Deficiency Problem?

• Thread starter Kingspade746
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kingspade746

Not 100% sure what it could be. I know my leaves shouldnt be clawed like that. Im 4 weeks into flower and im not sure what i should do about it. Looks like nitrogen def or maybe toxicity? Is it ok to feed nitro this late into flower or? Any advice/tips would help. Ph is 6.5 using foxfarm in veg transplanted to another organic soil for flower. Nutes used in veg were Alaska Natural Growth (2-1-0). Current nutes being used is Alaska Natural Bloom (0-3-2) and Advanced Nutrients Big Bud (0-1-3)
Deficiency problem
Deficiency problem 2
Deficiency problem 3
Deficiency problem 4

Last edited:
scubascrog

scubascrog

N tox to me. when you lollipopped the plant what was an acceptable N level looks like it is now in abundance. IMO i could be wrong.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if you focus on one thing ,the others tend to lock out,that not even bad,matter fact you gonna have 1 long ass cola when it done,feed the soil friend not the plant,wasnt gonna say it,but cant help myself,THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL TO FLUSH SOIL PERIOD so dont make a mud pie,if you screw up in three days it will heal itself pretty much,even with a nute burn the full effect of it will be 3 days later,,i make my own nutrients and this is how i tell if i got my fermented plant juice correct,that being said,feed the soil as mentioned above and you will prevail,as far as when to stop n ,dont,add your feed were you have a higher ,p,k and keep the n side light but dont shut it off,nitrogen is in the air you and i both breath as do they,but in closed quarters we have to supplement sometimes,so in veg ,last week or two start dropping down on N and feed more p,k,once flower and stretch has stopped ,start feeding the higher p k and n at a low count and all good if you dig,you can also turn your hps bulb on last 2 weeks of veg,then swap to mh bulb first 2 weeks of flower and it will slow the stretch a lot,,im saying get on the band wagon to organic gardening all the way bro,look into KNF make your own feeds,if you dont have room to ferment,look into better organiks all organic and the brother can help you all the way,if @Ecompost cant help you at the moment,his staff is just as sharp as him,,you can even pm here on the farm if you need help,the brother has a huge farm and it is planting season were he at so give a few days and he will answer you ,or just go to site and check it out his staff is always there to answer and solve problems

Ecompost

Ecompost

I agree with @Toaster79 the plant is small and its needs will be light! what is an acceptable level I think you asked him? Well less than you have used? It is unlikely to be N since you arent feeding N are you? Perhaps they are too wet? What is the soil temp day and night? It sure looks environmental from here
Well done @oldskol4evr stop flushing soil, just know what soil type it is before you begin. This will tell you more about how you ought to treat the media.
I think you are planting in pure compost right? most cannabis growers do that. How much food in the compost?
When you add P to your soil, most of it quickly forms non available forms of compounds in what is called a fixed pool. The more P we add to plants, the more we need to add since the fixed pool becomes larger by mass with every input.
Phosphorous is an unstable element and binds to many things in clays and soils, forming many compounds, approximately 170 compound forms they say.
Go and have a look for research relating to P uptake. We actually know very little about the true extent of P acquisition in natural systems, but as a man that has a system which uses near zero P, at least levels under 100ppms in most cases, and a man that has grown thousands of these plants with this system, I can say most all other cannabis nutrient companies use far too much P.
We have one product that contains sea phosphates, these make their way in natural systems in bird/ animal shit and under the claws of bears for example :) since we dont have bears in our wood, we use bio veg :)

feeding plants should be something you do over time, learn what you plant is doing and when, time for feeds to coincide with physiological plant changes, these are visual markers for protein cascades unseen :)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I agree with @Toaster79 the plant is small and its needs will be light! what is an acceptable level I think you asked him? Well less than you have used? It is unlikely to be N since you arent feeding N are you? Perhaps they are too wet? What is the soil temp day and night? It sure looks environmental from here
Well done @oldskol4evr stop flushing soil, just know what soil type it is before you begin. This will tell you more about how you ought to treat the media.
I think you are planting in pure compost right? most cannabis growers do that. How much food in the compost?
When you add P to your soil, most of it quickly forms non available forms of compounds in what is called a fixed pool. The more P we add to plants, the more we need to add since the fixed pool becomes larger by mass with every input.
Phosphorous is an unstable element and binds to many things in clays and soils, forming many compounds, approximately 170 compound forms they say.
Go and have a look for research relating to P uptake. We actually know very little about the true extent of P acquisition in natural systems, but as a man that has a system which uses near zero P, at least levels under 100ppms in most cases, and a man that has grown thousands of these plants with this system, I can say most all other cannabis nutrient companies use far too much P.
We have one product that contains sea phosphates, these make their way in natural systems in bird/ animal shit and under the claws of bears for example :) since we dont have bears in our wood, we use bio veg :)

