Dhp Presents The Vero29 Angles 5x5 Grow

• Thread starter The Dawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAT

DAT

Wow that looks AMAZING! To be able to grow that much buddage in such a time space! You are a master grower and I respect and admire your skills.u seem to have it all figured out perfectly. I think you should teach a class at One of the community colleges on how to do it! Like a continuing education class from 6 to 8 pm one day a week.

The Dawg

The Dawg

Thanks Doc But As You Well Know Were Nothing But Caretaker's At The Mercy Of The Genetics We Run. I Have Been Blessed With The Friendship Of An Awesome Canadian Breeder :party1:

I'm Running His Blue Ripper In My 5x5 Which Is A Cross Of TGA's Jack The Ripper With Bodhi's Blueberry Skunk Day 36 Of Flower :smoking:

IMG 6549
IMG 6550
IMG 6551
IMG 6554
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 54 Of Flowering

Sorry About The Lack Of Updates But It Was Christmas Time Which Also Corresponds With Flu Season. My Azz Is A Draggin Bit. Hopefully I Will Be In Tip Top Shape Tommy Come Harvest Time :party1:

View attachment 767440 View attachment 767441 View attachment 767442 View attachment 767443 View attachment 767445 View attachment 767446
See I knew everyone was right, LED cant grow no plants!!!!!! Just kidding dawgy. OMG Lost track of this thread for a bit. Mad Respect and props +++ to you and what you have accomplished with those cobs. Great genetics as well. You are just slayn it.

The Dawg

The Dawg

Beautiful nugs!
That You My Brother. Glad You Like My Sweet But Simple Setup :party1:

hope ya feel better soon rover :happy: get it all out of yer system now before the trimmin starts :puke2::puke2::puke2:

:cool:
I Tell Theirs Nothing More Annoying Than Trimming With The Cough Due To Cold :(

See I knew everyone was right, LED cant grow no plants!!!!!! Just kidding dawgy. OMG Lost track of this thread for a bit. Mad Respect and props +++ to you and what you have accomplished with those cobs. Great genetics as well. You are just slayn it.
Just Remember That These Cob's Are Gen 4. Bridgelux Is At Gen 7 Currently :party1:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That You My Brother. Glad You Like My Sweet But Simple Setup :party1:

I Tell Theirs Nothing More Annoying Than Trimming With The Cough Due To Cold :(

Just Remember That These Cob's Are Gen 4. Bridgelux Is At Gen 7 Currently :party1:
Tell me dawgy, what is the heat factor with the setup you are using? Do they truly create less heat than say multiple 2 ea 600 w hps w air cooled reflectors?

The Dawg

The Dawg

Tell me dawgy, what is the heat factor with the setup you are using? Do they truly create less heat than say multiple 2 ea 600 w hps w air cooled reflectors?

Brother I'm An Old School MH Grower From The Early 70's. In My Book HPS Stand For Hot Piece of Shit. So I Couldn't Tell Ya The Heat Factor. However In My 5x5 825 Watts Of Cobs Runs 10 Degrees Above My Ambient Temperature. :party1:

DAT

DAT

Looks swell. Hope you feel better soon before the new year. Nice way to start the new year with a stash like that! Happy new year. Try trimming with a dust mask on . Take it easy doggie Dawg .

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

You wouldn't happen to have a few closer shots of that PVC framework? Very nice structure. 2 tier w/ string for netting? You assemble the upper frame as the grow progresses? My first grow I didn't use a screen. I do regret it. I've been toying with the idea of a PVC frame. Great looking grow sir.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Brother I'm An Old School MH Grower From The Early 70's. In My Book HPS Stand For Hot Piece of Shit. So I Couldn't Tell Ya The Heat Factor. However In My 5x5 825 Watts Of Cobs Runs 10 Degrees Above My Ambient Temperature. :party1:
Well then that pretty much answers my question. :D That is very manageable in comparison to MH/hps. Damn sure thinking I need to give more thought to losing my mh/hps and hop on the led train. I like you am an ole dawg and have been using sunshine and HID since the 70's as well.
I have been waiting to pull the trigger on led tech and have been watching and learning. Mainly to see what results others are getting. I do believe I am out of excuses to not make the change. But as is human nature most of us hate change when things have been a certain way for so long.

So my next question is what was your out of pocket costs to hang 825 w of led in your groom? If you dont mind sharing that. My other challenge in converting is I really dont have the time to DIY my own cobs so thats why I asked what the cost is going to be as I would have to have some one here at the farm maybe build me a setup.

I have been drooling over the Fluence SpyderX Plus but that dang this is 1500 clams. But the par and ppfd on it are truly insane. PPF: 1535 µmol/s PPFD (μmol/m2/s): 1030 avg | 1200 max | 715 min

But I am not willing to shell that sort of dinero out for a small time garden for personal use.

Decisions decisions

The Dawg

The Dawg

You wouldn't happen to have a few closer shots of that PVC framework? Very nice structure. 2 tier w/ string for netting? You assemble the upper frame as the grow progresses? My first grow I didn't use a screen. I do regret it. I've been toying with the idea of a PVC frame. Great looking grow sir.

