Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Good dry times. Are you using lock down or screw top jars? Do you paraffin seal on the long term ones? The only larger jars (64oz) I've seen are the Ball jars with that chinsy a$$ press on plastic seal (kinda defeats the point, right?)

I have a feeling I may struggle with mine drying out too quick. I've got everything but a way to cool down and raise humidity. I'm hoping that closing the dividers in my trailer and leaving the back windows more open at night will keep them cool when I'm running my little open flame propane heater up front. Have dried before, but it wasn't my weed and the owner wasn't picky, it was just a git r done without mold/milldew.

Your Urkle cracks me up. The little buster is like, "Don't chop me! I'm still growin, look!" ROFL

I have a vacuum sealer attachment that sucks the air out of mason jars for long term storage. I've got a big ass mason jar and some big pickle jars for curing. I'm thinking of getting a couple 5 gallon buckets with the screw on lid to cure the big plants. My little Urkle clone doesn't have large buds, but it looks super frosty. The White Blaze has some massive colas. Luckily the caterpillars don't seem to like it as much as they like the Urkle. They started getting out of hand toward the end.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I have a vacuum sealer attachment that sucks the air out of mason jars for long term storage. I've got a big ass mason jar and some big pickle jars for curing. I'm thinking of getting a couple 5 gallon buckets with the screw on lid to cure the big plants. My little Urkle clone doesn't have large buds, but it looks super frosty. The White Blaze has some massive colas. Luckily the caterpillars don't seem to like it as much as they like the Urkle. They started getting out of hand toward the end.

It would be cool if you can find 5 gals with transparent lids so you can check a hygrometer without opening. That's one of my conundrums, trying to figure out what to cure in. Was looking at turkey bags but they are ridiculously expensive and I don't care about keeping down the smell. 5 gal screw top are a good idea. I'll look into that. Maybe I can hot glue a sensor probe through the top. Thanks.

The pillars got my cousin too. He's a couple weeks behind me on most if his girls in the same garden. I had no idea they wrecked buds so hard. I let him use up the rest of my Azamax and I think it chased all the mites over to my girls.

Here's a picture of silkworm damage on one of his girls. Azamax works well on them. All I see on his buds now are shriveled caterp bodies that tried to escape, hanging off his leaves.
20171003 132626

Farmer P

Farmer P

I didn't get too much damage, but there were quite a few. When I trimmed my bubba I found 3 nugs that were dried up. When i opened them there was a little hole going through the middle. My friend that lives close by got it way worse. I think my natural predators kept them in check somewhat.
When your curing you open the container quite a bit to burp anyway so opening quickly to check humidity shouldn't hurt.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I didn't get too much damage, but there were quite a few. When I trimmed my bubba I found 3 nugs that were dried up. When i opened them there was a little hole going through the middle. My friend that lives close by got it way worse. I think my natural predators kept them in check somewhat.
When your curing you open the container quite a bit to burp anyway so opening quickly to check humidity shouldn't hurt.

I'm getting all kinds of questions answered this morning. Righteous. I get too techie sometimes anyway. I'll drop a simple thermometer/hygrometer in ea. They're only $3.

Thanks.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Update time. Little late today, had to wait for the light to come on @3:00. The outdoor White Blaze and Sour Urkle (clone) are doing well and starting to fade to purple. Lots of purple leaves on both, but hard to get a good picture. The urkle clone seems much different than it's mom, a lot more frosty. The white blaze is a beast. Indoors the plants are all flowering already which is really good for me since I've never gotten buds before day 17 and today is day 11. Either it's because the plants are older and more mature or I'm doing something better. The back left plant is Bubba Kush (which I sampled today and it's really good chronic). The back right is White Blaze (first to start flower). The front left is Sour Urkle and the front right is the new genetics Bubbas Girl. When I started this outdoor season my goal was to find a keeper. I may have found three out of three. :cool: They all lean toward deep purple and all smell bomb. I still have to wait for the taste test on the white blaze and the urkle, but I think they are all great. Have a great week!

White Blaze
White blaze side bud
White blaze tops
Urkle clone
Indoor
Under skirt
Indoor closeup
Farmer P

Farmer P

Day late update. I chopped the last two outdoor (White Blaze and Sour Urkle clone) this weekend. The White Blaze had some massive colas. The top weighed in at 211.8 grams! The little clone had a pretty good top cola too and seems better than the mom for some reason. The indoor just got a major defol yesterday on day 18 from flip. Made some killer bubble hash yesterday. Some pics.

White Blaze
Urkle Clone
WB top
Dry Cabinet
Canopy
After defol
Hash
Irietime

Irietime

Yeah that’s what I’ve been wanting to do as well. I was supposed to take 12 clones off my current girls to be vegging right now, but I’m taking a long trip in January so I wouldn’t be able to take care of them. I was hoping for more girls this round to, wanted to fill the room, but that’ll have to wait. Ended up with 6 of eleven seeds being female. Anyway, your outdoor looks like a total success:smoking::) tak’er easy!

