Did I Get The Wrong Kind Of Ro Filter

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I got a nice one off of Amazon that is a 5 stage with a 4 gallon tank. It works fantastically when the tank is full. The problem comes when the tank is empty. Without the tank being full it doesn't work. If I disconnect before the tank I can get water but at a trickle. It's going to take me two days just to get 30 gallons of water to flush before harvest.

Perhaps it would be better to just fill and flush with distilled and keep topped off with RO? But then what's the fucking use of spending all that money?

Any opinions or help would be appreciated, thanks!?!?

sixstring

sixstring

5 stage should put out 50 gallons per day min.but if you only have 20 or 30psi going to it it will make less water.they recommend 50 to 60 psi for best results on any ro system. My 200 gpd unit only puts out a trickle,but if you let that run into a large tank like a 55 gal drum you would be surprised how fast it fills up

Enforcer

Enforcer

I got a nice one off of Amazon that is a 5 stage with a 4 gallon tank. It works fantastically when the tank is full. The problem comes when the tank is empty. Without the tank being full it doesn't work. If I disconnect before the tank I can get water but at a trickle. It's going to take me two days just to get 30 gallons of water to flush before harvest.

Perhaps it would be better to just fill and flush with distilled and keep topped off with RO? But then what's the fucking use of spending all that money?

Any opinions or help would be appreciated, thanks!?!?
You need a bigger res. I have mine filling up a clean 32 gallon trash can with a float valve to stop the flow when it's full. A small submersible pump handles dispensing tasks.

Top Bottom