Current Culture Under Current Solo 8 Gallon

• Thread starter No1up
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

No1up

Does anyone have any experience with this hydro bucket. I know I can make one for less, I get that. I don't have time for that I much rather buy a ready to go bucket. With that said if anyone has experience with this product I'd love to know anything i can. There's not much on the net about it.

DGP

DGP

Does anyone have any experience with this hydro bucket. I know I can make one for less, I get that. I don't have time for that I much rather buy a ready to go bucket. With that said if anyone has experience with this product I'd love to know anything i can. There's not much on the net about it.

I think current cultures undercurrent systems are the best designs ever but their prices are crazy expensive. However, the solo 8 is nothing more than a Deep Water Culture system (not undercurrent, not recirculating) single bucket similar to something you could make with stuff from home depot and the pet store. Problem with single bucket DWC is the water temperatures have to stay below 68F in order to prevent root rot. Straight DWC has limitations, recirculating DWC like undercurrent is a much better system. I design and build my own undercurrent systems because Current Culture's products are so expensive. These things are quite easy and simple to fabricate (DIY).

Dee

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

I use a ss315 lec cmh with waterfarms i've modified to recirculate from an remote reservoir without a submersibl water pump... That solo is simply a stand alone dwc bubble bucket... Not bad for what it is... I think you'll need to buy some grow media like hydroton..
You can get excellent results with a standard WF.. For an example of how well they work google -pineapple-express-g13-labs-seed to harvest- it's all in the first 12 pages, so not a huge read..
I use the 315 watt cmh scrog, 1 WF, 1 plant, 1 light.. this is what i got on my first 2 plants using the 315 cmh lights...
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/deep-water-culture.93398/page-3#post-2082531

scubascrog

scubascrog

Build your own! go to home depot. they have 27 gallon yellow top totes for 11 dollars, get one of those for your res and whateversize smaller for your roots, get 2 pvc uniseals, and a small pump. single buckeroo rdwc. there ya go!

scubascrog

scubascrog

There is a guy on ROI that just waterfalls in the bucket and he says is enough o2 for him without airstones. pretty white looking roots too.

N

No1up

Build your own! go to home depot. they have 27 gallon yellow top totes for 11 dollars, get one of those for your res and whateversize smaller for your roots, get 2 pvc uniseals, and a small pump. single buckeroo rdwc. there ya go!

Is there some sort of step by step guide with pictures? LOL

Also, do I need a water chiller with hydro? Or should I just stick with soil...

N

No1up

Or dies anyone know anything about
Platinium 40 Series AeroStar?

Latest posts

Top Bottom