DANKASS Space Queen!

• Thread starter Jimmynitz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elkhunter

elkhunter

yeah man that'd be me, altho I hung out a lil more at CW back then, but hell RC owned both CW/OG ...just OG was a bit too rowdy for me lol...peace...elk..

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Here are 2 keeper phenos of my Space Queen F3's that I made back in 2005.
Space Queen #1 is a sweeter phenotype that has a smell that reminds me of smarties candy and cantaloupe. The high is up and pretty intense...so far this one has had my heart thumpin a few times! The cantaloupe smell and the high show her C99 influence.
Funny thing though, out of all the SQ I've grown over the yrs, the original F1's I bought, the F2's and F3's I've made...I never once came across a pineapple pheno. Killer Queen has pineapple covered, LOL!

The #2 is probably my favorite of the two. The smell is lemony pinesol and eucalyptus, which is pretty damn good. The high on this one comes more from the Romulan side in the end. It starts out intense like the #1 pheno, then hits ya with that heavy Rom effect. It goes from trippy to sleepy, LOL.:joint:

I'll definitely be working these two into future projects.:)

SQ#1 "smarties candy/cantaloupe" pheno
DSCN2220.JPG

DSCN2219.JPG

DSCN2227.JPG
is the killer queen clone used in this cross from the same batch of seed Vic released back in the day?

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - updates
DATE - 20:40:16 10/03/99
FROM - Vic High

OK, too tired to worry about a C99/romulan/g13/chemo update, save it for next weekend I guess, or during the week.
However, I screwed up the timing of the pollen induction, it's day 33 and still no pollen flying. Some of the c99 and g13
pistals are dying, every dead pistal means one less seed, drats!! I introduced males into the room on day 14 I think,
maybe I should have made it day seven. Past experience told me that day zero was too soon for maximizing seed
production, and now it looks as if day 14 is too late, now to narrow the gap, hehe.

blueberry - no irish, I can't see a reason for any problems with blueberry germination. My methods are less than
perfect, but if you search down, you will be able to find some fairly current germination data. Here's an update on that
batch. Numbers are not to be taken as literal, they are more ratios. They now reflect survival rates, not germination
rates, as I've killed off a few runts.

OTBB8 - 9/9 - these are from a friend overseas
OTBB6 - 9/9 - these are from a friend overseas
BL8-99 - 8/9 - these are bcga third generation
BL10-99 - 7/9 - these are bcga third generation
BL8-97 - 9/9 - these are bcga original stock - seedbank vers
BL8-97 - 8/9 - same as previous
BBL7-99 - 4/9 - a new high yielding version
BBL7-99 - 3/9 - same as previous

The 99 stock was very fresh and had never been refrigerated, this is probably why their germ rates are so low. The 97
stock is the same batch that is available through the seedbanks.

Notes of interest: Anyone remember me mentioning my weird veg strategy of starting the seedlings in the flower room?
I do this because of space constraints. I've successfully raised many batches (including c99) to 12" before preflowers
aided in presexing. I would then move them into a veg lighting environment until ready to flower. Well I was doing this
with the blueberry seedlings, they have not responded well. Their growth is stunted, and at 5" many have a mini cola
starting to form at their tops. So blueberry doesn't need to mature before flowering, haha. And the learning continues,
hehe.

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - C99 hybrids update
DATE - 10:32:58 9/25/99
FROM - Vic High

OK, I figured it was time to update on the C99 growout. This update is off the yop of my head without being
biased from earlier notes. The main thing I noticed when entering the room is a sweet fruity aroma, very pleasant.
It's now day 25 of 12/12. Strains are C99, romulan, g13, and a lone chemo. I over estimated the stretching, so
the room isn't as crowded as I anticipated. I added the heavily preflowering grapefruit mom as a test cross, for
fun, since there was extra room. Also, males are dropping like flies for various reasons, adding even more space,
hehe. The remaining males have been in flower for about 10 days now and look like they will unload their dust
this week. I also took picks yesterday, hopefully they turn out :) While taking the pics, I noticed a small bit of
powdery mildew creeping into the room, it was on romulan and the c99 bucks. I sprayed with funginex after the
photo op. Today, many of the pistals turned brown as a result of the spraying.

