Compost tea PH adjustment options

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cgdub303

You provided some great info thanks! I added into bring the thread back...but some else started it first lol :animal0057:

Yeah I actually first tried the crushed lime because I found out that calmag plus was not how jedi walk :) Glad to understand more about the organic ph now, thanks again.

Has anyone used stump tea, and how well does just mixing and letting it bake in the sun work? New here and thanks for the advice in advance. Love

Samoan

Samoan

Has anyone used stump tea, and how well does just mixing and letting it bake in the sun work? New here and thanks for the advice in advance. Love
I strongly suggest looking into JADAM Natural Farming by Youngsang Cho - Much informationg how to make natural inputs using whats available locally:

Centered around utilizing Leaf Mold that is loaded with indigenous microorganisms, Poatoe or Rice and other Carbohydrates, Seawater or Salt, Phylittes, Wild Grasses, and Crop Residues
-Mixing these together in water that is free of chlorine/chloramines and at proper temperature you will let them FERMENT ANAERIBICALLY! -No need for airpump just close the lid - The smell will be strong but you can learn to manage it in many different ways.

The process is simple and cost effective however i will warn you this will open up a new world of gardening or farming for you!

I hope this Helps Someone! Aloha -Z

T

Thedoctor69

Hi can anyone who's currently producing an acidic tea preferably around 6.2 please tell me the ingredients. As I'm currently in coco I'd like to produce a tea that's close to that.
Also if anyone knows of any acidic ingredients that would help me thank you.

T

Thedoctor69

I understand a lot of the benficial organisms will be destroyed by my coco nutes after but would like the benefit for at least that day and when flushing also.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I understand a lot of the benficial organisms will be destroyed by my coco nutes after but would like the benefit for at least that day and when flushing also.

Just brew your tea and ph it with citric acid.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I'm worried the change in ph will kill a lot of what I've created even if it's organic.

The thing is consant aeration will raise the ph to incredibly high values. I dont ph teas and not many growers here do either. Thats because when you choose to go organic, ph is not that important because microbes will feed the plant. So you see there is another reason for not mixing organic with synthetic.
But if you still want to do it phing it to 6.5 (or whatever your preference is) with citric acid will not kill much of the microbes and the ones may be killed are the ones that will eventually die off in your slightly acidic medium anyway.

T

Thedoctor69

The thing is consant aeration will raise the ph to incredibly high values. I dont ph teas and not many growers here do either. Thats because when you choose to go organic, ph is not that important because microbes will feed the plant. So you see there is another reason for not mixing organic with synthetic.
But if you still want to do it phing it to 6.5 (or whatever your preference is) with citric acid will not kill much of the microbes and the ones may be killed are the ones that will eventually die off in your slightly acidic medium anyway.
Thanks as I said at the start I'm currently coco hence wanting to create a tea that's around 6.2 if it's got there itself then presumably it'll survive and thrive better at that ph when introduced to the medium? And I'd be happy to just use organic nutes for around few days afterwards to again stem their destruction.
I'll be going full organic compost / coco amended next time for at least 1 tent but all coco this time and I'm really not sure how it'll respond to a ph above 6.2?
Anyone with any experience of non phd tea on pure coco perlite?

Latest posts

Top Bottom