Discolored Leaves In Wk3 Of Flower

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plm

plm

Hey guys, my plants are in week 3 of flowering and some of the upper leaves are experiencing the following:
- burnt tips curled and twisted
- discoloration of leafs
- brown spots on leafs and edges

Is this a deficiency? Is so too me it looks like Magnesium def... is it nute burn? Or light burn? I can't seem to to able to identify this, need some help pls!

Discolored leaves in wk3 of flower
Discolored leaves in wk3 of flower 2
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Hey guys, my plants are in week 3 of flowering and some of the upper leaves are experiencing the following:
- discoloration of leafs

Is this a deficiency? Is so too me it looks like Magnesium def... is it nute burn? Or light burn? I can't seem to to able to identify this, need some help pls!
Can you take a pic of the whole plant?

413Grower

413Grower

- discoloration of leafs

Looks kinda like mine..i think Cal-Mag worked on mine pretty good.

20170825 084722
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

When you flipped them did you change to flower nutes straight away or carry on with some veg nutes for 2weeks?
- discoloration of leafs

pped

plm

plm

I will take a pic of whole plant when possible yes, but only 2 leaves have those problems on the plant, as I extended my research it might be a potassium K deficiency after all, according to this graph but not sure...

When I flipped them I used like grow nute 1-2 more waterings but that's not the issue, last 2 weeks i've been using bloom nute + molasses that's it!

Today on the watering I added some epsom salts....

Potassium  deficiency marijuana diagram
plm

plm

I think I figured it out... it's a P and K deficiency, gotta buy a PK booster or strengthen the dose of Bloom nute, cuz I was giving only half of what's recommended on bottle (scared of overfert) and that may be too low, as plants when they are flowering they need more P and K rather than N...

If anyone else has any other suggestion or other idea of what my problem may be, feel free to share your opinion on this matter, thank you in advance guys!

G gnome

G gnome

I think I figured it out... it's a P and K deficiency, gotta buy a PK booster or strengthen the dose of Bloom nute, cuz I was giving only half of what's recommended on bottle (scared of overfert) and that may be too low, as plants when they are flowering they need more P and K rather than N...

If anyone else has any other suggestion or other idea of what my problem may be, feel free to share your opinion on this matter, thank you in advance guys!

U hjt the nail on the head my friend. I wud slowly start upping the nutrients. Dont expect to see improvement in the already damaged growth tho....whats done is done. Next go round ull know what to do!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yep, definitely it's my first grow... hope this won't affect the yield and quality too much :D
Here's a big clue for you. I have the ever popular orange rust color growing on the fan and smaller leaves of my bigger plant before they dry up and die. Its not just blotches because they start out as orange spots. Next to it, sits a cutting from the very same plant that grows in the very same ffof soil (used, well-cleaned and rinsed using only tap water), the very same distance away from my LEDs and she is flawless! That just says it's not an atmospheric or light burn problem I guess.

I attribute it to pH flux and nute burn. One leads to another to cause nute lock- up as well as any calmag, p, and k deficiencies.

20170821 061051
20170821 061058
20170903 224310
20170903 224331
Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Ok, this just in: it turns out light burn clearly played it's roll here before I raised my LEDs. The leaf was tucked under another leaf.

20170903 235736
plm

plm

Week 5/5 of flowering health doesn't seem to improve but it doesn't get worse... it's in the same condition 2 weeks ago, although buds seem to be developing well and no sign of any damage, the production of trichomes is going normaly, buds are forming nice...

But I'm running out of options here, let's see what I tried to far:
- at start I thought it was a calmag def or PK - used bloom nute and PK booster and didn't correct the problem.
- plants too close to lights? don't think so, the ones next to the affected ones have nothing, and they are growing in the same room under same light at the same distance from it.
- judging by the texture of the leafs and structure, it looks like a nutrient burn, or nutrient lock out, one of these 2 I think.

Only the upper growth of the plant is experiencing this symptoms.

Anyone else have different opinion and ways to correct this? I'm running out of options here I don't know what to do next.

WP 20170906 08 50 51 Pro
WP 20170906 08 51 17 Pro
WP 20170906 08 53 51 Pro
WP 20170906 08 53 56 Pro
WP 20170906 08 54 03 Pro
WP 20170906 08 54 12 Pro
plm

plm

I don't know, I don't have the means to test it, and no hydro / gardening shops or shops at all in my area where I can get a ph tester...

The thing is only the upper, young leaves are experiencing these problems.

plm

plm

I have water exam on the water source from the provider here in my city, and I know for certain that the PH of water I use on plants it's between 6.5 - 6.8, im growing in soil.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

best of luck to u if u give your plant any nute the water is going to go up to down big time or if u let the water set out the ph with change

plm

plm

It should finish in 3 weeks, what should I do, add half the dosage of bloom nute + pk booster or just give plain water until finish?

plm

plm

As you can see, everything it's healthy except the upper growth...

Sd
Monster762

Monster762

I been having weird issues that are similar. Started looking like nute burn. Yellow tips everywhere. So I flushed. Plants smelled amazing then few days later(during dark cycle) I turn lights on regular time n see rust colored spots but only on the upper leaves. Only on my 2 smaller plants. The third gets exact same nutes light everything and is also flawless. I thought k def. because ratio was 1-10-1. So I bumped the k up and then the yellowing took over the uppers by bud sites. All little leaves yellow from tips inward. I flushed again. Now drying and smelling good. Not getting worse but it just don't add up. Nothing adds up. I used calmag n didn't help. Nothing helped. Just the flush. And all it did was stop it from getting worse. Ph runoff was in perfect range. Almost exactly what my nutes go in at 6.2-6.4 area. I'm nearing the end now too. 3-4 weeks til chop id guess. Hope you find out the issue. If you do post it so I can learn. I'm on first grow. A lot of learning going on here.

plm

plm

Maybe I'll flush them too, cause there isn't any option left to do, same as you did, tried PK boosters, bloom nutes, calmag, even used a trace mix containing micro elements and enzymes, nothing, it's either nutrient build-up and got locked into soil, or nute burn or i don't fkin know really... I'm at the edge here.

My plants are in 3 gallon pots , I know this sounds noobish, it's my first grow also, how do I flush properly?

Latest posts

Top Bottom