Dream Chasing In The Overgrown Garden

• Thread starter ethcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ethcan

ethcan

Hey all.

I posted in the introductions section here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-farmer-joining-the-farm.101070/#post-2204565

^^ Click to see some of the stuff I've grown in the past.

Wanted to start sharing with you all.

Pictured here is one of the rooms. Currently filled with 80% IceCreamCake #2 (Wedding Cake x Gelato #33, Seedjunky Genetics) hunted from seed. This is the keeper pheno I found.

12 per light, 3 gallon coco pots with floraflex drip shields. 6000w of DE HPS, high temperature, high humidity, high CO2. Following VPD as closely as possible. Running Jacks Hydroponic for feed. Sealed room with mini splits, humidifiers, dehumidifiers.

These photos are post foliar spray, hence the wetness.

Here she is. ICC2.
Dream chasing in the overgrown garden 4

Current Canopy Shot. A bit disappointed with how it's going thus far, but will start hitting them with cytokinin and pulling shading leaves.
Dream chasing in the overgrown garden 5

How this plant looks in late flower.
Dream chasing in the overgrown garden

And, finished bud shots.
Dream chasing in the overgrown garden 2

Also in the room.

MAC1, caps cut. Got a few testers running.

Dream chasing in the overgrown garden 3

Sticking as close to VPD as possible.

Dream chasing in the overgrown garden 6

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

No I haven't had a chance to run it yet I went with Sundae Driver, but like I said you won't be disappointed with the final product. Top Shelf for real...

ethcan

ethcan

No I haven't had a chance to run it yet I went with Sundae Driver, but like I said you won't be disappointed with the final product. Top Shelf for real...

How did the Sundae Driver do for you? It put down weight. And was top shelf. Had a bit of a meaty smell to it as well, which I found interesting. Like, roast beef meat lol. Along with sweet berry, cream type notes.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Nice it's only a couple weeks in first time running it. Do like that it throws down. Just cycling out of Dosi and Zookoies rooms.

ethcan

ethcan

Some updates. Here we are in the Cement Shoes room. Day 12 roughly.

They are stretching hard!

Cut straight from Cult Classic Seeds.
Lineage is '09 Animal Cookies x [OGKB x Wet Dream]
(wet dream is blue dream x williams wonder)

IMG 20181124 220353
IMG 20181124 220418
IMG 20181124 225654
MVIMG 20181124 220407 LI
MVIMG 20181124 220428 LI

3 balls

3 balls

Current Canopy Shot. A bit disappointed with how it's going thus far, but will start hitting them with cytokinin and pulling shading leaves.
I like it but I don't think Kareem Abdul Jabbar could reach your fan leaves.

Monster762

Monster762

Some updates. Here we are in the Cement Shoes room. Day 12 roughly.

They are stretching hard!

Cut straight from Cult Classic Seeds.
Lineage is '09 Animal Cookies x [OGKB x Wet Dream]
(wet dream is blue dream x williams wonder)

View attachment 843024 View attachment 843026 View attachment 843027 View attachment 843028 View attachment 843029
I’m trying first scrog
Do or did you let all the tops clear the net before flip? I’m holding and holding cause I want it all set up like this but you say you flipped 2 weeks ago? So we’re they about level maybe with some taller already reached through? I know stupid question but I have no idea how they’ll reach in the net compared to freestyle. Tops are all level with it I used net to train too. with a few 4-5 inches higher now and only about 25 inches to Leds I’d post pic but I blown your thread up enough

ethcan

ethcan

I’m trying first scrog
Do or did you let all the tops clear the net before flip? I’m holding and holding cause I want it all set up like this but you say you flipped 2 weeks ago? So we’re they about level maybe with some taller already reached through? I know stupid question but I have no idea how they’ll reach in the net compared to freestyle. Tops are all level with it I used net to train too. with a few 4-5 inches higher now and only about 25 inches to Leds I’d post pic but I blown your thread up enough

I throw a net on them then flip em. And have 2 more nets to catch them.... usually. Got caught slipping this run. Gonna have to "apply" a net on and pull some through and then throw a third up just in case.