OK, still the lone chemo is the most developed, calyxes have progressed to the stage of swelling. Although still
heavy, crystal production hasn't increased since the last evaluation. The upper shade leaves do support crystal
though. Smell is hard to describe, I think vanilla, but even that is a bit off, not really sweet smelling like vanilla is.
This plant did not stretch at all.

C99 - these girls are packing on the crystals AND sweet aroma. They are dominating the aroma in the room.
And about half of them have crystals coating the upper shade leaves, making them look the most impressive.
Calyxes are thick and long, and a very uniform creamy colour. I can differentiate between the strains by pistal
alone, hehe. These stretched the most, about 80%, a nice healthy stretch that opens up the plant allowing
deeper light penetration, and hopefully bigger yields. Speaking of yield, it's a tough call deciding which has
smaller buds, it or romulan.

romulan didn't stretch as much as I'm used to under the suncircle, maybe 50%. It's pistals are long like c99 but
much finer and have a pinkish translucent colour. Of all the strains in the room, romulan and g13 appear to have
the least amount of frosting, more on this later. The romulan buds are more loose than the c99, much more finely
built and definately behind in calyx developement. The aroma still harbours a faint sweet undertone, but the
typical pine aroma is starting to take over.

G13 stretched even less than romulan, about say 40%. It also looks much more stocky with bigger stalks. It's
pistals are short and creamy, a little more yellow than C99. The bud lacks aroma when compared to C99 and
romulan, but does have a slight fruity sweet smell. The buds are the most compact looking between it, c99, and
romulan. Not as well developed as the C99 though. And are the biggest of the three, but because of it's lack of
stretch and dense canopy, it doesn't look like it will yield a whole lot. The quality nugs don't go very deep into the
canopy. The bud tops have lost that dark tone that they had at the last overview.

Crystal notes:

As I previously mentioned, C99 looks much more frosty than the others. As with the g13, the crystals are
smaller and more clear on romulan than C99, the C99 look like a white frosting, while the other two look more
sparkly, if that makes any sense. So I decided to clip a sample of each and look under the dissecting scope. I
found all three to have roughly the same number of trichimes per unit area. The C99 ones were on by far the
longest stalks, about 10 - 15 times their width. And many of the heads were slightly cloudy. The G13 and
romulan trichomes were clear in comparison. They were about the same height as each other and about 3-4
times taller than wide. G13 trichomes were as fat as c99, while romulan were a bit skinnier. Also, romulan had
the highest concentration of sessile (undeveloped) trichomes, C99 had the least.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

@SpiderK : I am loving the bomb nuggets of knowledge that you have been dropping lately, thank you. I mean shit, best seed production is when entering the male between 0-14, that is some awesome and time consumed info, fucking stoked for that. Thanks!

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC -
DATE - 10:09:29 9/04/99
FROM - Vic High

Irish - yes I remeber emails from you. They are no longer in my inbox, but can't remember if I replied to them or
not. I guess not if you are asking, hehe. Sorry to have lost ya.

C99xblueberry - I had a small number of C99/blueberry hybrids that I promised someone but can't remember
who. They are from the C99 seedlings that I raised in the flower room when I was doing the blueberry hybrids.
They are from the preflowers of the earliest C99 girl ;) The other beans are going out to those that sent addies,
please keep in touch as to how they work out.

SpiderK

SpiderK

• Mr Soul's Princess.75
    ((Sk#1 X NL#5)X(Sk#1 X NL#5 X Haze))X(Sk#1 X NL#5 X Haze)
    6 seedlings are off to the races.

Written by Mr Soul and edited by Vic High

1. Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer which was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing JH that the growers missed at first.

