Clones Still Droopy, Can't Get Them To Liven Up

• Thread starter PocketGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PocketGrower

hey guys my clones have been in a sad looking stage for the last 4 days I've been trying to figure out why ... transplanted last night some roots were getting somewhat bound but not bad. They've been looking like this about 4 days or so. They're in straight coco, getting water (ro) every other day with extremely light nutes barely any .... pointers ?? Temps 75, humid 38%. Wtf'. Lol

Clones still droopy cant get them to liven up
P

PocketGrower

Sorry the other 2 pics wouldn't load up had to do it seperate

IMG 2268
IMG 2269
P

PharmHand

hey guys my clones have been in a sad looking stage for the last 4 days I've been trying to figure out why ... transplanted last night some roots were getting somewhat bound but not bad. They've been looking like this about 4 days or so. They're in straight coco, getting water (ro) every other day with extremely light nutes barely any .... pointers ?? Temps 75, humid 38%. Wtf'. Lol
Humiditys a little low but probably not the issue. They look oxygen deprived,they drying up at all between watering? What you feeding them? Ph/ppm. If they'd hold together I'd suggest popping them out of the pots like a sandcastle and letting them dry out a few days or so then put em back in pots and drench them thru with a full strength calmag (200ppm) and say another 3-400ppm of a complete veg nute total 5-600ppm(1-1.2ec). New coco tends to steal nutes especially cal, mag and iron. Heavy run off will help ensure you're saturating the cation banks of the new coco. Check the runoff too. I'll put 1000ppm in new coco and the runoff will come out at 5-600ppm

Dunge

Dunge

Just read in another thread about the importance of always watering with nutrients in coco.

P

PocketGrower

Humiditys a little low but probably not the issue. They look oxygen deprived,they drying up at all between watering? What you feeding them? Ph/ppm. If they'd hold together I'd suggest popping them out of the pots like a sandcastle and letting them dry out a few days or so then put em back in pots and drench them thru with a full strength calmag (200ppm) and say another 3-400ppm of a complete veg nute total 5-600ppm(1-1.2ec). New coco tends to steal nutes especially cal, mag and iron. Heavy run off will help ensure you're saturating the cation banks of the new coco. Check the runoff too. I'll put 1000ppm in new coco and the runoff will come out at 5-600ppm
Okay I'll get working . I water at about 80 ppm with cal mag off of my ro water. I'll bump it up and add more strength next water. They do dry out between waters but initially I did water them back to back one day and they got droopy after the second water(over water).

When I water with 500ppm food do I want the runoff also at 500? Thx ahead of time

P

PocketGrower

Just read in another thread about the importance of always watering with nutrients in coco.
Well yeah because coco as a medium has nothing in it especially if you use RO

P

PharmHand

Okay I'll get working . I water at about 80 ppm with cal mag off of my ro water. I'll bump it up and add more strength next water. They do dry out between waters but initially I did water them back to back one day and they got droopy after the second water(over water).

When I water with 500ppm food do I want the runoff also at 500? Thx ahead of time
If you put enough through the runoff will equalize. Let em dry then drench. I kinda cheat with little guys I'll put them in a beer cup of promix to start then up pot to coco later and start feeding heavy straight away. Hard to do with a fresh clone cuz you don't wanna overfeed. Precharging your coco before planting by watering heavy with a balanced mix I suppose would work too:)

Nugteq

Nugteq

hey man
Humidity is your problem
buy a 20 dollar humidifier and keep it filled up and running 24/7

oh yeah and obvious one
nutes every feeding this is not soil. 350ppm to 550ppm veg
look up lucas formula
or growpotcheaply has a good nutrient recipe
I prefer to add my calmag first at 2ml a gal
then 1/6tsp epson salts
then micro at 4 to 6ml (N)
then bloom at 4 to 7 ml (P and K)
then additives
then ph to 5.85 to 6.05
and maybe some kelp or some humic/fulvic acids will green things up a bit

cheers

Nugteq

Nugteq

and give those puppies wet dry cycles their still young only water feed when pot starts to dry up until they are larger and have an established root system, then start bumping up watering frequency

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

No wet dry cycles in Coco.
Feed daily at least.
Yes they look oxygen deprived but that's not from daily watering it's from the roots not being established and waterlogging the bottom of the pot and NOT feeding daily so the waterlogged bottom loses oxygen.
You do not want coco to dry out ever

I do not beleive in adding cal/mag. Once the cation exchange is full there is plenty in your base. Even in RO. It's a misconception. Most deficiencies are actually lockouts IMO.

Every time you water it pulls oxygen into the coco which holds oxygen extremely well. I know it's hard to beleive but if you water daily you can not over water Coco. I would just suggest letting roots fill the pots more before transplant. And a 2-3 gal pot is more than enough for a tree in coco

StandingRock

StandingRock

I can guarantee your PH and Humidity is off. Straight RO water is impossible to PH. Mix a batch of full strength bloom nutrients and adjust the ph to around 5.8 Mix that with 3 parts RO water and your PH should come out to about 6.0 or 6.1 which is close enough. Water daily till runoff. That should do the trick. I do this in straight coco in 8 ounce plastic cups plus dipping in clonex and it gets new growth in two weeks. I don't do anything else special. No clipping leaves, sterilizing, humidity domes, heat mats or snake juices. None of that stuff. Just room temperature and 60% humidity and the clones don't wilt at all.

Last edited:
StandingRock

StandingRock

drouppy leaves = over-watering

To each their own completely! Respect man, but I water 8 times a day in my coco that has 50% perlite. I keep my moms and clones in 100% coco wet constantly. There could be other variables that affect this but going with wet all the time works, too.

H

hawkman

To each their own completely! Respect man, but I water 8 times a day in my coco that has 50% perlite. I keep my moms and clones in 100% coco wet constantly. There could be other variables that affect this but going with wet all the time works, too.
sorry! meant no harm . sounds like you have it under-control

Top Bottom