Dry Room / Trim Room Help Please

• Thread starter Cheef Ghost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Okay so again , what do you do to keep your humidity up in your room , if you’re humidity falls within about 5 days of hanging the plants ? What’s your process ? Thanks
Personally I inspect hanging plants twice a day until I’m satisfied there at what I consider the “sweet spot”.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you are doing it right.....

60 degrees. Start off with 45% humidity, and slowly raise it over the period of 7-14 days to 60%. Once a nice even dry has occurred, take the humidity down to 45% to get rid of any remaining moisture. Good luck.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Well the question as to which is accurate. Depending on the quality and placement on the hygrometer vs dehumidifier, hygrometer reads in small doses in relatively small area.
Dehumidifier reads via air it flows or pulls in, higher volume so I usually trust the dehumidifier more.
Also start at 45% day one and increase by 5% everyday after till you get to 60%.
Why, the wetter the buds the longer moister lingers and higher the realive humidity is. Hence why the start should be higher to avoid the mold issues

Last edited:
C

Cheef Ghost

Well the question as to which is accurate. Depending on the quality and placement on the hygrometer vs dehumidifier, hygrometer reads in small doses in relatively small area.
Dehumidifier reads via air it flows or pulls in, higher volume so I usually trust the dehumidifier more.
Also start at 45% day one and increase by 5% everyday after till you get to 60%.
Why, the wetter the buds the longer moister lingers and higher the realive humidity is. Hence why the start should be higher to avoid the mold issues
So my question is how do you raise the humidity in the room ? Do you add a humidifier ? Kinda scares me if so ... because of thoughts of mold

London bud

London bud

So my question is how do you raise the humidity in the room ? Do you add a humidifier ? Kinda scares me if so ... because of thoughts of mold
Maybe leaving a bucket of water in there or a couple of buckets will raise humidity slightly. You dunno if u don't try.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea add a humidifier, the steam type, they are small, depending on demand u can size up. Z but the risks of fungal issues are less or zero when steam is used. For humidity

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
My dry room has:

AC
Heat
humidifier
dehumidifier
two small fans under the drying buds, not directly. (average dry room is about 15' x 30')
clean smooth surfaces that are easy to clean

C

Cheef Ghost

Well I believe from now on I’m going to try for 60 degrees and start off at 45% humidity on day one then move the humidity up 5% everyday until I reach 60% , as Jack OG suggested ! Reason is because I did get some damn mold again on some buds not all thank goodness! But my temp was 60 degrees and 60% humidity the whole time ... I got a lot more mold my last crop , I thought it was because I didn’t remove any large fan leaves and had temp at 60 humidity at 60% and didn’t have enough air flow ? So this time I removed fans and did 60/60 and used two fans and still got a little mold ?? I’m learning the hard way !

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Mildew is environmental, and nutritional. Low K, and Cu will lead to mildew. Bump that kelp more in flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom