Damn Noobs! What Did Do Wrong?

• Thread starter Friendlyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Im using gen org bio thrive and Dr earths soil. Transplanted and pots have not dried out. Roots are probably a lil messed up. Ph is uk at this time as i cant water or it will get worse. Got a fan going my humidity was 45 to 53. Use an ultrasonic humidifier and humidistat. There probably is to much humidity fluctuation going on as i have some cracked leaves. Help would be great! Thanks

Edit...the watering was 1.5 weeks ago...havent dried out...ill bet its an overwatering issue coupled with a rooting issue

Damn noobs what did do wrong
Damn noobs what did do wrong 2
Damn noobs what did do wrong 3
Damn noobs what did do wrong 4
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Fan may be contributing to the situation, over 50 rh is fine but whenever i let a fan directly blow air to my plants i get problems.
There has been 1,5 weeks since your last watering? Thats a really big problem roots must be drowning, i think you should get a lighter soil with better drainage and some smartpots and transplant immediately.

DGP

DGP

I use fox farms ocean forest, happy frog and nectar soils from time to time and in my opinion they all need extra perlite for aeration and to break up the soil. They are all too heavy without augmentation. I also put a layer of hydroton on top and sprinkle diatomaceous earth on top between watering ( DE will keep many bugs away).

Dee

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

They werent the strongest rooting wise when they got transplanted.

What you're saying is what i was thinking too...good to hear it from someone else, from a more knowledgeable stand point. Thanks fellas! I dug out the moldy smelling soil as well..i think i will pull some of lower feeder leaves to expose the soil to light. Help keep that from getting out of control...

If i blend my soil with hydroton for aeration will it compact the soil?

Fan may be contributing to the situation, over 50 rh is fine but whenever i let a fan directly blow air to my plants i get problems.
There has been 1,5 weeks since your last watering? Thats a really big problem roots must be drowning, i think you should get a lighter soil with better drainage and some smartpots and transplant immediately.

Fan oscillates directly on them..thats not bad is it? I think when i mixed my soil the smal perlite broke up quite a bit..lol.im going to get nugget size next time...thanks crimson also DGP..appreciated

DGP

DGP

Just add more perlite. I use the hydroton as a top dressing only to prevent erosion that tends to leave the roots exposed (holes in the soil from watering).

Dee

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
If soil smells moldy just uproot them if the roots are white and healthy transplant in to a new container with soil that is mixed with perlite or lava rocks or anything that will aerate the soil better and use plenty of it. The soil you have is probably ok but needs a lot of perlite or lava stones the soil should dry in 3-4 days max IME.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Also don’t let the fan blow directly at the plants some plants are sensitive, i have a northern lights going now and i only used the fan one night and the next day leaves had brown spots on them.

dankninja

dankninja

wrote a thread about this a while ago, perhaps on a different forum. I encountered a micro deficiency disaster with dr earth soil products, every time I used them for a good year on and off.

I ended up mixing it with ff or something else I think, worked out better at the time. pretty muddy, micro def soil IME. all your pics look similar to what I encountered. I moved on to better soil mixes a long time ago.

if you gotta keep them, transplant into some light warrior and happy frog mixed up, or something similar with high drainage. add perlite to whatever you decide. azamax root drench. pray.

Monster762

Monster762

Ive had sewer root before all the way through 10 week flower. I just kept rinsing often. But the bottom had holes around sides which let all the moisture pool in center. Fabric pots changed that. You are sure no negative bugs? I would check good make sure there’s nothing needs killing. Then I would up pot however wet they are. You should be able to get the dirt clump out clean. You can lightly rinse loose dirt off roots but personally I wouldn’t risk the extra stress. Take your new soil cut it 50/50 with plain peat moss. Not miracle grow. No nutes. Throw a whole bag of perelite in n mix good. Use that to up pot. I personally would add some mykos at transplant hole or some kind of microbe root enhancer n it should bounce back good. Give solid base feed after initial watering from transplant.

Monster762

Monster762

Ive had sewer root before all the way through 10 week flower. I just kept rinsing often. But the bottom had holes around sides which let all the moisture pool in center. Fabric pots changed that. You are sure no negative bugs? I would check good make sure there’s nothing needs killing. Then I would up pot however wet they are. You should be able to get the dirt clump out clean. You can lightly rinse loose dirt off roots but personally I wouldn’t risk the extra stress. Take your new soil cut it 50/50 with plain peat moss. Not miracle grow. No nutes. Throw a whole bag of perelite in n mix good. Use that to up pot. I personally would add some mykos at transplant hole or some kind of microbe root enhancer n it should bounce back good. Give solid base feed after initial watering from transplant.
Oh didn’t see you just transplanted.

dankninja

dankninja

yes bad soil condition to have, wet soggy roots wont help at all. what are your room temps? not sure what size containers you transplanted to, or what soil you used with transplant, but I recommend dont use dr earth again. can always transplant again depending as well. but putting them in a larger pot with more dr earth wont help IMO.