3. Princess smells very much like pineapple both during flowering and when dried, but there's this "evil" scent in it too, like rotting meat, which has been linked with the most devastating weed (notably the Durban/Thai hybrid from SSSC, years ago). The taste is connoisseur quality when it's cured; VERY fruity. The high is almost too intense for a lot of people; dr.atomic actually refused to smoke any on our second meeting, after getting rather "hazed and confused" on the first sampling we did together a couple of weeks before, so he decided to try Shiva Skunk and found that more mellow and to his liking. Two hits of Princess will induce your body to tremble involuntarily and your heart to race and paranoid thoughts...very much like Haze, but not quite as intense. It also has a "creeper" quality that makes it easy to over-indulge...you get progressively higher during the first 10 minutes after smoking. Look at the May '98 issue of High Times' centerfold and find "Yellow Cab"...that's EXACTLY what the finished Princess buds look like. The "frosting" of stalked, capitate trichomes on the flowers and smaller leaves gives them a "furry" appearance much like Haze.

4. Princess grow vigorously, and is rapidly-maturing...6 to 7 weeks of 12/12. It feeds heavily and requires about 50% stronger nutrient solution than an Indica does. It stays short, for a Sativa-dominant strain, and finishes at about 3 ft indoors. The yield from such a plant is about 20 grams.

5. Mr Soul has been "cubing" the clone of Princess so the seedline will be Princess. The father is Shiva Skunk. He is currently growing out Princess.75 to obtain males for the creation of Princess.88. Seeds of the 0.88 generation will be ready by mid-July and should produce excellent plants, albeit not perfectly stable yet...but nearly. He plans to back-cross once more after that to arrive at 0.94 Princess genetics, which should be a stable, true-breeding seedline with females "replicating" Princess reliably.

6. This strain is exactly what most people believe doesn't exist; a Sativa which grows VERY well indoors, stays short, and matures as rapidly as an Indica (faster than many), and has the great KILLER Sativa high/flavor. The yield is fine too. Mr Soul finds that the Indica strains are too leafy/stalky and much goes to waste with them, whereas Princess has an extremely high flower/leaf ratio and therefore almost no waste.

SpiderK

SpiderK

It is our philosophy that the cannabis seed industry is currently over priced. Don't let our low prices fool you. It took some long and hard negotiating to be sure that they were available at such a reasonable rate. We do not sell direct, no exceptions. We welcome feedback on your results and comments can be left at our Help Desk which is hosted by Cannabis World

BC Growers have put a lot of effort into bringing you some of the lost and unique treasures of past years. We look for the older genetics that do well under lower lighting intensities (30 watts/ft). With this improved efficiency in light use comes plants with added vigour and are very forgiving to grow. These older genetics also tend to have more complex highs that will continue to get you stoned bag after bag. Keeps them coming back for more, haha. With the more complex highs come more full bodied flavours. Each product tends to have a main flavour and then various levels of more subtle flavours in the background. Again, it keeps them coming back for more, haha.

However, one of the drawbacks of using older genetics is that they are not adapted to the newer growing methods where seedlings are vegged for less than 2 months. Our genetics are designed for growers who want to find exceptional clone moms, not quick turnover of seedlings. You can get away with the shorter veg time, but risk a few female seedlings that put out a few male flowers. This has only been reported with a couple of romberry grows (out of thousands) but can be avoided by vegging the seedlings for roughly 3 months. After the plant has had a chance the mature this long, it's followup clones can be flowered as soon after rooting as the grower desires. This only effects the immature seedling.

Space Queen

Space Queen was the only reason I invested in C99 in the first place. Ever since I heard the description of Soul's princess I knew her and romulan would be the perfect match. Then prototype crosses between P75 and romberry started pumping out the winners that have found keeper status in many select gardens. Each of these keepers exhibit a blend of C99 and romulan characters.

