• Start date
  • Tagged users None
mickeycc

mickeycc

2 week old auto growing in coco tips of leaves seem to be curling down

2 week oldjpg
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

take a picture under normal lighting the led doesnt show the colours from the pic it looks to be a little heavy on the nitrogen could be the claw.

mickeycc

mickeycc

Will grab another pic when get home think its nute burn as just started feeding it canna a n b and give it strength it said on bottles instead of a lower dose. I flushed this morning with ph water at 6.5 and 1ml of cal mag. When would i start feeding again.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

what ppms are you feeding at and never ever flush with just water man always flush with a weak solution of nutes and urban ph is high try for 5.8 that's best but can float from 5.6 to 6.3tops

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

With coco it's better to have a lower ppm and more frequent feedings get her root bound and feed her multiple times when she can handle it

mickeycc

mickeycc

On bottles of canna says 40 ml per 10 litre of water also guy from hydro shop told me this. I mixed in 2 litre jug so i put 8ml of a and b, on website conversion chart says should have only been 23 ml per 10 litre. So i feed with nearly twice the amount i should have for 3 days till noticed the problem.

m8ty

m8ty

Probably too much light and the leaf is trying to bend down and away from the led hot spot. Try raising that led like 4 feet above the plant and see if you notice the leaf's start to reach for the light instead of shunting from it.

BTW when you have to much light you notice the plant starts to show a Mag issue with red stems on the leaf that progresses with time and gets worst.

Also you will notice the internodes' are very close together and the plant miniaturizes.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

im not sure if its necessairly to much light if that was the case i think the serrated edges would be standing up and the leaves would taco. also the top of the plant might get crispy the reason your plant is clawing i think is from nitrogen toxicity they look pretty dark. i wouldnt advise following the directions keep in mind they want you to use more than you need so you have to buy more. if anything use half what they recommend and if they show any signs of deficiency you can always bump it up but you cant take it away if you feed to much. always better to err on the side of caution and feed less rather more you can always give more cant take yknow.im almost positive its nitrogen toxicity lookin at how dark the leaves are, the tips look slightly burnt and the obvious claw. try feeding at a lower ppm

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

thats one thing i dont like about autos your on their time not your own so if you have a deficiency or toxicity its gonna slow growth abit whereas with normal or fem seeds if you run into a problem you cann always just run your veg a little longer but no dice with autos

Enforcer

Enforcer

yes feeding daily ec of 1.3 canna a+b and calmag 1 ml per litre ph to 5.8, and foliar spray every 5 days with with low nute feed and nitrozyme
Good on the daily watering and the ph is spot on. However, my opinion is you’re over feeding a little. Not enough for nute burn yet, but definitely too much N. My recommendation would be to lower your base nute (canna) to an EC of 1.0 and eliminate the calmag, she doesn’t need it. Too much N will inhibit flowering, and effect yield. Just back off the nutes a hair and you should be fine.

C

Cannibal Joe

2 week old auto growing in coco tips of leaves seem to be curling down
Could be nitrogen toxicity,or over watering.Ph problems also cause the tips of leaflets to curl.A quick way to tell if it is nitrogen toxed , look at plant in natural light if leaves are dark , more than likely it is nitrogen toxicity. I'd tell you how to fix it but you didn't ask that.

dan1989

dan1989

Looking good, agreed they are a little over fed, but not too badly in my opinion, it will take a while for those surplus nutes to get used up, you should see the fan leaves lighten up as you decrease your dosage and find the sweet spot. Nice to get it dialled in before flowering kicks in. Feed small but regular rather than dumping heavy doses on it every few days. I like to use 0.9 ec as my baseline and work up or down from there, but that's just me.

Top Bottom