COMMERICAL GROWERS DRYING

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
lol sorry bro, see that very last line there. that is the one talking to me...im just a caregiver in MI. id be far away from these forums if i dropped 35lbs a harvest.

everything in my post in "non-forum" text is a copy paste from a post on an old aero forum that does not exist anymore.

I know what he is talking about, cargivers here in MI can't have no 160# wet harvest...:p

below frigid

below frigid

I agree with SailfishDan. I used a trimmer for two seasons and wondered where that nice smell went to. Buds looked "OK" if you don't look real close. Went back to the hand trim and the smell and looks came back. I think it's all the moisture that comes out of the cut leaves then being tossed like a salad all over your buds is the problem with trimming machines. Anyone in the market for one? Cheap! LOL

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I here you hand trim is the way to go but when your a 1 man show and harvest around 6# its tuff with a 9-5 job looking for that happy medium where I can use a trimer and have nice product looking and smelling good

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

6# is the weekly pull around here with no problems, "commercial scale growers" would imply that gardening should be your 9-5

below frigid

below frigid

Yeah if your a one man show it's tuff. I do it all myself until It's time to yank them I get help. Hire out for trimming as well. It's a one time a year for me. Quite a bit more than #6 though. I don't even "want" to trim 1 but do if need be.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

^ im all about hired help....i have a partner and we have a crew for larger pulls....its a lot of work no doubt, but then again so is the whole process and trimming is part of that process....

C

Chadith

Rather than relying on heat or other forces to dry cannabis, I use (and: full disclosure, I also consult for the company that produces it) an all natural proteomic coating solution that can be applied with an ionizing sprayer. It basically acts as a one way membrane that allows moisture to escape, but doesn't let oxygen or bacteria or spores get in.

End of the day this process allows me to go from stalk to store in only a few days, rather than a few weeks. No heat, no wasted time, excess energy output. Sustainable dehydration that preserves superior quality.

We are licensing the technology now to several large growers on the west coast. Game changer for any professional cannabis workflow. Contact me at [email protected].

Cheers,

Chad

Top Bottom