Colloidal Silver Techniques

• Thread starter MW7945
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

I get this is probably better for the breeding section, but I'll be doing this with limited space and will pertain to a few questions I have. Plus this section seems more active.

First off, I'm aware anything treated with colloidal silver should NOT be consumed. That being said, if you were to use a small paint brush to apply CS to one lower branch of a plant and collect the pollen, could you chop that branch off and still harvest the rest of the plant without issue?

Also, I'm guessing the answer is no but I can't really find the info anywhere --- can you pollinate the same plant you used to get the pollen from if you kept the pollen to one branch as discussed above? Or would that not work since it's basically an asexual attempt at getting feminized seeds?

It's too late now probably, but I'd like to get some extra seeds that I can give a shot outdoors next year.

Lastly, is it possible to pollinate one plant and not get the rest in the same tent "infected"?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I get this is probably better for the breeding section, but I'll be doing this with limited space and will pertain to a few questions I have. Plus this section seems more active.

First off, I'm aware anything treated with colloidal silver should NOT be consumed. That being said, if you were to use a small paint brush to apply CS to one lower branch of a plant and collect the pollen, could you chop that branch off and still harvest the rest of the plant without issue?

Also, I'm guessing the answer is no but I can't really find the info anywhere --- can you pollinate the same plant you used to get the pollen from if you kept the pollen to one branch as discussed above? Or would that not work since it's basically an asexual attempt at getting feminized seeds?

It's too late now probably, but I'd like to get some extra seeds that I can give a shot outdoors next year.

Lastly, is it possible to pollinate one plant and not get the rest in the same tent "infected"?
So im not sure on hitting one branch and smoking the rest of the plant but I've made seeds by hitting one branch and pollinating the rest . I also sprayed a small clone and kept it in my flower room till I saw it about to bust I then removed it and set it upstairs in a closet inside a rubermade tote with a small light and collected the pollen then I put it in small paper bags and went and covered my pre selected branches with the paper bag and shook and left it there for a hour.its risky but it worked. VI later built a male isolation chamber

MW7945

MW7945

Was hoping you could pollinate the same plant so that's good.

So, you'd essentially recommend doing a branch or two of CS, pollinating the same plant, and just tossing everything but the seeds? I can't find a definitive answer on cutting off the CS treated branches and using the rest, but, probably better safe than sorry.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Small doses of CS is kind of ok. A friend swore by the stuff and used it for 30 years.

Large doses causes Argyria where the skin turns blue/ gray. AND IT'S PERMANENT.

If you wsnt to make CS for human consumption get sone .999 fine silver wire and hook tge two leads to a 9 V battery.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I've pollinated a plant in my flower area really carefully by putting the pollen in a ziploc and dosing certain branches carefully with a small paintbrush like the ones for kids water coloring. I didn't contaminate everything, but the buds I administered it to had lots of seeds. Try and tap as many of the white hairs as you can with the brush.

MW7945

MW7945

I'm just curious how far up the plant it'd really go if you're just doing it to 2-ish of the bottom branches, then chop them off when they produce the pollen. I plan on applying it to the branch with a paintbrush or q-tip, not spray.

Also, as far as pollinating just a few of the flowers, how long is a "safe" period of time to turn the fans back on. As in, lets say I pollinate a couple of the flowers only. How long do I have to wait before it's safe to turn the fans back in without having to worry about pollen getting where I don't want it to go? (If there's even a time frame that's considered safe)

Farmer P

Farmer P

I think it sticks to the plant pretty well, I wouldn't worry too much. You're not gobbing it on, just like sperm all it takes is one tiny piece per pistil. Wait a few hours if you want. Maybe after waiting give it a shake and see if any falls off.

Farmer P

Farmer P

If you do the paper bag method maybe you should take the plant out and shake it and blow it off well.

MW7945

MW7945

I intend on taking it out to do anything regarding the pollen anyways, I really don't want to pollinate my other plant that I won't be putting any CS on.

