Earthy Flavor Profile

• Thread starter RCfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RCfarmer

RCfarmer

Frequently I read about strains having and earthy flavor. I have no idea what that means. I know what soil smells like but I can't think of a time I ever smoked weed and thought it tasted like soil. Please describe what earthy flavor tastes like.

banditxiv

banditxiv

Smoke some of kush.thats the flavor there talking about.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Frequently I read about strains having and earthy flavor. I have no idea what that means. I know what soil smells like but I can't think of a time I ever smoked weed and thought it tasted like soil. Please describe what earthy flavor tastes like.

Capture 2018 03 04 10 00 59
RCfarmer

RCfarmer

I was wondering if pine and earth go hand in hand? If that's the case I can get an idea what the earth/forest flavor is. If that's the case then I see pine as the focus of the flavor where earth gives the body or depth to the pine flavor. Am I right?

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

Like how patchouli smells like forest/evergreen/resin and dirt at the same.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I was wondering if pine and earth go hand in hand? If that's the case I can get an idea what the earth/forest flavor is. If that's the case then I see pine as the focus of the flavor where earth gives the body or depth to the pine flavor. Am I right?
I think earthy is more dirt smell... Pine is like a clean tree sap smell

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

i grew a headband seed out i found in a bag and it was like shoveling soil into your mouth. I couldnt stand it. My friend loved it. lol. Litterally like putting ground soil in mouth. yuck....Its one of most hated flavors along with some spice and pencil led taste . #2 ,lol. yuck. Taste poisenous.

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

I think earthy is more dirt smell... Pine is like a clean tree sap smell

I agree but what I was trying to ask is if the pine taste is always present with the earth taste. I've smoked plenty of weed that had a piney flavor to it.

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

i grew a headband seed out i found in a bag and it was like shoveling soil into your mouth. I couldnt stand it. My friend loved it. lol. Litterally like putting ground soil in mouth. yuck....Its one of most hated flavors along with some spice and pencil led taste . #2 ,lol. yuck. Taste poisenous.

I can't imagine.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I had no idea what "earthy" referred to for decades, until I got my mmj card. Or "tennis balls", and now I smell that one every time i walk into a dispensary.

Apparently earthy is somewhere between rotted moldy peanut shells, black moldy leaves, chlorophyll and stagnant water, because that's whats being sold as earthy in dispensaries.

The whole smell of weed thing has got me fuckt up on a spiritual level. Local bud will smell like plastic and the bud tenders will call it gas. Shit is a asthma inducer. I guess people actually think they are growing 'gas'
because their chemical bud has that fumey plastic smell of unflushed synthetics, or whatever the fuck it is making all their bud smell like fake Jordans.

Anyways, the only "dirt" smelling weed I've ever grown smelled exactly like the medium it was grown in because it was harvested during daylight and was a strain that soaked up lots of medium flavors when pulling nutes. It even turned the color of my medium. Thats why I will never harvest during daylight again.

Always heard Kushes taste like dirt. No idea. Anything I'd consider a kush tastes like hash to me? If your kush tastes like dirt, it tastes like the medium you grew it in and you need to up your skills or cure your green bud and see what it actually smells/tastes like once all the soil bacteria n stuff finish their job.

Once you start vaping its really easy to tell what flavors are from the weed and which are from the grow. The soil flavors are always actual soil contamination or uncured organic bud full of soil bacteria that hasn't finished its job yet. Vine ripened, night harvested, cured bud will never taste like dirt I guarantee that. Half the flavors people associate with bud aren't from the plant!

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You lost me at "night harvested

Plants don' give a shit what time you chop.

Top Bottom