! I'm no chemist but it just sounds freaking bizarre. Nothing should surprises me anymore, what all I've seen in the mmj green rush.

"Food grade" foliars, harvest day sugar flushes, and chlorine gas.. I tell ya its completely mind boggling this shit is considered acceptable anywhere in the US.
Thats fuckin sick.... I dont like corona ozone either

Top Bottom