Eating A Decarbed Bud

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hackerman

Hackerman

I want to make tincture, next. What method will you use?

AFAIK, it is just mix the weed with Everclear. Shake it. Heat it under ??? 140F I think. And, when you get it to a reduction that will fit in a hypo, suck it up.

Probably more detail than that but that's the basic method I have read about.

Again, instead of drops, because of my tolerance issues, I need ounces. So, I am drunk before I'm stoned. LOL

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

AFAIK, it is just mix the weed with Everclear. Shake it. Heat it under ??? 140F I think. And, when you get it to a reduction that will fit in a hypo, suck it up.

Again, instead of drops, because of my tolerance issues, I need ounces. So, I am drunk before I'm stoned. LOL
I use abv. Which is already decarbed. Mix it with alcohol put it into freezer for a day up to a week (i put it and forget about it thats why i keep it that long). Strain with a cheese cloth. Put it in ajar. Keep the jar open with a single layer cheese cloth draped over it to keep the dust away. Reduce it to half. It makes a good tincture. Anyway thats my way of doing it.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Going to use my magical butter machine. 1oz decarbed bud and a fifth of 190 everclear. Set the machine and four hours later,tincture. If you want oil just reduce.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I have an MBM. I never had much luck with it. Maybe I'll try it again.
So far I'm loving it and cleanup is simple too.Don't forget they have a ton of recipes besides the base recipes on the website. I plan on using a few.
Btw,a quarter of a brownie put me to sleep last night an hour after I ate it.

the rrock

the rrock

The only issue I have with my MBM is the strength of the product it produces,if you have low tolerance be careful. I have pretty much wore out my MBM after 4-5 years of heavy use.There is no comparison to store bought edibles,not even close, I put gradeAAA bud in it that has usually been stored to long in jars(over a year) this thing has saved me thousands of dollars if I were going to purchase edible over counter

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the forums where people make things up and reading is subjective lpl
Yep we are living in times of altered reality where lies aint lies and the truth aint the truth anymore!!!!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If it took you that long to get off, it is possible that the pot was not decarb'd enough. I have found delayed onset to be caused by 'under-decarb'd" bud.

Not sure what kind of decarb tool you're using but it sounds like you should go longer.

Also, Sunflower Lecithin is AMAZING for increasing bioavailability and fast onset. It is an absolute MUST for canna edibles.
yes it facilitates the blood brain barrier. great additive to edibles. My ole lady uses it in all her treats!!!!

Ina

Ina

I remember once(it was long time ago) when I tried milk boiled with marijuana(people call it Managua)and it was just awful!Dark green and really nasty taste!I though I was going to die like in that stupid story where a boy and girl eats too much and get to the hospital.I remember I was thinking that"wow,i will be that girl for real,that girl I was laughing about":)I was almost going to call 911...I mean 112:) Never eat any kind of edibles after that:)But I had few nice experiences also,so I would try once again if I know the right amount of buds and the right recipe:)And the edible should be delicious with nice flavor:)

DismalDude

DismalDude

I remember once(it was long time ago) when I tried milk boiled with marijuana(people call it Managua)and it was just awful!Dark green and really nasty taste!I though I was going to die like in that stupid story where a boy and girl eats too much and get to the hospital.I remember I was thinking that"wow,i will be that girl for real,that girl I was laughing about":)I was almost going to call 911...I mean 112:) Never eat any kind of edibles after that:)But I had few nice experiences also,so I would try once again if I know the right amount of buds and the right recipe:)And the edible should be delicious with nice flavor:)
The brownies I just made were off the chain good.1/4 brownie to feel nice,1/2 brownie to really feel nice.I would say 1/2 brownie as highest dose before a sleep coma. :) I know what you mean by too much! The more I'm getting to know the dosage,the more I'm liking it. Gummies next!
36 grams decarbed bud,3.5 grams decarbed kief,2 egg yolks,and 1.5 lb Irish grass fed butter clarified which gives you 2 cups perfect. Best butter recipe I've had yet.The eggs were for the lecithin I didn't have. 1 yolk is =to 1 tbsp lecithin.