I've been looking for quite a while and there's a lot of conflicting information as to whether you're okay chopping off the branches and using it. I really don't think it'd hurt anything, and as far as turning blue that'd take years of consumption I believe. Or, large amounts of course

Juicebox

Juicebox

Im a bit confused who said not to consume CS cause i drink it on a regular basis for a sinus issue....and other medical problems

Smerb

Smerb

I might be able to help.
IMG 6900

MW7945

MW7945

Im a bit confused who said not to consume CS cause i drink it on a regular basis for a sinus issue....and other medical problems

From what I can gather, the problem isn't consuming it, rather inhaling it. That's what I'm curious of though, how much silver would really get into the rest of the plant if you applied it specifically to a branch or two. You'd think we'd be talking maybe a couple ppm tops?

Most of what I can find basically says not to smoke a plant treated with it, but -- I wouldn't be treating the entire plant. There's no problem making edibles out of it still apparently.

I might be able to help.
View attachment 703573

That method is for the entire plant though, if you did that you'd basically just turn an entire female plant into a male/herm plant.

They have anything in there about consuming the plant after it's been treated with CS?

Juicebox

Juicebox

From what I can gather, the problem isn't consuming it, rather inhaling it. That's what I'm curious of though, how much silver would really get into the rest of the plant if you applied it specifically to a branch or two. You'd think we'd be talking maybe a couple ppm tops?

Most of what I can find basically says not to smoke a plant treated with it, but -- I wouldn't be treating the entire plant. There's no problem making edibles out of it still apparently.

That method is for the entire plant though, if you did that you'd basically just turn an entire female plant into a male/herm plant.

They have anything in there about consuming the plant after it's been treated with CS?

So then if you do just a branch just use the rest of the plant to make some brownies or some shit i guess...if the worry is inhaling it

Smerb

Smerb

Yes.
IMG 6903
IMG 6904
IMG 6905

H

heisen

been there done that.I would not pollinate the same plant with itself.Its more prone to hermies.It takes generations of selective S1's to get the hermie trate out.If it was that easy we would all have s1 seeds from alot of good clone only plants.
If your going to try and chuck pollen in the same room your gonna get it on other plants.That shit is like cancer.It spreads everywhere.been there done that no matter how careful.
I think its best to plan a cs grow and get it allover with in one shot.you will save your self alot of headache,
Also seeds take a while to mature and sometimes CS can take 3 weeks to reverse a female.You need to start spraying it 2 weeks before you flip to 12/12 if you want to get pollen in enough time to polinate your other females.I think the 4th week into flower is the best time to hit them up.
Also spraying is the way to go.If you only want to hit one branch get a garbage bag and cover the plant.
brushing is a royal pain in the ass and not worth the headache.I would just pull 1 plant over and spray the branch.I did it this way and not worry about it.smoked all them buds and no worries.I did a bunch of research and the bottom line was you can smoke the buds that get a little overspray no biggie they just taste funny.not gonna kill u.
the best way to pollinate is with a dry brush and just hit the hairs on the tips.They will turn brown in a couple days and you know it worked.
One thing to is the female pollen sacks look funny.They have little bananas in them.You have to wait for the main sack to open and there a pain in the ass to get the timing right.This is why i say forget about just pulling the pods off and being all neat.They are gonna be so random when the pollen is ready.I would wait till the main pod pops open than pull it off.there will be like 3 little bananas inside the pod.Grab them from the tipand with another pair of tweezers pull the tip off.now take that and tap it onto the pistols is the best foolproof way or tap into a small tray.I used seed vendor tin can.It was perfect.You wont get as much pollen as a regular male either.

Now making CS is a whole nother story.I researched it for fukin days and finally figured out how to get 50PPM CS.it was hard to figure out but i can do it easy now and make gallons of the shit.

all feminized auto seeds from the same run of plants.It was a pain in ass but worked.they have been all female autos so far and no hermies.
20170206 2255541

MW7945

MW7945

Hmmm... I was planning on doing 2 plants but maybe I'll do 3, make one the CS plant and just toss it out when I'm done with it.

Is that tin full of seeds from one plant, or a portion of a plant?

H

heisen

1 plant.I took my best plant out of 12 and reversed one branch and used the pollen from 1 branch and pollinated my second bect plant.That shit got everywhere.I had seeds on other plants to.

MW7945

MW7945

That looks like more seeds than I'd ever use, as I intend to do this with 2 different strains. And at least for a while I'm pretty limited in terms of how many I can grow. Maybe I'll do my best to isolate a CS branch and only pollinate a couple flowers on another. If it spreads to others on well

Top Bottom