feeding plants should be something you do over time, learn what you plant is doing and when, time for feeds to coincide with physiological plant changes, these are visual markers for protein cascades unseen :)
90% of nute companies use too much of everything...example(western diet)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4923142/

Ecompost

Ecompost

90% of nute companies use too much of everything...example(western diet)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4923142/
what the paper doesnt cover, is the acquisition part of the puzzle, but yeah for sure, some nazi is usually telling us what to eat as if its a one size fits all. Most diets tend to focus on min levels to prevent say muscle loss when we discuss them, I think Diana Rogers is doing some good work i the human field, see Cow versus Kale

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
what the paper doesnt cover, is the acquisition part of the puzzle, but yeah for sure, some nazi is usually telling us what to eat as if its a one size fits all. Most diets tend to focus on min levels to prevent say muscle loss when we discuss them, I think Diana Rogers is doing some good work i the human field, see Cow versus Kale
Its funny i remember this one site... I wont mention the name dank den. There was this one company that liked to add food color to its bottles..anyway most everyone cut it all in half and i wondered hmmm... Why doesnt the nute company change the fucking sticker on the back of the bottle...then i remembered all they care about is money...silly me... The end.

If i had a nute company i would have min not max schedules on the back and i would have separate co2. Non. Hid. Led. Hydro and organic feed schedules... Lot of work but that means actual R&D and effort. Not just throw some miracle grow in a bottle...cut it with water and add color... Bam!!! I got a nute company.

@Ecompost its always why i liked your style...customer service.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

P is a myth. It recycles in most seed bearing plants. I think next time i will just foliar feed 60 ppm or so and keep it out of the soil...seems like there might be toxic elements form from excessive amounts of P...do you know of any of tbese toxins?

Ecompost

Ecompost

P is a myth. It recycles in most seed bearing plants. I think next time i will just foliar feed 60 ppm or so and keep it out of the soil...seems like there might be toxic elements form from excessive amounts of P...do you know of any of tbese toxins?
I make a range of nutrients listed zero P; never get defs and I reuse the shit out of all media too, but I do grow with active biology.
P is better in my PC, my mobile phone, the life saving equipment in hospitals. One day governments will regulate the agricultural use of P to prevent water losses via P based pollution, simply because no one can say how plants acquire it and from where.
My company will be ahead of the curve if it isnt already :-) by providing a solution minus large PPMS of P to grow without losses.
We do have a P product, its pure sea phosphates, re-purposed from what would otherwise be a waste channel in human food production. Its great for growing pumpkins, peppers and root veggies, its also adds weight to MJ Buds and it builds a frame to handle it. Its organic, and a natural part of an existing cycle, its not mined natural if you feel me. Of course it can be overused, ergo our feeding schedule limits the potential. We have no P in our small plant feeds, and none in our late bloom feeds either, this is when the losses seem to really stack up imo so we have just omitted it at these growth times
People cant tell me much about P and plants, only ATP blah, but I mean acquisition and uptake, not what happens to it once its inside, more where it came from amid the 170 or so compound forms, and what happened to the radioactive isotopes it was sharing space with?
When we add the problems we can see, to the science we cant see, P exists in compound forms many times over, and it is rare to find soils deficient in it, I cant see why its not banned already, but then humans are slow and stopping things that they know fuck them after being brainwashed to say we need these things or we risk impending doom.

I have however, seen many types of hybrid plants, and many types of purpling, this is often attributed to P defs, but if you sit on your hands you will understand that its just a trait of the plants more often than not. Only time I get P defs is when i fuck up the root biology

Ecompost

Ecompost

Its funny i remember this one site... I wont mention the name dank den. There was this one company that liked to add food color to its bottles..anyway most everyone cut it all in half and i wondered hmmm... Why doesnt the nute company change the fucking sticker on the back of the bottle...then i remembered all they care about is money...silly me... The end.

