Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lovin your grow diaries man. Sorry to hit you with all the likes at once. I thought I had been through yours already.

I'm still a novice, so at this point I can only relay what I've been told on the subject of light dep and how it relates to my cousin's greenhouse. We have a full dark cover that goes over the whole house and we have light permeable rollup sides. I was told by one of the experienced partners that if we weren't careful to close the sides every day, there would be enough light to hermi the corners. Our tolerances are super tight. Even with the sides open under the blackout shade the corners are still darker than a waning moon. Maybe the sunshade just isn't enough for you to push the Bubbas.

If your ever looking for silver or any other PM of a decent amount, I used to have my own shop so I may be able to give you a lead on good premiums. Been retired/disabled about four years now but my info should still be good.

Great stuff, I'll be following your grows. Thank you.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Lovin your grow diaries man. Sorry to hit you with all the likes at once. I thought I had been through yours already.

I'm still a novice, so at this point I can only relay what I've been told on the subject of light dep and how it relates to my cousin's greenhouse. We have a full dark cover that goes over the whole house and we have light permeable rollup sides. I was told by one of the experienced partners that if we weren't careful to close the sides every day, there would be enough light to hermi the corners. Our tolerances are super tight. Even with the sides open under the blackout shade the corners are still darker than a waning moon. Maybe the sunshade just isn't enough for you to push the Bubbas.

If your ever looking for silver or any other PM of a decent amount, I used to have my own shop so I may be able to give you a lead on good premiums. Been retired/disabled about four years now but my info should still be good.

Thanks for taking the time bro. My name is Smith also. I do buy pm's from time to time so Ill keep that in mind. Again thanks!

Farmer P

Farmer P

The Bubba is doing well now. Looks :cool:and smells like its gonna be :fire::fire::fire:. That cover was sort of ill advised. Next summer I plan on growing a couple regular photos big, and Im gonna try to run some autos. No more cover.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks for taking the time bro. My name is Smith also. I do buy pm's from time to time so Ill keep that in mind. Again thanks!

My name isn't Smith. SmithsJunk is just an old handle I resurrected for this forum. I won't say my name because the PM world is pretty small and it could be easily associated.

You're absolutely welcome. If I can help a fellow bug, I will anytime.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers. Weekly update time. I was thinking to pull the Sour Urkle this coming Tuesday which is 8 weeks since flip, but I don't see any amber trichs and the hairs are still 95% white. If she doesn't finish soon, I guess I'll wait some more lol. I had to tie up some branches that were starting to bend over too much. The White blaze is swelling still and getting some really fat colas on her. Smells strong like cherry cool-aid. I must have gotten a cherry leaning pheno. The Bubba Kush is still purpling up. All the leaves around the colas are pure purple now. I think she will be ready for chop soon! And the little Sour Urkle clone is swelling up nicely. Some Pics.

Urkle
White Blaze
Bubba 2
Bubba Purp
Bubba Purp 2
Urlke Clone
Whole Shot
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sup Farmers. Weekly update time. I was thinking to pull the Sour Urkle this coming Tuesday which is 8 weeks since flip, but I don't see any amber trichs and the hairs are still 95% white. If she doesn't finish soon, I guess I'll wait some more lol. I had to tie up some branches that were starting to bend over too much. The White blaze is swelling still and getting some really fat colas on her. Smells strong like cherry cool-aid. I must have gotten a cherry leaning pheno. The Bubba Kush is still purpling up. All the leaves around the colas are pure purple now. I think she will be ready for chop soon! And the little Sour Urkle clone is swelling up nicely. Some Pics.

Your girls are beauts. You've done a great job. Hard to see the close-ups well with the sunlight.

My girls are at about the same stage and I'm holding for some weight. I figure when the hairs die back it triggers the seedless bracts to swell. If they had seeds they'd need longer to develope so I'm giving them 2-3 weeks before I flush down to straight water and Bud Candy. I won't be able to do the standard nutes so I'm going to assist will all the free carbs I can give them. If they are like most every other living thing they have some sort of mechanism to utilise them. At the least it does nothing at best they catalyze the sugars to develope and stack their own. Zero clouds and rust on the trichs. My neighbor cut early, stating the clubs/co-op's are only picking up the early bright greens. I can't bring myself to make premium doja into mid grade schwag.

