Diy Co2 Generators

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run a bottled co2 system for my flower room and my veg room next to it gets some residual co2 as well. It works great. I had one of those 2liter pop bottles co2 kits I got for free and it worked pretty good as well. We'll it's been about 30 days and it's used up. So I went online to make my own.

I have 2x milk jugs, thoroughly cleaned.

Filled about 1/2 way with warm water, 2 cups sugar, 1 packet of activated yeast in each milk jug, shaken very well. Lid was drilled with 10 holes for venting.

I'm not getting any fermentation going on in the milk jugs, no foam, no bubbles. It is lights out, not sure if that's an issue. It does smell, I'm guessing how it should.

I'm not putting too much faith in these diy co2 generators, but I'm bored and figured it couldn't hurt. My clone room is kinda sealed, and I'm not worried about wasting co2, if it's even making any.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Well, the 2liter bottled co2 worked....Unless some residual co2 from the flower room veg room exhaust made its way into the clone room. It's only 6.00 out of pocket to do 2 milk jugs of mix.

Well see. I'll try and get a ppm reading later tonight and post results

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gonna check the ppm meter tomorrow. It's reading 1100 or so. I know that's far off. I was doing work in the clone room, probably why it's high. Jugs are still foamy. Might wrap my seed tray heater with a blanket, then put both jugs on it to keep warm. It's 77* ambient down here.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This am reading was 844. I don't think I'll be able to get an accurate reading from the milk jugs. Some left over co2 has to be getting into the clone room, or these milk just are gonna replace my bottle system. Lol

I'll recheck back about 5pm and see what's the reading then.

The jugs are still foaming and bubbling, so just know it's working.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Seems like some leaking co2 is fudging the nubers. It's reading 1055ppm. I won't be able to get an accurate reading from the diy co2 milk jugs unfortunately. Their still foaming up nicely, so somethings happening.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Seems like some leaking co2 is fudging the nubers. It's reading 1055ppm. I won't be able to get an accurate reading from the diy co2 milk jugs unfortunately. Their still foaming up nicely, so somethings happening.
Keep posting. Good thread DT

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So I bought one of those xl exhale co2 bags today to toss in the clone room. I'll try and get a reading later tonight. I should be able to get a good reading and post up.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

So u gave up on homemade co2? Any other threads? I know that was a couple years back

Homesteader

Homesteader

Soil respiration can produce a large amount of CO2. Soil microbes are comprised of C, N, P, S in a ratio of about 108:8:1:1 and if you can get your soil mix right in this regard, these microbes give off a lot of CO2 as they use up oxygen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom