COMPETITION!!! Loompa's Challenge

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I have been giving this thought over awhile now. and I believe now may be the time to try it out. I always wondered why on a larger scale growers never got together and collectively went through strains to find the best they could and then share it with the group. How much more efficient to find those 1 in a 100 or 1000 or even 10000. So I have come up with a competition to accomplish that. I mean dont get me wrong and call me a humanitarian..lol, I want the dank also, and if Im seeing plants like Im seeing, I wonder what an army of us doing it could come up with collectively.

So, I propose a competition of pheno hunting. Go through your Yeti, Foodawg, moondawg ro whatever else you want to grow. We will then take the best selections from each line and the winners will get 5 packs of every line we do. But realize our stock is changing alot as we progress through f-gens and different projects like this feminized run thats coming up soon. So the 5 would have to be restricted to what we have in stock unless it is something that is a staple line, like yeti, foo moondawg, then we will put it on back order for you if we are out. I then will ensure that the winners make it into everyones hands that participated in the competition. I believe that doing this will produce some serious confusion and disruption as we debate about which is better and why. Im looking forward to it. And on top of that, our odds of finding something special increase as our plant numbers grow. And then the chance to hit the lottery.....well I want the dank also. And Im willing bet on it. and a measly 5 packs per line to find something killer dank that is and will be a legend is a small price to pay.

Edit: New addition to the competition! After the winners are decided upon, I will then take the best of the best from this competition and I will breed her to accomplish whatever goals YOU guys want to set. Tell me what you think the perfect line would be and what I should breed it with, then I will take it from there and srart working it and we'll see what we come up with. Any and all decisions made about this will be done democratically. Majority wins on all votes.

EDIT TWO: This isnt going to be a typical, everyone get ready...1.......2....3.....go!, no this will not work. So all you who havent popped your beans yet or have already done so and found your keepers or not(but I sure hope you did and come and talk to me about it if you haven't found anything good) This will be an ongoing comp that will probably go 6 months realistically, to let those who are waiting on beans to get them ( I know you guys, they are coming out monday or tuesday to you), then pop them and take off running. We will wait till the last person in the comp is done and ready. I will make a list and set a deadline and that should solve alot of waiting for everyone to finish as poeple jump in after everyone has finished flowering out. Those of you who have already run them or are running them now, you have a head start, which depending on how you use your time, you could possibly have a couple of advantages. But we're not gonna worry about the small stuff. I think ONE PACK or less should be the batch size for this comp. I think most probably across the board, theres a few out there that dont have room for more, so cutting someone out because he/she can't run more is not friendly competition. And of course you all know me or are getting to know me, Im going to be real lienient on deadlines and rules or anything of that nature. The REAL Motivation behind this comp is to collectively go through seed stock and see if we can't find something that is truly amazing. amazing beyond the mother in every way and better. Rules are just to organize a bit, but everything is negotiable if your bringing dank to the table :)

EDIT THREE: Since we did this as a group and are going to be spending time and resources and space and many other things, so for all intent and purpose, I consider the winners to belong to the competition crew. They are free to use how you like and if something is really out of this world, your welcome to lock it down. Point is, you are all going to have input and decide between you guys what you want to do with your new found genetics that you own to do with as you please. All I ask is dont flood the market with 20 different f1 crosses with it. If your going to find something special, then its your responsibility to care for it and if so inclined breed with it and try to make it even better. Of course all that said, whatever we find that is dank, Ill be working also, but feel free to follow along with your own breeding and contribute to the documented evolution of this strain we create off the mother stock we get from the Competition.

Last edited:
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Yeti bait   the right stuff by faile35 d3i6c4q
My yeti is gonna snatch them bitches up!

jlr42024

jlr42024

If this can actually work and the community comes together one can only imagine the specimen that's chosen the winner! I like where your going with this loompa your thoughts behind this are inspirational!

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
So, without further ado, anyone interested in joining the comp just keep replying to this post add your name to the list of a growing list of names with each reply, what strain or strains you want to run, your system of growing, and add +1 more to the overall participant number.

Ill start it off:

NAME: A: STRAIN/STRAINS: B: SYSTEM: C: Organic Y/N
1. Loompa A: Yeti f3 B: Soil Organic in beds/no drainage C: YES

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Power OG
Positive vibes & good luck everyone.

Exactly!!! Have fun doing it and talk among yourselves, your going to learn more about the plant and the breeding process and working with seed, and learning to look for specific traits instead of just walking into a room and say "Yup, everything is green, good job man."..LOLOL

Good luck everyone. Theres no immediate hurry and lets hope theres so many special ones we cant narrow it down. Lets see what happens. the whole truth about the line and everything about it will be exposed also through this venture. Thats why I also want to do it.....And if anyone needs advice, just ask. Happy Pheno Hunting People!!!

Top Bottom