Drying Room Temperature

• Thread starter Dr kabuki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

here in nor cal, we are going thru a mini heat wave. so it is drying the outside of the bud real fast but inside is still a little moist. so the drying room gets to be about 90 degrees.
Before I take down completely I would like some input for the best way to handle this.
if pics are needed I can post. thank you.
ps.take down is at the end of week 1 in October

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yah 90 is way to hot going to need fans or something to bring it down what is your RH in that room
u going to need tons of air flow and if that hot id just cut the plant at the bottom and hang hole plant so it has more water in it to slowly dry out

dan1989

dan1989

Will using a dehumidifier to maintain that 50 rh make them dry out too fast? Drying in the tent with the dehumi that is...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I purposely use a more slow dry tek. I start at 65% for 24hrs, then 60% for 24hrs, then 55% for 24hrs, then 50% for 24hrs. By this time it's been a 4 or 5 day time frame until I put them.in my curing jars and.burp.20-40 mins daily until rh is stabilized at 55% max (50 min). Any lower than 50%, and your asking for.dried out buds.

CIRE408

CIRE408

IMG 2090
here in nor cal, we are going thru a mini heat wave. so it is drying the outside of the bud real fast but inside is still a little moist. so the drying room gets to be about 90 degrees.
Before I take down completely I would like some input for the best way to handle this.
if pics are needed I can post. thank you.
ps.take down is at the end of week 1 in October
I'm out here in NorCal also. Unfortunately the garage is the only place I can dry at. It's pretty damn hot in there. Just got done drying some. Same issue you had dry outside moist inside. After I put them in jars it seemed to help the dryness on the outside a little. Still smokeable and potent though. It might turn to dust bud later but I don't care it's all personal!!!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I'm sitting at 75 degrees 60% rh. Getting a 10 day dry before they need to be trimmed put in jars for another week of burping. Then when rh is stable 65ish per cent they go for 2 weeks straight without any burping. Long process but even bad crops at least come out smooth..
20170929 092004

That's my black Domina first to go down. 3 more under plastic.

B

Burned Haze

Best temp (drying) is 75f and 60% humidity with airflow moving but not hitting buds ( I use my quest 155 and my lung room circulation with a quest 105 for drying )

Cureing starts after drying stems are right before the stem breaks completely off ( some people make it cram completely and they are pverdrying their stuff! , burp it)

Burp ( leave the jar open/gamma bucket) the jars with starting at 2hrs and go down to 1.5 hrs after 5 days or so then 1 hour and so on. Once I get to 12-15 days I start check my meds with a digital humidity probe unless I suspect it being to high and just check it to get the meds at 62% humidity . If it’s to higher than that . You need to burp more , simple as that but slower is better ( just like a cigar )

Than I always add a boveda 62% in my 5 gal

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

View attachment 745706
I'm out here in NorCal also. Unfortunately the garage is the only place I can dry at. It's pretty damn hot in there. Just got done drying some. Same issue you had dry outside moist inside. After I put them in jars it seemed to help the dryness on the outside a little. Still smokeable and potent though. It might turn to dust bud later but I don't care it's all personal!!!
hi CIRE408 ,I am in the 510 Castro Valley. I have been messing around on the hight. so I have been drying the first testers low to the ground.. with the late heat waves and my garage also getting to be 90 degrees .no idea is too crazy ...
yah 90 is way to hot going to need fans or something to bring it down what is your RH in that room
u going to need tons of air flow and if that hot id just cut the plant at the bottom and hang hole plant so it has more water in it to slowly dry out
hey, tinder good to hear from you. getting so close to the end.And you help me through the whole grow. I have way more than I need. pm me please id like to share.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

hi CIRE408 ,I am in the 510 Castro Valley. I have been messing around on the hight. so I have been drying the first testers low to the ground.. with the late heat waves and my garage also getting to be 90 degrees .no idea is too crazy ...

hey, tinder good to hear from you. getting so close to the end.And you help me through the whole grow. I have way more than I need. pm me please id like to share.
ooooo im way to much of a pussy to have any thing shipped to me but ty

The Humanure

The Humanure

73f 45 RH if you can. however we hit 99/99 in the garage no mold.
In the upstairs we started to find fuzz growing we think came from outside.

Leafy like blue dream can bring in lots of water.

I was also worried but the dehumidifiers brought it down over night.

You can dry to fast but bucket it up and it gets moist over night.

One tip put the buckets upside down so the water sinks to tbe top lid you can check with out flipping. burping daily.

99f sucks but wont dry to fast.

We move buds from garage racks to the curing room.
In buckets or walmart totes.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Wow I go super cold. I'm 65-68 degrees 65% humidity the first 2 days the dehumidifier off and pull when I'm 55% humidity, then into totes.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Hkw do totes work? Iv only used buckets.
You dump the racked half dry nuggets into totes? Lid on
and rotate? Like 8 lbs? Buckets are 2.5 lbs dry.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Love 27 gallon totes. If things are still to wet I put 3 paper bags standing up and fill each bag half full, however I usually just go into totes.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Id love to see a tote writeup. I usually go from twister to dry rack to buckets to mylar and nitrogen bag's.
Ill burp for 2 weeks in buckets to insure zero mold.

Top Bottom