In the end brother, it's your call. There appears to be no solid concensus as to what is a perfect cut. I'm looking for the perfect flower bract and am willing to sacrifice a percentage to amber to get them. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger at just under 7-8% to get weight and potency. Won't know till I get there.

I think this is by far the hardest part of growing.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Your girls are beauts. You've done a great job. Hard to see the close-ups well with the sunlight.

My girls are at about the same stage and I'm holding for some weight. I figure when the hairs die back it triggers the seedless bracts to swell. If they had seeds they'd need longer to develope so I'm giving them 2-3 weeks before I flush down to straight water and Bud Candy. I won't be able to do the standard nutes so I'm going to assist will all the free carbs I can give them. If they are like most every other living thing they have some sort of mechanism to utilise them. At the least it does nothing at best they catalyze the sugars to develope and stack their own. Zero clouds and rust on the trichs. My neighbor cut early, stating the clubs/co-op's are only picking up the early bright greens. I can't bring myself to make premium doja into mid grade schwag.

In the end brother, it's your call. There appears to be no solid concensus as to what is a perfect cut. I'm looking for the perfect flower bract and am willing to sacrifice a percentage to amber to get them. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger at just under 7-8% to get weight and potency. Won't know till I get there.

I agree for sure. I'm going to wait and see too. I like the way the colors are coming in. It is still getting smellier too. Yesterday I while scoping for amber trichs I noticed that the Urkle and the Blaze are starting to purple up too. I love the colors!!

Irietime

Irietime

I'd rather cut early than late

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'd rather cut early than late

To me it's like an apple, early is just as bad as late. It's a preference, if your happy with your weed then I'd call it a success.

Because I'm trading mine I feel a responsibilty to make the cuts in their peak few days. One of my neighbors tells me that traders are all about the early weed this year, so who knows. Lol

Irietime

Irietime

I'm curious as to your thoughts on that. Is it for the high, or for better bag appeal/quality?
I feel like the quality will last longer, especially if you can't get rid of it right away. My thought , and I could be blowing smoke, but as soon as you chop I feel like the buds start to degrade even more , so if you chop early they can degrade into the sweet spot instead of degrading way past its prime. Like I said this is just my opinion. Like @SmithsJunk said it's preference

Farmer P

Farmer P

I'd like to do an experiment and cut some buds today then later compare them to some harvested later. My drying box is being used for some cuts I took last night,but Ill try yo come up with something. Not easy because of the overwhelming smell . Ill have to put my thinking cap on. Maybe build a little drying box with carbon filter I already have.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I feel like the quality will last longer, especially if you can't get rid of it right away. My thought , and I could be blowing smoke, but as soon as you chop I feel like the buds start to degrade even more , so if you chop early they can degrade into the sweet spot instead of degrading way past its prime. Like I said this is just my opinion. Like @SmithsJunk said it's preference

I mentioned before that I lived in pear country when I was a kid. What I didn't mention is that all of us kids picked up work in late summer and fall in the packing sheds. Tri-Cal has a rep for really good produce. We had some of the best pears and apples in the world and you wouldn't see any of us eating the fruit being packed on the line. Almost all commercial fruit growers pick early and a lot of them flash freeze as well.

On the other side, if you're out in the orchard picking, you'll almost always see people eating fruit directly from the trees and from the ground as well. They'd take baskets of ripe fruit home to their families because the harvest companies had no interest in it. (We had the best pear lightening in existence. Super sweet even after fermentation and extremely potent.)

Here's the difference at the stages that are considered ripe, store vs tree. The store bought pear will be hard, grainy, and the juices have separated from the meat giving it a watery fibre sponge feel, and there's a slight bitter at the end of the sugar flavor. A fully tree ripened pear has a complex flavor with several different levels of sweetness from the point at which you take a bite till you swallow, the meat and juice are one in its perfectly smooth, buttery texture. It all disolves in your mouth at the same rate, leaving no fibre feel or bitterness. You can eat them with a spoon.

