Cob Lighting For A 4x8 Flowering Tent

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1816 House

1816 House

Thanks, I just worry about CO2 in the basement as my daughters bedroom is down there. ..
That is not gonna happen... Mine is right under my bedroom too..
If it was a problem the forces that dont like us would use that excuse to shut down home grows....
When is the last time you heard of some one dying from too much grow room c02 exposure :)

That's a legitimate concern , depending on the size of the basement. A hi pressure blowout from the safety burst disc...overfill or wrong disc installed happens.
A #20 tank will fill a 25'x 25' room about knee high. Since it is cold and heavier than air, it fills 75+% co2 at that level,the level the bed is at! Then warms and dissipates to reduce the oxy in the room. Not enough to kill you then, but bad. It takes an hour with a big fan to restore the oxy and clear the co2.
You'll find yourself hyper ventilating, light headed .

If your on a floor above, it's not going to harm you.
Ship Co2 systems overcome crews who think it's safe to re enter, but that stuff's heavy, and hard to clear out of confined spaces in bulk.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's a legitimate concern , depending on the size of the basement. A hi pressure blowout from the safety burst disc...overfill or wrong disc installed happens.
A #20 tank will fill a 25'x 25' room about knee high. Since it is cold and heavier than air, it fills 75+% co2 at that level,the level the bed is at! Then warms and dissipates to reduce the oxy in the room. Not enough to kill you then, but bad. It takes an hour with a big fan to restore the oxy and clear the co2.

Ship Co2 systems overcome crews who think it's safe to re enter, but that stuff's heavy, and hard to clear out of confined spaces in bulk.
Nice little write up brother!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yeah, her bedroom is on the same level as the tent. I'm sure CO2 would help boost yield especially in the summer when my basement is warmer and the tent is even warmer... now the tent hits about 86 during lights on, but when we had the hot spell a week ago, the tent topped out at 91... didn't seem to hurt things,

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

If I pull 2 pounds from this cycle, I'd be very happy... I'm thinking a more realistic 1.5 pounds. if I do pull 2#s I'm may not touch anything };-)

1816 House

1816 House

I've been in losta lotsa vapor clouds, I've discharged tons of CO2..
The numbers are approximations, please don't do a full physics and math work ,MIT guys:eyepiece:

1816 House

1816 House

Not you! MIT GUYS!:eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece:, always crunching numbers and spouting formulas, theorems, ... just to prove an inconsequential point that they don't have any experience in, lol
I was at UMASS Lowell last year for work, the janitor smokes pot in the elevator shaft pit and it goes all thru the building.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Not you! MIT GUYS!:eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece::eyepiece:, always crunching numbers and spouting formulas, theorems, ... just to prove an inconsequential point that they don't have any experience in, lol

Oh I know, I've worked with many of them... not fun to work with

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ya I use weegebra.
I look at the plants yesterday, then again today, and I calculate how much it grew in that 1 day..
:)
I didnt go to MIT,
I studied at figure it the fuck out university........

1816 House

1816 House

I dropped outta college to work for Colombians. Great guys' those Columbians!
More fun, better pay, better hours, and great education.
All long, long in the past.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I dropped outta college to work for Colombians. Great guys' those Columbians!
More fun, better pay, better hours, and great education.
All long, long in the past.
Well I decided I didnt want to work for anybody!
At the moment lol I still havent accomplished it,
As I pick up a weekly paycheck still :(

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

This is simply inspiring. My 5x5 could use some better coverage and this is the perfect motivation.

I enjoyed the building of my lights, but, you don't save a ton of money over buying from a light company. I think I may have saved 20% ... maybe? if you have the time and enjoy doing DIY projects, it's a lot of fun... I'm already looking into how to enhance my system. };-) it's a sickness I tell you!!!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I enjoyed the building of my lights, but, you don't save a ton of money over buying from a light company. I think I may have saved 20% ... maybe? if you have the time and enjoy doing DIY projects, it's a lot of fun... I'm already looking into how to enhance my system. };-) it's a sickness I tell you!!!
I wouldnt worry about enhancing your system, if by system you are referring to your lights?
I follow you enough that I am somewhat familiar with your system and better yet your environmental factors..
IMO I think for your grow to go to the next level,
you need to concern your self with getting netter control of your environment.
As i remember you saying high 80's and even a 91 or so once..
I cant stress how much diffrent the same weed will be under slightly cooler conditions, mainly during weeks flowering 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.....
I have no problems with low to mid 80's in veg and even stretch,,,
but after that you need to lower the temp, esp with out c02.

I only bring that up as I dont think enough attention is giving to the environmental factors as most ppl are Tim the toolman
" MORE POWER" LOL
But at a certain point you got to say, how much can I get from this lighting arrangement, and I believe for the low key basement farmer,
thats about a 4x8...

you said you got 950 true watts,
well until you can pull 3# from that light,
then i would just worry about the factors you need,
to get to that 3# with that light...
And thats environment!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

you need to concern yourself with getting better control of your environment.

I agree 100%

I have already purchased a 6" vortex 495 cfm exhaust fan to help with the heat of the lights.
I have all the pieces to increase the distribution of the water/nutes more evenly.
I have a second stand up oscillating fan to increase internal air movement.
I also need to have the oscillating fans a little higher as the air movement was not high enough on the plants, imo

I may forgo the light enhancement cost in favor of a water chiller which isn't a problem 8 or 9 month out of the yeah, but, the res water was reaching 75 degrees most of this summer. Which, imo, is too warm. I was using Hydroguard but when I pulled the plants, the roots were a little too tan for my liking.

BTW, thanks for your input, I love constructive criticism, makes for better meds };-)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I agree 100%

I have already purchased a 6" vortex 495 cfm exhaust fan to help with the heat of the lights.
I have all the pieces to increase the distribution of the water/nutes more evenly.
I have a second stand up oscillating fan to increase internal air movement.
I also need to have the oscillating fans a little higher as the air movement was not high enough on the plants, imo

I may forgo the light enhancement cost in favor of a water chiller which isn't a problem 8 or 9 month out of the yeah, but, the res water was reaching 75 degrees most of this summer. Which, imo, is too warm. I was using Hydroguard but when I pulled the plants, the roots were a little too tan for my liking.

BTW, thanks for your input, I love constructive criticism, makes for better meds };-)
Sounds good!
Yep a chiller will go along way in helping!

Top Bottom