Drooping Curling Leaves Starting Week 4 Bloom

• Thread starter esmiley13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

esmiley13

I'm growing in a soil mix of fox farms ocean forest and some coir from a friends last grow, with some of my compost. Last week I gave it some compost tea, and I just watered and fed her 2 days ago. I use a 0-10-10 kool bloom from general hydroponics full strength at this point. I went with no nitrogen because for a while in veg I thought my plants may have been exhibiting signs of nitrogen toxicity, and now I'm thinking this one needs more nitrogen perhaps? Also, some of the leaf tips seem yellow so I'm worried nutrient burn...It's my first grow so I'm trying to let things take their course but I feel like I keep overthinking things and making it worse...I know the soil pH might be a little high I'm going to test the runoff and then maybe amend with some aluminum sulfate...Please Help
Drooping curling leaves starting week 4 bloom
Drooping curling leaves starting week 4 bloom 2
Drooping curling leaves starting week 4 bloom 3
Drooping curling leaves starting week 4 bloom 4
Drooping curling leaves starting week 4 bloom 5

E

esmiley13

Aluminum sulfate?

Dont water so much

Not to be stupid but I don't like to assume you're saying that overwatering might be a problem here? I water usually once a week because they're indoors here in the garage and its rather cool so they stay heavy and moist for a longer time...
Yes, aluminum sulfate, as I may have alkaline soil so to return it to a more neutral/acidic soil level of 6-7 it is a safe way to do it from what I've read.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Not to be stupid but I don't like to assume you're saying that overwatering might be a problem here? I water usually once a week because they're indoors here in the garage and its rather cool so they stay heavy and moist for a longer time...
Yes, aluminum sulfate, as I may have alkaline soil so to return it to a more neutral/acidic soil level of 6-7 it is a safe way to do it from what I've read.
You water on your schedule?..... thats like someone feeding you when they feel like it. Wet/dry cycles...not when you feel like it...6.8 is what you want...dont add whatever youre thinking about to the soil....ph your water or nutes to 6.8 and pour
Let the pot get light when you lift it..dont just add water on a clock.

E

esmiley13

I generally wait for the lower fan leaves to begin to droop then check the weight and water the next time the light goes off or on depending on when i notice it...but sometimes the pot is heavy but the lower fan leaves or even higher are starting their i need water droop

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I generally wait for the lower fan leaves to begin to droop then check the weight and water the next time the light goes off or on depending on when i notice it...but sometimes the pot is heavy but the lower fan leaves or even higher are starting their i need water droop
How cold is it getting for a low? You might need to heat the place up and get some faster transpiration going... you dont need to amend ffof

E

esmiley13

It is in a 6' x 7' enclosed by panda paper...lows are probably right around 50ish give or take a few degrees at night when the lights are off. During the day I've got the lights on, I open it up with a fan circulating air, it probably is getting into the mid 60's during the day. I had 8 plants, 7 lemon cookies, and the 1 blueberry jack (the one we are discussing). 1 of the lemon cookies i took down because it was just taking up space and being droopy and sad.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It is in a 6' x 7' enclosed by panda paper...lows are probably right around 50ish give or take a few degrees at night when the lights are off. During the day I've got the lights on, I open it up with a fan circulating air, it probably is getting into the mid 60's during the day. I had 8 plants, 7 lemon cookies, and the 1 blueberry jack (the one we are discussing). 1 of the lemon cookies i took down because it was just taking up space and being droopy and sad.View attachment 771263 View attachment 771264
Good...get them all off cement...got a chunk of carpet?

60s should be your lows....75-80 your high. Theyre probably cold...which slows down waters and transpiration. .then effects nutrients from lock... a host of problems.

E

esmiley13

Good...get them all off cement...got a chunk of carpet?

60s should be your lows....75-80 your high. Theyre probably cold...which slows down waters and transpiration. .then effects nutrients from lock... a host of problems.
Ok I will maybe vent it during the day instead of keeping it wide open to help keep day time temps higher and retain the heat at night...I wasn't doing it on purpose per se but i had read that when temps get below 50 consistenly in bloom the odds of getting purple buds increases so I figured that it was doable, but now with the complications i'm running into it seems like a better decision to keep it warmer. i have 4 of them purpling like this guy. Its also that certain ones of these lemon cookies i'm growing are clones of those that have previously produced purple buds.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok I will maybe vent it during the day instead of keeping it wide open to help keep day time temps higher and retain the heat at night...I wasn't doing it on purpose per se but i had read that when temps get below 50 consistenly in bloom the odds of getting purple buds increases so I figured that it was doable, but now with the complications i'm running into it seems like a better decision to keep it warmer. i have 4 of them purpling like this guy. Its also that certain ones of these lemon cookies i'm growing are clones of those that have previously produced purple buds.View attachment 771265
Thats good and all but thats after the buds have filled... when a plant is cold all through flower you bring out anthocyanins yes... but you also lose a lot off your yield. Think nature... the temperature drops gradually through the year... its not just immediately cold as hell in fall.

E

esmiley13

Thats good and all but thats after the buds have filled... when a plant is cold all through flower you bring out anthocyanins yes... but you also lose a lot off your yield. Think nature... the temperature drops gradually through the year... its not just immediately cold as hell in fall.

Thank you so much for your assistance. That does make a lot of sense and I kind of figured most of these things, but its nice to be told that my instincts are right and that perhaps I should pay a little more attention to them. So I will increase the temps in there and update this at a later date.

Top Bottom