personally I would just cull, clean up the whole room containers and everything you used, and just start over. dr earth screwed another one lol.

also dont know how well documented this has been up here, but general hydroponics is now and has been owned by miracle gro. food for thought.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbu...-scotts-hydroponics-deal-was-its-biggest.html

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Is the soil cold wet?
No not all...everything has caught up. Its looking good..a few seem to be rebounding a litlle slower than the rest. But, it's all good..going to make babies soon. Yay!

yes bad soil condition to have, wet soggy roots wont help at all. what are your room temps? not sure what size containers you transplanted to, or what soil you used with transplant, but I recommend dont use dr earth again. can always transplant again depending as well. but putting them in a larger pot with more dr earth wont help IMO.

personally I would just cull, clean up the whole room containers and everything you used, and just start over. dr earth screwed another one lol.

also dont know how well documented this has been up here, but general hydroponics is now and has been owned by miracle gro. food for thought.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbu...-scotts-hydroponics-deal-was-its-biggest.html

Lol....dr earth is the best soil i have used so far.....the gnats are practically non exsistent. They arent close to being as bad as they were with promix. At this point kast year i had easly twice as many. The remps are the same humidity is the same. I would have to say the soil is the reason....cull, kill, wtf? I never give up. Even if they got even worse i wouldn't....unless absolutely necessary

dankninja

dankninja

and gnats with pro mix. wtf to your wtf. sounds like a bigger problem. selection is what keeps cannabis lines going. if we all just ran everything into the ground, sick or not, we'd all be smoking trash. good luck with that.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Update! Plants are 3+ ft and ready for flower. Taking pics in 2 days will start a flowering thread. Fungus gnats did some devistation. Got them under control for the most part. Think i got a root fungus issue. Been using hydrguard too...going to get hydrzyme as well for next time.....ill use compost teas til then.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Update! Plants are 3+ ft and ready for flower. Taking pics in 2 days will start a flowering thread. Fungus gnats did some devistation. Got them under control for the most part. Think i got a root fungus issue. Been using hydrguard too...going to get hydrzyme as well for next time.....ill use compost teas til then.
food for thought,fungus always overwelm,bacteria tears um a new ass,it takes both to balance out for uptake,bacteria always win,there food is the fungus,try a shot of LAB to your feed and the bacteria will nip that issue in the bud and there will be no more musky smell,im not sure why some say this soil is better than that other one,one thing for sure if you feed the soil instead of the plant you will prevail,remember soil you feed the soil ,hyro or any water media you feed the plant,,https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/8634877-gil-carandang-lactobacillus-serum-recipe

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

profile of your soil,looking for 25%air/25%water/45%minerals./5%organic material,from this point it can be adjusted,minerals is soil,be it clay,sand ,or silt,ideal soil layering would be minerals as in a high top soil grade,then a layer of course sand, the soil will spread as it is wetting and will spread sideways to the sand structure cant stand it and then it will filter slowly threw the sand to next layer,so that being said could explain why your not watering or feeding as much,ive used dr,earth and had great sucess with 2 grows from same pot,same with all fox farm lines,feed your soil and it just keeps going,i look at amendments every time i feed,now i know fox has 2 difrent plants that one uses pine and west coast use hardwood,some say there is a difrence,im thinking geographic areas,couldnt that explain why a feller on east coast growing with a west coast brand soil could cause problems?microbes arent from its original area if you dig,i know were i live some these fire ass weed plants yall talk about aint gonna happen in the triple digits 5 months out the year,hahah,but ya this is a wide open debates that will never be explained simple because there aint enough interest in how we get or food or monnies to study what we walk on,lmao kinda like the wild lettuce i grow,it is only legal because no one can tell ya what it is,will send your ass into the 60s no joke you gotta be careful wit it,but take pain away shit does it work,but scientist have studied it from begging of time and cant tell ya what it is,so cant grow weed legal ,ha i can that uncle sam hahahah

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

food for thought,fungus always overwelm,bacteria tears um a new ass,it takes both to balance out for uptake,bacteria always win,there food is the fungus,try a shot of LAB to your feed and the bacteria will nip that issue in the bud and there will be no more musky smell,im not sure why some say this soil is better than that other one,one thing for sure if you feed the soil instead of the plant you will prevail,remember soil you feed the soil ,hyro or any water media you feed the plant,,https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/8634877-gil-carandang-lactobacillus-serum-recipe

The place im at smells extremely moldy. Is it ok to make the lacto in that environment?

If not ill maje it somewhere else

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I start with Wally World (just organic potting mix )no not MG . I add sand and a crap load of perlite/ lava rock, kelp ,and more worm castings .my soil stays outside and also gets veggie cuttings I have 2 50 gallon brute trash cans one is ready to use soil one is decomposeing; maybe it's wierd but I get good results ! I also don't know about other peeps ,but I like putting lava rocks at the bottom of my pots/buckets seems to help drainage .

Top Bottom