Space Queen is a romulan/C99 hybrid. Flavour and potency are can't misses, both parents are known for their high potency and great highs. Lemon, pine, and pineapple all swirl in a pungent bouquet to tantalize your taste buds!! Roughly 50% have the romulan pine flavour dominating. Flowering time will be comparable to romberry averaging 8 weeks depending on grower and grow environment. Yield can be above average, but she won't be a top production plant. Her growing form will range from a 50/50 sat/indi hybrid to a full blown sativa. Some of the hidden sativa that has come forth in some seedlings have been truly the most pleasant smoke I've experienced. I hope she puts smiles on a few faces

Breeding Status: Variable Hybrid
Flowering: 50 - 60 days
Height: 100-150 cm.
Yield indoors: above average
Suggested growing skill: advanced
Suggested Retail: $75 for 10 seeds

Killer Queen

This is for those looking for raw potency at all costs!! G13 is the very potent mom, and C99 as the pollen source is no slouch either, but it's a guess how they will combine. This is a prototype release to test the waters. G13 should add to the punch, C99 should improve yield and flavour. Plus something caused the g13 clones to produce seeds smaller than I was hoping. Small like the sweet tooth suprise. Reaction to excess UV? So for these two reasons, despite the excellent genetics, I would like to keep the price down. Only enough seeds for 100 orders were sent to market.

Breeding Status: Uniform Hybrid
Flowering: 45 - 55 days
Height: 70-100 cm.
Yield indoors: moderate
Suggested growing skill: moderate
Suggested Retail: $60 for 12 seeds

Beauty and the Beast

The production growers may want to look at this one, it should be a heavy early. Chemo's suspected polyploid nature causes it to just blast off when flowering is initiated, it's mind blowing. Chemo bud is potent with tremendous medical benefits but lack's character. Those suffering from insomnia and bipolar behaviour seem to gain a lot of benefit from my chemo mom. C99 improves the bud quality and the combination has improved chemo's vigour. This strain grows as a single cola and is the best choice in our lineup for those wanting a dedicated SOG plant.

Breeding Status: Uniform Hybrid
Flowering: 45 - 55 days
Height: 70-100 cm.
Yield indoors: above average
Suggested growing skill: moderate
Suggested Retail: $60 for 12 seeds

elkhunter

elkhunter

hey jimmy I have 17 seeds left from a 20 pack vic sent me...was a mix pack...from like 99-2000...bet theres some F1 space queen and killer queen in there...maybe even an orange crush....take me a little time to get to them...kept at my safe addy...but you are more than welcome to them if you think it might help preserve some of the lines...peace.. elk..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

hey jimmy I have 17 seeds left from a 20 pack vic sent me...was a mix pack...from like 99-2000...bet theres some F1 space queen and killer queen in there...maybe even an orange crush....take me a little time to get to them...kept at my safe addy...but you are more than welcome to them if you think it might help preserve some of the lines...peace.. elk..
Please please start and preserve them, especially males!!!! Please!

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
is the killer queen clone used in this cross from the same batch of seed Vic released back in the day?
As far as I know, it is cannapits. But I can't say for certain. I do know that Rez had this clone a long time...even before he got the Sour Diesel. In fact I think I remember him saying he traded his KQ and another clone(Williams Wonder?) for the Sour D.

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
Wow elk, that is very generous of you! Thank you for the offer!
Hopefully they are still viable...I would love to dig through that treasure chest and see what is in there. :)

william76

william76

Wow elk, that is very generous of you! Thank you for the offer!
Hopefully they are still viable...I would love to dig through that treasure chest and see what is in there. :)
That's the sort of pheno hunt were talking about!76

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
As far as I know, it is cannapits. But I can't say for certain. I do know that Rez had this clone a long time...even before he got the Sour Diesel. In fact I think I remember him saying he traded his KQ and another clone(Williams Wonder?) for the Sour D.

Nice. Ive ran lonestars KQ which came from the same batch. its got a white grape flavor. unlike motas more citrus flavor in the killa queen. thanks for the response brother.

Top Bottom