20180928 204153
20180929 095946

Reactions: Ina
DismalDude

DismalDude

The brownies I just made were off the chain good.1/4 brownie to feel nice,1/2 brownie to really feel nice.I would say 1/2 brownie as highest dose before a sleep coma. :) I know what you mean by too much! The more I'm getting to know the dosage,the more I'm liking it. Gummies next!
36 grams decarbed bud,3.5 grams decarbed kief,2 egg yolks,and 1.5 lb Irish grass fed butter clarified which gives you 2 cups perfect. Best butter recipe I've had yet.The eggs were for the lecithin I didn't have. 1 yolk is =to 1 tbsp lecithin.

View attachment 833510 View attachment 833511
Almost forgot. 1/2C canna butter into the brownie recipe.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Aiming for Pluto? Lol sounds delicious though :)
Lol,I've tried some edibles from a west coast dispensary,cookies and hard candies. I felt they were mediocre but did help pain some.
I want to make sure my edibles are as potent as can be first and then test for dosage. I'm hoping my gummies will be of top shelf quality and potency. :)

F

FutureGrower

Lol,I've tried some edibles from a west coast dispensary,cookies and hard candies. I felt they were mediocre but did help pain some.
I want to make sure my edibles are as potent as can be first and then test for dosage. I'm hoping my gummies will be of top shelf quality and potency. :)

Here in oregon getting a med card means your primary care has to give you it. So the highest mg edibles I can buy are 50mg lol. Probably need 4 or 5 to get high . One gives you a tiny body buzz you have to search for haha

But I make my own cannabutter with coconut oil so I eat those in pill caps sometimes

DismalDude

DismalDude

Here in oregon getting a med card means your primary care has to give you it. So the highest mg edibles I can buy are 50mg lol. Probably need 4 or 5 to get high . One gives you a tiny body buzz you have to search for haha

But I make my own cannabutter with coconut oil so I eat those in pill caps sometimes
I've considered the capsules too.As long as the herb is decarbed you can grind and put right into the capsules for a really nice dosage. I have a friend/patient with Lupus,arthritis,bone degeneration and borderline COPD. I used to help her with an herbal vaporizer that worked really well for her.It was a GPro I believe and it worked well until now where she just can't seem to handle the vape any more. She wants to try the capsules so I'm going to give it a shot with just the decarbed herb and I can regulate the dosage easily. We'll see where it goes.

F

FutureGrower

I've considered the capsules too.As long as the herb is decarbed you can grind and put right into the capsules for a really nice dosage. I have a friend/patient with Lupus,arthritis,bone degeneration and borderline COPD. I used to help her with an herbal vaporizer that worked really well for her.It was a GPro I believe and it worked well until now where she just can't seem to handle the vape any more. She wants to try the capsules so I'm going to give it a shot with just the decarbed herb and I can regulate the dosage easily. We'll see where it goes.

Man I never even thought about that! I'm gonna do a batch of it and try it out too, hopefully this weekend. I wonder what the bioavailability difference is though?

I use my cocobutter for tropicals for sure muscles also though, but I like the idea of better dosing consistency too

DismalDude

DismalDude

Man I never even thought about that! I'm gonna do a batch of it and try it out too, hopefully this weekend. I wonder what the bioavailability difference is though?

I use my cocobutter for tropicals for sure muscles also though, but I like the idea of better dosing consistency too
100% bioavailability after decarb supposedly. I came across a video where a woman was making the capsules,though I wouldn't use that shitty leaf that she was using.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Many moons ago I knew an older gentleman who was a medical cannabis user and he made capsules. He pretty much just described the bud in his oven ground the herb down to small bits, not a powder and would create capsules. They worked quite well.

F

FutureGrower

100% bioavailability after decarb supposedly. I came across a video where a woman was making the capsules,though I wouldn't use that shitty leaf that she was using.

Awesome man I'll decarb some bud this weekend and give it a try!

Latest posts

Top Bottom