Cloning First Time Problem Maybe?

• Thread starter aid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aid

Tried cloning for first time in aeroponic system so dont have to keep starting from seeds. Looks like top of the clones are burning and wondering if I am doing something as thought it was light but light is a gd distance away and is cfl light . Roots like like they are good just concerned about the tops of them now any ideas ?

Much appreciated
Cloning first time problem maybe
Cloning first time problem maybe 2
Cloning first time problem maybe

A

aid

Using katana roots .. maybe too much? Bottle said 5ml/ litre done 5litre worth as holds 6

xenon730

xenon730

If you can check the ppm but dial it back regardless. Theyre basically vegging plants now and they're going to grow quick if you leave them in there for a bit, not saying to transplant them, i wouldn't transplant yet. They would need like 200ppm max and even that could burn. I would say switch the res out to quarter that for now and watch for growth rate and hunger. They need very little and grow very quickly in aeros.

G gnome

G gnome

Tried cloning for first time in aeroponic system so dont have to keep starting from seeds. Looks like top of the clones are burning and wondering if I am doing something as thought it was light but light is a gd distance away and is cfl light . Roots like like they are good just concerned about the tops of them now any ideas ?

Much appreciated
View attachment 734743 View attachment 734744View attachment 734743
Did u have a humidity done over em while they wer rooting?

A

aid

Ppm at 150 and did have dome over for a while and opened vents bit until stopped wiltering ill change res out put maybe 50ppm in or you guys wreckon other things ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When using an aero cloner, you do not want to use a dome. I rock aero cloners myself. Also, there is nonreal need for fancy additives. Plain ole tap water, ph to 6.0, and use the cloning gel (in use dip n grow)to dip clones in, and done. I run my pump 24/7, and I also use an air stone. I clone a lot!

A

aid

20170829 140029
just wondering if worth transplanting or not as all of pretty much same or linger for roots

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Pot them, I would. I would make sure the soil isn't too hot (nutrient rich). It could burn your clones more. Next time, no need for nutes in the cloner at all. If anything, when they start to grow root gairs, then add something like rapid start. That's the only thing I add, and my clones tell me.they need something, as they go from.nice green to start to lighten up (yellowing, light green).

xenon730

xenon730

Ppm at 150 and did have dome over for a while and opened vents bit until stopped wiltering ill change res out put maybe 50ppm in or you guys wreckon other things ?
Nono its mostly from the dome your res is okay. Slipped my mind and feel silly now not thinking about it. Don't use a dome, its unnecessary and caused this for you. The cut pulls water into the clone through capillary action. Giving it water through the leaves doesn't make much sense when you know that and will delay rooting. You could plant that but why not let it grow a better root ball first? It won't take much time. Also, clones don't need fancy food, just water and rooting hormone. I've stopped using the hormones also. I've transplanted them that small or smaller but usually let them get a little more roots first. Be sure you're planting them into a medium without much nutrition or they'll burn and this could worsen. They correct and grow faster in the aero than when planted.

Top Bottom