Down The Hole Of Cheap Amazon Panels...what To Do?

• Thread starter Cheeseburg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheeseburg

Hi all,
So here I am, after jumping excitedly into the world of growing. I have 2 -600w phlizon ‘full spectrum’ lights set up in a 2x4x5 tent. It’s funny, since I set up everything I have been feverishly researching and I am reading a lot of people saying these lights are insufficient for a good flowering. What should I do? I have what would seem like a lot of light for a 2x4 I think, but now I’m worried it won’t be right. Should I upgrade to cob or quantum boards? I don’t want to have wasted my money...but I also want to do this right.

Down the hole of cheap amazon panelswhat to do
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
They'll work. Sure they might not be the top of the line, but they'll do the job. I've seen some fairly impressive grows with burples. Don't let the negativity get you down.

Sure cobs are great and i'm sure if you got em you wouldn't look back but if money is tight go ahead and use what you got.

If you can return them then sure grab the cobs or quantums, but if not then just roll with what ya got.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hi all,
So here I am, after jumping excitedly into the world of growing. I have 2 -600w phlizon ‘full spectrum’ lights set up in a 2x4x5 tent. It’s funny, since I set up everything I have been feverishly researching and I am reading a lot of people saying these lights are insufficient for a good flowering. What should I do? I have what would seem like a lot of light for a 2x4 I think, but now I’m worried it won’t be right. Should I upgrade to cob or quantum boards? I don’t want to have wasted my money...but I also want to do this right.
It may not give you great yields but i pulled 3.5 oz Nl from one plant and close to 2 oz dinachem from another. If had gone bigger, i mean more plants and didn’t stunt them while vegging, the yields would be much better (i even broke one of the two main branches of dinachem clean off and grafted back to itself :D) It was a 320w light (true draw).
So, as @JWM2 suggested, if you have the option to return and the money to invest in qbs or cobs you can do that but these can get the job done for you for couple of grows. After a few grows you probably will want to upgrade your tent too, then you can buy a tent and a nice qb setup to cover it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Don't know much about burples but I love my Cree CXB3590s. It cost me about $450 for 300w between two units. Just now I found a bare bones dimmable 300w CXB3590 (3500k) for $300, 200w for $250. One of these units will easily cover a 2x4 tent from bean to bud efficiently and without that annoying burple color.

Just my preference and not a whole lot more $$$ than yours. Happy growing.

61VDjBw8YdL SL1000

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Don't know much about burples but I love my Cree CXB3590s. It cost me about $450 for 300w between two units. Just now I found a bare bones dimmable 300w CXB3590 (3500k) for $300, 200w for $250. One of these units will easily cover a 2x4 tent from bean to bud efficiently and without that annoying burple color.

Just my preference and not a whole lot more $$$ than yours. Happy growing.

View attachment 831946
Just out of curiosity..will that one fan cool the light effectively?
I would probably angle a 6" fan to blow more air on it..If I tried one..

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Just out of curiosity..will that one fan cool the light effectively?
I would probably angle a 6" fan to blow more air on it..If I tried one..
Yeah i am planing on building a light too and the answer to this question would be helpful to me.
I will either use 11pcbs or 8 pcbs and 3 cobs accordingly.
The heatsinks i will use are almost the same as these ones but they will be 100cm long and 3 cobs will be mounted on 1 and 4 pcbs each on the other two.
I am currently using a 25x18x3,5 cm heatsink for one cob (60w) and no fans. But these heatsinks are 100x11x2, so they are narrower with shorter fins.
Do you guys think a 100cm long, 11cm wide and 2cm tall heatsink can accomodate 3 cobs (2x40w and 1x60w) without any fans?

Top Bottom