Thank You Brother OldSmokie And Welcome. I Was One Of The 1st To Use PVC As A Frame For A Scroggig And I Know I Was The 1st Using Pink Mason's Line For The Screen. I Will Take Some Pictures Later For Ya.:)

Well then that pretty much answers my question. :D That is very manageable in comparison to MH/hps. Damn sure thinking I need to give more thought to losing my mh/hps and hop on the led train. I like you am an ole dawg and have been using sunshine and HID since the 70's as well.
I have been waiting to pull the trigger on led tech and have been watching and learning. Mainly to see what results others are getting. I do believe I am out of excuses to not make the change. But as is human nature most of us hate change when things have been a certain way for so long.

So my next question is what was your out of pocket costs to hang 825 w of led in your groom? If you dont mind sharing that. My other challenge in converting is I really dont have the time to DIY my own cobs so thats why I asked what the cost is going to be as I would have to have some one here at the farm maybe build me a setup.

I have been drooling over the Fluence SpyderX Plus but that dang this is 1500 clams. But the par and ppfd on it are truly insane. PPF: 1535 µmol/s PPFD (μmol/m2/s): 1030 avg | 1200 max | 715 min

But I am not willing to shell that sort of dinero out for a small time garden for personal use.

Decisions decisions

Brother I Was Describe As A Salmon Swimming Up Stream At A Early Age. Tell Me Not Or You Cant Do Something And I Will Prove You Wrong. I've Been Growing With Leds For At Least 10 Years. The HID I Ran Was MH Until I Discovered A 20.00 Cmh Phillips Bulb At My Local Hardware Store.

You Have To Remember That My Lights Are 3 Year Old Gen 4 Ran On A Inventronics Driver<Which Was Very Expensive(Special Order) Cause MeanWell Didn't Make A 320-2100mA 3 Years Ago. I Actually Have 345 watts Per Bar At My Disposal But Thats Way Too Much Light For An Enclosed 5x5 Tent.

Here's My Deal Yea I Get It About The Spec Sheets However Spec Sheets Don't Grow Chit And Most All led Companies Stretch The Truth.Long Rant Short I'm Not A Fan Of Mid-Powered Leds (SMD). I Belive Those Numbers Are Taken 6 Inches Above The Canopy And Fall Off Rapidly.

My Question Is What Size Is Your Grow Space? :party1:

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

No need on the pics. I read into the prior posts of this thread and saw some good ones. Great work. Here's my first grow...Hodge podge but it produced a little. Kept them small. Didn't trim out there undergrowth enough and had no screen. Could have postponed the flush and kept em going but I got impatient. Haha. Needless to say, it was a great experience for my next run. Cheers. And welcome to Ohio.

PS I'm gonna use orange Mason line. Hope there's no patent infringement. Haha

IMG 20171219 231827283
The Dawg

The Dawg

Right On Here's My Growing Philosophy We 1st Learn To Grow And Then We Grow To Learn :smoking:

Lmao The Only Reason I Used Pink Was I Got it For .50 For A 100 Yd Roll At A Local Ace Hardware That Was Closing :party1:

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank You Brother OldSmokie And Welcome. I Was One Of The 1st To Use PVC As A Frame For A Scroggig And I Know I Was The 1st Using Pink Mason's Line For The Screen. I Will Take Some Pictures Later For Ya.:)

Brother I Was Describe As A Salmon Swimming Up Stream At A Early Age. Tell Me Not Or You Cant Do Something And I Will Prove You Wrong. I've Been Growing With Leds For At Least 10 Years. The HID I Ran Was MH Until I Discovered A 20.00 Cmh Phillips Bulb At My Local Hardware Store.

You Have To Remember That My Lights Are 3 Year Old Gen 4 Ran On A Inventronics Driver<Which Was Very Expensive(Special Order) Cause MeanWell Didn't Make A 320-2100mA 3 Years Ago. I Actually Have 345 watts Per Bar At My Disposal But Thats Way Too Much Light For An Enclosed 5x5 Tent.

Here's My Deal Yea I Get It About The Spec Sheets However Spec Sheets Don't Grow Chit And Most All led Companies Stretch The Truth.Long Rant Short I'm Not A Fan Of Mid-Powered Leds (SMD). I Belive Those Numbers Are Taken 6 Inches Above The Canopy And Fall Off Rapidly.

My Question Is What Size Is Your Grow Space? :party1:
It will be a 10 x 12 for flower

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've been popping beans and growing gifted clones for 25 years. It's been very educational. I'm always learning. This is technically one of many grows, but first one I really tried to pay attention to techniques and specific aspects of the grow. Love watching this plant develop.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Nice work sir

Curious about the extra 345 watts being to much light for a 5x5 from glancing thru your thread I'm thinking stretch is the answer. I'm a more the merrier kinda guy so can't see too much light ever being a issue besides heat .

Happy new year

Top Bottom