I absolutely agree with you that the shelf life is extended by picking early. Harvesting/packing companies the world over do it that way for a reason. But to me, if it is picked early, most of the reason for smoking it is gone. The the sun doesn't have the opportunity to work it's magic on the THC and sugars to give it that sweet complexity of tree ripened fruit. Growing up in the Sacramento Delta made me a foodie (that and having a Korean mom during my teen years. Korean BBQ is the sh*t. Ill post a Bulgolgi recipe on here some time.) I guess I'm probably just spoilt. If all someone has ever eaten is store bought pears maybe it's better they never know.

You can maintain the freshness and delay decomposition to keep marijuana fresh for over a year if dried and cured properly, then vacuum sealed with Boveda Packs. That's what I'm doing this year.

Maybe try it on some secondaries as a test on your next grow. That's the only way my co-op will accept herb more than a month after harvest and they are super picky weed snobs.

I do have to admit, you have a very valid argument and a good reason for harvesting early.

(Sorry, I didn't realise I wrote a book till after I posted)

(One of our chickens started sneezing while I was writing this. Sounded like a squeaky toy. I'm dyin!)

Farmer P

Farmer P

So today is the end of 8 weeks on the Sour Urkle and Bubba Kush. The trichs are aprox. 98% cloudy with a few ambers here and there on some leaves. I cut a couple branches, well really one good one and some lowers. I'm thinking I'll cut some at 8, 9, and maybe 10 and 11 to see if it gets bigger or better. I have a big ice chest and I made a cover with some 2 inch styrofoam insulation. I poked lots of holes in it to hang the buds through and put some Ice bottles to keep it cool. It was kind of hot today and it's supposed to get hotter by the end of the week. Hopefully it works out. I also put a 4 inch fan and Phresh filter to catch the smell coming out. I trimmed only the stuff that had no trichomes so when dry, everything else I trim will go into the hash pile. The biggest bud from the real branch got trimmed better and weighed in at 45.5 grams. (its the one next to the lighter) I also set my timer to 12/12 for the indoor grow. (Sour Urkle, White Blaze, Bubba Kush, and Bubba's Girl) Some Pics.

Big Bud
Whole harvest
Ice Bottles
Ice chest
Plants to flip
20170926 2043061
Farmer P

Farmer P

Choptober 1 Update:
I wanted to take Urkle and Bubba through 9 weeks which would have been next Tuesday but I knew I would need a whole day to trim so I cut them yesterday. I separated the stuff from last week and filled my new drying box with the all the new that I could fit. The top cola on the Urkle weighed in at 66.6 grams wet. :cool:Hopefully I'll get a long slow dry. Right now It's about 53 degrees and 60% humidity in the box. The White Blaze is still looking good and I'm thinking about two more weeks but I'll play it by ear. The little Sour Urkle clone moved itself into a 45 degree angle to try to get more light I assume. The Indoors are doing well also. Have a nice week! Some Pics:

White Blaze
Urkle Clone
Indoor
Urkle Top
Harvest 2
Harvest 3
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow, those stacked up real nice. Very dense. Right on man, thanks for posting the cut.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Wow, those stacked up real nice. Very dense. Right on man, thanks for posting the cut.
Tks. The branch I cut at 8 weeks (9-26) and all the larf went into jars last night. The medium nugs off the later harvest is getting close to jar stage, and the big buds probably have another week hanging at least.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Tks. The branch I cut at 8 weeks (9-26) and all the larf went into jars last night. The medium nugs off the later harvest is getting close to jar stage, and the big buds probably have another week hanging at least.

Good dry times. Are you using lock down or screw top jars? Do you paraffin seal on the long term ones? The only larger jars (64oz) I've seen are the Ball jars with that chinsy a$$ press on plastic seal (kinda defeats the point, right?)

I have a feeling I may struggle with mine drying out too quick. I've got everything but a way to cool down and raise humidity. I'm hoping that closing the dividers in my trailer and leaving the back windows more open at night will keep them cool when I'm running my little open flame propane heater up front. Have dried before, but it wasn't my weed and the owner wasn't picky, it was just a git r done without mold/milldew.

Your Urkle cracks me up. The little buster is like, "Don't chop me! I'm still growin, look!" ROFL

Top Bottom