Clone Trouble

• Thread starter jenna haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Hhmm... well, I know I'm different, but didn't realize I'm that different. When I root cuts in soil or media I really prefer to use a rooting hormone of some sort. Otherwise I find myself growing old before they root. I also find that I get much better rooting rates when I use fluoros and put the new cuts off to the sides of the fluoros or allow them to be shaded by mother plants.

The very first time I took cuts of cannabis I used toilet paper tubes cut in half with soil pushed in them, set in plastic sandwich storage containers. I had them stuck in a clear bin nearby my west-facing sliding door and set a super-low wattage fluoro on top so they'd get a 24/0 photoperiod. And damn if it didn't work! Only around 80% success rate, but still.

I have found that many, if not most of the people who are experiencing total cloning failures are using the same amount of light one would use to get a hard veg on.

Shame you're not around anymore Seamaiden, always had a useful answer AND an actual real live female lol

Kingdavan915

Kingdavan915

Well then you're not gonna get much help are you. Manners cost nothing, not that you would know anything about those you ignorant fuck!
Yo bro listen asked a sum advice we both grown ass men I'm not saying pretty please to no man I'm not a child not guna argue bk and forth like a kid either

dan1989

dan1989

Yo bro listen asked a sum advice we both grown ass men I'm not saying pretty please to no man I'm not a child not guna argue bk and forth like a kid either

Cool, didn't want an argument, just you said fuck so I said fuck. Of course I wouldn't expect you to say the pretty part.

Just saying, you kinda demanded advice from a guy who I think grows to pay the bills, time is short. Hey he's a grown man too, he doesn't need me speaking for him.

Time for a smoke

Kingdavan915

Kingdavan915

Yo bro listen asked a sum advice we both grown ass men I'm not saying pretty please to no man I'm not a child not guna argue bk and forth like a
Cool, didn't want an argument, just you said fuck so I said fuck. Of course I wouldn't expect you to say the pretty part.

Just saying, you kinda demanded advice from a guy who I think grows to pay the bills, time is short. Hey he's a grown man too, he doesn't need me speaking for him.
I apologize if I came off demanding bro but this shit is hard to keep track I threw 21 plants and just started over after I dyed them all out put in in the jar the still smelled like hay

dan1989

dan1989

No apologies for bombing the thread, the male who made it hasn't been around for 6 years

Kingdavan915

Kingdavan915

No apologies for bombing the thread, the male who made it hasn't been around for 6 years
Oh damn my second time using it I didn't no but these girls grow so big and they so loud just tryin to get it right this time

dan1989

dan1989

I apologize if I came off demanding bro but this shit is hard to keep track I threw 21 plants and just started over after I dyed them all out put in in the jar the still smelled like hay

Hay or wet grass? The dank doesn't come for weeks man. Drying is just stage one, there's still a lot of moisture in your weed and if you've over fed especially, you will find that your buds do smell pretty green. I've found in MY experience that rather than flushing for the last 10 days or whatever, I like to taper down the feeding for the last month until I'm basically feeding plain ph'dwater the last 10 days or whatever. I've found that this helps the final yellowing stage of the leaves happen quickly and predictably. I would have cut all the lower growth off before the last two weeks and hang buds in separate branches with all fan and sugar leaves off. Fan leaves in trash, sugar leaves in plastic bag to dry. Plastic because I'm gonna wash the sugar trim anyway to make bubble hash.

Think of it like this: nutes add 'weight', like eating burgers adds weight to us. Imagine the difference between losing all the weight you've put on in 4 weeks or 10 days...see where I'm coming from?

As for your problem now, you may need to consider putting them up to dry for a couple days more. They should feel firm on the outside and gluey, but compact (don't squeeze too many) and feel soft inside. After that you jar them. Glass as standard in my opinion. Don't know about affecting the taste, but glass is easier to scrape resin and dust etc and without getting scraped off plastic bits mixed in. Open jar every day for say five ten minutes I've found to be enough. Expect dankness to appear around week 2 maybe 3 before becomes really interesting, buds will still likely be wet inside. I personally consider week 6 ish to be the upper limit. I've usually smoked much of it by now and regret it because they smell fire!!

This is all just my personal experience, sure others have their neat ways too.

dan1989

dan1989

There should be quite a fresh cut grass smell I've found. Your plant is dead dude all that green in the leaves is chlorophyll, it's decomposing and this is the shit that you want to get rid of, it makes your buds taste bad. That's what you can smell. If you dry too quickly you will get a bad smell because all the shit hasn't had time to dry off and evaporate or whatever. If you really think that your buds are dry then:

A. You have dried too quickly and can try to revive your buds by putting some fresh cut buds in and getting some moisture in there. Then try the proper drying/curing process again.

B. Not all weed smells like 'weed' and this is just how they're supposed to smell. Disappointing yeah, but smell doesn't mean shit for effect.

Kingdavan915

Kingdavan915

There should be quite a fresh cut grass smell I've found. Your plant is dead dude all that green in the leaves is chlorophyll, it's decomposing and this is the shit that you want to get rid of, it makes your buds taste bad. That's what you can smell. If you dry too quickly you will get a bad smell because all the shit hasn't had time to dry off and evaporate or whatever. If you really think that your buds are dry then:

A. You have dried too quickly and can try to revive your buds by putting some fresh cut buds in and getting some moisture in there. Then try the proper drying/curing process again.

B. Not all weed smells like 'weed' and this is just how they're supposed to smell. Disappointing yeah, but smell doesn't mean shit for effect.
No bro like its smelled taste burned all like cut grass it was gsc and gg

Monster762

Monster762

Do you have a mini hygrometer that will fit in jar or way to measure where your moisture content is now ?

dan1989

dan1989

I would jar yeah. Never used hygrometer in jar personally, just a cool dark place

Top Bottom