Ideally have 2-3 nets already set up in anticipation of stretch.

ethcan

ethcan

So I was experimenting with ethephon (Florel) this time around as a way to increase branching, root growth, reduce apical dominance, reduce internodal stretch, reduce stretch overall, and faster flowering initiation.

Used 30ml/Gal, sprayed pretty heavy to runoff, at lights out. Dehum turned off for first 3 hours of lights off to allow the ethephon to soak on as stated in the instructions. (Instructions state specifically to not spray to runoff, something which I did not read before spraying)

A few things noted from this experiment.

It definitely caused stress. The plants immediately started to droop, with yellow leaves (literally the next "morning"). Nutrient deficiencies (micro's) appeared immediately, and are only just being resolved. EC started coming out MUCH higher than going in, suggesting that the plants were having major uptake issues.

Stretch has been reduced immensely, but I'm not sure if this was an inhibition of stretch or just a period of 7 days or so where they were so stressed that they weren't growing much if at all.

Vertical growth from the first 12 days of flower has been so weak that I am now immediately doing anything I can do increase stretch. Trying to hit them with as much cytokinin as possible, as well as creating a steeper temp differential between day and night.

Branching doesn't seem anything crazy, and a few cement shoes plants which are in the room don't look anything as they do in the cement shoes room which hasn't received any ethephon.

Really unhappy with the outcome here. May experiment with ethephon again in the future, albeit at a much lower dose.

Canopy is very unfilled as a result of that initial stress.

Pictures of unhealthy growth. (Wet from rhizotonic foliar)
Has anyone seen anything like those sick, starving deformed leaves? Is that just an ethephon side effect?
IMG 20181124 111741

MVIMG 20181124 111731

IMG 20181124 111805

What new healthy growth is looking like now. So much different.
IMG 20181124 111746

Monster762

Monster762

I throw a net on them then flip em. And have 2 more nets to catch them.... usually. Got caught slipping this run. Gonna have to "apply" a net on and pull some through and then throw a third up just in case.

Ideally have 2-3 nets already set up in anticipation of stretch.
Ok I got extra nets thinking I might need 2 nets Thanks so I’m pretty sure I can flip then.

ethcan

ethcan

Really happy to say the IceCreamCake plants have turned around and getting them back. They are thriving and growing hard again. Unfortunate to have that bad stress for the first half of early flower. I missed out on a lot of canopy filling, so unfortunately yield will hurt.

However, the cytokinin thing worked fantastic. Hitting them hard with it in feed as well as foliar has really helped develop the backbone for a decent yield. Damage control here at this point. The cytokinin is making them stack nodes hard and they are growing an inch or two a day. They have 8 days left to stretch so still hitting them hard.

ICC2:
IMG 20181126 113027

IMG 20181126 113046 LI

IMG 20181126 113057 LI 2

Cement shoes is getting too tall. They are getting close to 36" from the DE's. Just threw a second net up. Hope they are done soon... The canopy is incredible though. Definitely doing 3.5" nets for the first net layer, and 6" for the next two from now on. The canopy is so dense with big thick stalks! It helps that this strain is SUPER bushy too. Topped once as a clone and it just grew into a multi legged animal.

MVIMG 20181124 220428 LI

Also just a heads up. Currently fighting an ant problem that sprang up, likely because of the weather changing. They came in in full force. I have pretty much killed off the colony at this point, using Optigard and Advance. A sugar and protein food bait is needed to completely end the colony.

Just be aware that Advance is a granular powder, and contains Abamectin (Avid). Not smart to put this stuff out in your windy grow room and have it blow all over your plants. Likely not a large enough dose to get anyone sick, but could cause the flower to fail testing. Around the outside perimeter inside of cups works will. You can use Optigard inside the grow room however, as it is a very thick gel which isn't going anywhere.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Anytime I get an ant infestation I always check for root aphids. Just thrithro it out there

ethcan

ethcan

Anytime I get an ant infestation I always check for root aphids. Just thrithro it out there

Yep, I have been checking, although it's not possible any more because they are in two layers of nets.

I'm starting OG Biowar Root Pack and Foliar Pack in the rez today though!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Y’all got it going on in here!! Love seeing the different strains being kept alive!
Cheers all

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’m in on this one. Looks like you’ll have your hands full soon enough!

Top Bottom