Could An Outdoor/indoor 24-0 Light Schedule Make My Autos Hermie?

• Thread starter hkh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hkh

hkh

I'm trying this new schedule with my plants trying to give my plants the best possible light during the day, bringing them into the grow tent (w/ led lights) close to sunset, running them on a 24-0 schedule.

They seem to be thriving (growing way better than the ones inside only), but I was just reading up on possible hermie issues and I'm worried that they might possible get stressed to that point. I do see a lot many more posts from growers that highly recommend the 24-0 schedule for autos, but they're either growing inside or outdoors exclusively. Still shouldn't matter though as long as both environments are similar (in temp, humidity, etc).

Would anyone have any thoughts? Please remember, these are autos. Thank you.

Could an outdoorindoor 24 0 light schedule make my autos hermie
Could an outdoorindoor 24 0 light schedule make my autos hermie 2
Could an outdoorindoor 24 0 light schedule make my autos hermie 3
Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

I have asked this lighting question before, and gotten little traction.
I suspect that "hermy" tenancies follow other breeding traits like flower timing.
The problem is that it would be a complicated effort to deliberately stress a plant in an effort to select against this tenancy.
Breeding autos is tricky.
In my auto flower project I am specifically selecting for a plant that can be sown in April, grown outside under the long summer days, and harvested before frost in interior Alaska.
My strategy is to just keep growing lines that perform in this window.(because I lack the capacity to grow more than a few dozen plants per summer)
Traits like flower structure are generations down the road.

Nice looking plant.
Please keep posting.

Reactions: hkh
Top Bottom