Eagle 20 Info Please!!!

• Thread starter mari.juana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mari.juana

I am searching for some in depth information on the pesticide Eagle 20. I have heard some good things about it, but I have also heard it stays in the plants system for a long time and can even be carried from mothers to clones, so on and so forth. Basically I'm looking for some real factual literature. Websites, books what have you. So if anybody has any links or anything I can take a look at please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Myclobutanil

Myclobutanil
updated by Maria Mergel (Mar 23, 2011)
TXP-2
800px-Table_grapes_on_white.jpg

Overview
Myclobutanil is a conazole class fungicide. It is used heavily to control fungi affecting wine and table grapes, especially in California. It also has a number of other food crop and commercial or residential landscaping applications. Although it has a low acute toxicity, myclobutanil has been found to affect the reproductive abilities of test animals.

(Photo by Fir0002/Flagstaffotos, from Wikimedia.)

Chemical Description
Myclobutanil is a white crystal solid. It is mobile in soil, and has a solubility in water of 142 mg/L (#EPA).

Myclobutanil is commercially available as granular dust, dry flowable, and ready-to-use formulations (#EPA).

Uses
Myclobutanil is registered for use on a wide range of food and feed crops. It may also be used in greenhouses, public rights of way, turf, and in landscaping applications. Cotton seeds may be treated with myclobutanil (#EPA).

California accounts for roughly 50% of all myclobutanil use in the US, using 70,000 to 90,000 lbs. annually. Grapes are the most heavily treated crop, using 60% of all myclobutanil in California. Almonds and strawberries are also account for a notable percentage of myclobutanil use in California (#EPA).

Human Health Effects
Myclobutanil has a relatively low acute toxicity. The acute oral LD50 for mice is 1360 mg/kg, and ranges from 1.75 to 1.8 g/kg for rats. Myclobutanil metabolizes into 1,2,4-triazole, which has a lower acute toxicity than the parent compound (#EPA).

Workers exposed to myclobutanil have reported symptoms such as skin rash, allergic dermatitis, itchiness, nausea, heachache, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, nosebleed, and eye irritation (CDPR).

In a two-generation study on rats over the effects of myclobutanil on reproduction, researchers found a decrease in pup weight gain, increased incidence of stillborns, and atrophy of the testes and prostate (#EPA). Myclobutanil is listed as a developmental toxin in the Toxics Release Inventory (#PANNA).

Chronic toxicity tests on rats found decreased body weight and changes to brain and spleen weight, in addition to reproductive effects (#EPA).

Environmental Health Effects
Myclobutanil inhibits the sterol 14-demethylase enzyme, which produces ergosterol, an organic compound vital to fungal cell wall formation (#EPA).

Myclobutanil is nontoxic to bees, which have an LD50 exceeding 362 ug/bee. It is moderately toxic to birds. The acute oral LD50 for bobwhite quail is 498 mg/kg. The primary metabolite, 1,2,4-triazole, is expected to be less toxic than myclobutanil (#EPA).

Myclobutanil is environmentally mobile. It has been found in surface water and in rain, suggesting a potential for atmospheric transport. Due to its persistence, myclobutanil may accumulate in soil with multiple applications (#EPA).

Regulation
Myclobutanil is a General Use Pesticide.

Precautionary Notes
Myclobutanil can become airborne as a dust. In high concentrations, it can become an explosive mixture in the air. Burning myclobutanil may release toxic fumes (#MSDS).

Integrated Pest Management
Integrated pest management (IPM) is an approach to pest management that can significantly reduce pesticide use. Widely used in agriculture, landscape maintenance, and structural pest control, it emphasizes prevention and monitoring of pest problems and considers pesticide applications only when nonchemical controls are ineffective or impractical. To learn more about IPM, see Toxipedia's sister site IPMopedia, which includes information on control of fungal diseases.

I think the key here is in the precautionary notes towards the end

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

The main question the I have is how long does the pesticide stay in the plant.

depends on about 173 exact factors.

indoors for cannabis it ranges from 60-100 days depending on the amount of light you give the plant and the amount it's grown since application. Treating in or near flower you will have toxic levels in your bud, there is no appropriate time to apply eagle to plants unless it's a new quarantine. I only use eagle on small cuttings when I first get them, and I'll grow those plants out for two months before taking cuts and using those cuts in my garden.

Using eagle on existing mold populations indoors is just going to allow the fungus to adapt to the pesticide; just like black mold once pm is infecting a space the only solution is to renovate.

M

mari.juana

depends on about 173 exact factors.

indoors for cannabis it ranges from 60-100 days depending on the amount of light you give the plant and the amount it's grown since application. Treating in or near flower you will have toxic levels in your bud, there is no appropriate time to apply eagle to plants unless it's a new quarantine. I only use eagle on small cuttings when I first get them, and I'll grow those plants out for two months before taking cuts and using those cuts in my garden.

Using eagle on existing mold populations indoors is just going to allow the fungus to adapt to the pesticide; just like black mold once pm is infecting a space the only solution is to renovate.

Thank you so much. Do you have any links to any websites or anything like that, that I can read?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

60-100 is myth my friend.

I spray at day 1 of Flower and have ZERO residual when tested, by multiple sources.

Btw, it's a fungicide, not a pesticide.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am searching for some in depth information on the pesticide Eagle 20. I have heard some good things about it, but I have also heard it stays in the plants system for a long time and can even be carried from mothers to clones, so on and so forth. Basically I'm looking for some real factual literature. Websites, books what have you. So if anybody has any links or anything I can take a look at please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
The factual information is on the label. Have you examined the labels? It is systemic, and it is known to cause resistance. Which is documented on the labeling.

Have you tried Google?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You've had actual test done? I need to use this,my area in Michigan is PLAGUED with this shit
Yes, a couple groups that I keep stocked with product always test before sending it out to patients.

I've had tests done too, it doesn't start to show until you test for parts per billion. The CDA tests in parts per trillion. Most states have zero-tolerance limits meaning of it shows up you're in trouble, regardless of the concentration.
That's interesting; what are it's effects on a consumer when testing positive at parts per billion/trillion?

Latest posts

Top Bottom