If i had a nute company i would have min not max schedules on the back and i would have separate co2. Non. Hid. Led. Hydro and organic feed schedules... Lot of work but that means actual R&D and effort. Not just throw some miracle grow in a bottle...cut it with water and add color... Bam!!! I got a nute company.

@Ecompost its always why i liked your style...customer service.
if you are smart, you will work out how to feed a plant or not, i dont think its possible to write a guide that covers everything. people can ask me, i have used pretty much all media types and lived in many locations, from ice cold and high heat wildfire country, plus I like to think I am approachable enough and care enough to make time.
Even people like me are subject to peoples ideas of what a nutrient company should do. i resisted a guide for ages, but too many people are brainwashed to think I should have one, so I made one for them

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
if you are smart, you will work out how to feed a plant or not, i dont think its possible to write a guide that covers everything. people can ask me, i have used pretty much all media types and lived in many locations, from ice cold and high heat wildfire country, plus I like to think I am approachable enough and care enough to make time.
Even people like me are subject to peoples ideas of what a nutrient company should do. i resisted a guide for ages, but too many people are brainwashed to think I should have one, so I made one for them
Hahaha people get so upset with you when they post their nutes and youre like.. Ditch that..cut that in half.. Only use this once here...basically destroy their schedule. They freak the fuck out. Nuh uh.. Thats not what the bottle says to do.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Yeah the whole doom and gloom thing should go boommmm!

The phosphate boogey man will getchya if you dont buy and use more than whats needed...lol...fook them posers!

I make a range of nutrients listed zero P; never get defs and I reuse the shit out of all media too, but I do grow with active biology.
P is better in my PC, my mobile phone, the life saving equipment in hospitals. One day governments will regulate the agricultural use of P to prevent water losses via P based pollution, simply because no one can say how plants acquire it and from where.
My company will be ahead of the curve if it isnt already :) by providing a solution minus large PPMS of P to grow without losses.
We do have a P product, its pure sea phosphates, re-purposed from what would otherwise be a waste channel in human food production. Its great for growing pumpkins, peppers and root veggies, its also adds weight to MJ Buds and it builds a frame to handle it. Its organic, and a natural part of an existing cycle, its not mined natural if you feel me. Of course it can be overused, ergo our feeding schedule limits the potential. We have no P in our small plant feeds, and none in our late bloom feeds either, this is when the losses seem to really stack up imo so we have just omitted it at these growth times
People cant tell me much about P and plants, only ATP blah, but I mean acquisition and uptake, not what happens to it once its inside, more where it came from amid the 170 or so compound forms, and what happened to the radioactive isotopes it was sharing space with?
When we add the problems we can see, to the science we cant see, P exists in compound forms many times over, and it is rare to find soils deficient in it, I cant see why its not banned already, but then humans are slow and stopping things that they know fuck them after being brainwashed to say we need these things or we risk impending doom.

I have however, seen many types of hybrid plants, and many types of purpling, this is often attributed to P defs, but if you sit on your hands you will understand that its just a trait of the plants more often than not. Only time I get P defs is when i fuck up the root biology

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hahaha people get so upset with you when they post their nutes and youre like.. Ditch that..cut that in half.. Only use this once here...basically destroy their schedule. They freak the fuck out. Nuh uh.. Thats not what the bottle says to do.
the bottle...aint that a record by Gil Scott Heron. I think people have become soft, they want someone to blame if things go wrong. "Well I followed the guide and my plant did a shit, but then I was watching the guide and not my plants!", I paraphrase but you feel me.

I have found lots of plants require less than we might think, but they still have to have everything they need and an ability to access that at any stage. learning how to water is a big part of it, let alone adding water and salts.
Understanding how plants acquire N, for what purposes, can tell us when we might stop using it, or when using it can become a problem. Knowing, and it sort of fits together better which leads to better choices, again dynamic across types and conditions.

Adding nutrients can make a good plant better, but they can more often make a good plant suck, esp when the nutrioents are being delivered by someone not prepared to find out how to help the plants around them better past staring blankly at a guide without asking questions, eg, what is my plant doing now?

Top Bottom