• Rockwool

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Coco

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
O

OsVap0r

Hey guys,
I am moving from DWC to try out some new easier methods. I am growing in a 4x4 grow tent, using a HLG 550 V2 light. I am going to start using Autoflowers opposed to photoperiods.

I was planning on setting up a flood table with 6" Grodan blocks using Floraflex caps with top drippers recirculating the nutrients, but reading online a lot of people seem to prefer coco better for yield and taste.

Before I build out everything, What is everyone's opinion on these two methods for my specific growing enviroment?
Would it be better for me to use Coco DTW in fabric pots or to go ahead and set up the rockwool cubes?

4plant

4plant

I would do a few runs with the rock wool first. It will give you a good understanding of how much to let the media dry it out in between waterings,dialling your nutrient regimen in without worrying about any CEC lockouts. I am currently doing a DTW in a promix+perlite combo in Smart parts but have decided to do the next run in Uni slabs because of nutrient issues from a certain strain. As far as taste goes I think that’s more indicative of the quality of plants you grow, higher brix level plants with strong terpene profile’s. usually achieve the best with full organic grows

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
They both work great And I have run them both pretty hard. I can only tell you my experience but I went from coco dtw for years and years to rockwool and I would never switch back to coco now. Ever.

4plant

4plant

They both work great And I have run them both pretty hard. I can only tell you my experience but I went from coco dtw for years and years to rockwool and I would never switch back to coco now. Ever.

Cemchris are you running in uni slabs or hugos? I need some advice on water times

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Cemchris are you running in uni slabs or hugos? I need some advice on water times

Hugo's. Never have used the Unislabs. Only slabs I have used are the 6" fats with 4in cubes on top. My water time with those and Hugo's were almost the same. Either go the full soak route and water 3-5 times with lights on (usually 1 1/4 line with a min to 1.15 min feed) or go on the hr cycle with 20-45 sec feeds on the hr. All depends on plant size.

Top Bottom