Krypto

Krypto

Looks like what your doing is working very well don't get me wrong I think it looks great! Keep up the good work bud! Can't wait to see what it turns out like!
Hey Cave Man,
How's the Querkle bra? If you only had room for 6 mothers, would it be a keeper?

Krypto

Krypto

So GG4 #1 is at day 48, the other 3 gg's are on day 39, and the power plants are on day 27. I plan on doing a 1 week flush starting next friday so 2 weeks until first plant harvest. ;) I also just pulled the trigger on a 315 cmh light for the new box. Hopefully it arrives quickly. I will probably still use the led's for veg., or maybe even some supplemental lighting.
What LEDs ya got there? GREAT WORK! btw.
A contractor? maybe?
I'm taking a stab at Grow Room set-up and Consulting... goin' sliw in thw "light green" states LOL

Farmer P

Farmer P

What LEDs ya got there? GREAT WORK! btw.
A contractor? maybe?
I'm taking a stab at Grow Room set-up and Consulting... goin' sliw in thw "light green" states LOL
Those are just some cheap led's. I got one 300 viparspectra and one maxisun. So far they've been a good investment. I paid around 80 dollars each from amazon. I love the 315cmh though. The white light is much nicer to look at. I'm not a contractor, just sort of handy. I took a lot of shop classes.

Krypto

Krypto

Those are just some cheap led's. I got one 300 viparspectra and one maxisun. So far they've been a good investment. I paid around 80 dollars each from amazon. I love the 315cmh though. The white light is much nicer to look at. I'm not a contractor, just sort of handy. I took a lot of shop classes.
Right on P. I was thiiiis close to getting lights very similar, also Amazon. But I went two 1000 HPS.
Did you flower wuth the LEDs before the cmh? And how does the CMH compare to HPS?

Farmer P

Farmer P

Right on P. I was thiiiis close to getting lights very similar, also Amazon. But I went two 1000 HPS.
Did you flower wuth the LEDs before the cmh? And how does the CMH compare to HPS?
I didn't do a very scientific experiment because I Didn't run the same strain all the way through on both types of lights. My guess is the 315 would do much better. The led's only pull 130ish each from the wall so the comparison isnt exactly fair. If you need to keep heat down the led's will get you some nugs.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I ended up doing the mason jar gig. I didn't know 2 zips fit in a 1qt mason jar until after I bought them. Was only going to use them for temporary storage until I got a vacuum sealer setup but they work so well and hold so much I decided to use them for long term. Especially when I found out how cheaply I could buy the vacuum gear for them. I also dropped an 8gr 58% Boveta pack in ea. Everything meshed together perfectly. Even the 8gr Boveta pack is rated for 2oz. I'm just waiting for the handheld Food Saver attachement hose to get here and they will be vacuumed for a nice long cure. There should be very little activity with the Boveta once they are vacuumed. They are there only as a precaution agains a broken seal.

*Neither the hand-held Food Saver or the wide mouth mason jar attachment come with the hose. It has to be bought separately. The mason jar attachment shows a hose on the box but no got it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Day late update. I chopped the last two outdoor (White Blaze and Sour Urkle clone) this weekend. The White Blaze had some massive colas. The top weighed in at 211.8 grams! The little clone had a pretty good top cola too and seems better than the mom for some reason. The indoor just got a major defol yesterday on day 18 from flip. Made some killer bubble hash yesterday. Some pics.

That is a big a$$ cola. Pretty sure you got me beat, brah.
20171018 092333

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

IDK that is a pretty big one too.:opps:
My jar attachment came with a hose. I think its just some thick aquarium air tubing.

I bought the wrong hose! ROFL. One end was correct but didnt have the nipple that fit the Food Saver hanheld. The right one is in it's way.

Farmer P

Farmer P

So I've been slacking a little on the pics. It's harder now that my lights don't come on until 3pm. These pics are a few days old but better than nothing. I just added the net the other day to see what it would look like (not to scrogg). The girls are doing well and really starting to stink. Week 6 starts on wednesday so I'm hoping for a lot of swell. The plants are bubba's girl, bubba, white blaze, and sour urkle. I made my first dry ice hash this weekend and it came out bomb! :fire::fire: Some pics.

Bubba closeup
Bubbas girl closeup
Canopy
Whole cabinet
Hash 2
Hash
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So I've been slacking a little on the pics. It's harder now that my lights don't come on until 3pm. These pics are a few days old but better than nothing. I just added the net the other day to see what it would look like (not to scrogg). The girls are doing well and really starting to stink. Week 6 starts on wednesday so I'm hoping for a lot of swell. The plants are bubba's girl, bubba, white blaze, and sour urkle. I made my first dry ice hash this weekend and it came out bomb! :fire::fire: Some pics.

Man, that is a lot of kief. I've gotten about a quarter of that so far but I do still have to sift another 3-4lbs.

Beautiful girls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom