Everclear Grain Alcohol

• Thread starter t0maten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t0maten

Hi!
Dont realy know if this is the right forum and if the rules allow this..
I live in Europe and its hard to find 96% alcohol here.
I have checked with customs and its legal to import everclear to my country. The Only problem is that nobody ships to EU. So my question is if any friendly soul want to help me get some. Payment by PayPal
Bye!

str8smokn

str8smokn

You can get it , it’s just called something else, like ethanol I think.

STR8

Reactions: Ina
dextr0

dextr0

Why not use 99% isopropyl alchohol. You should be purging anyway so any residuals will be minor if any. It pulls faster. Less time needed when running it.

Hard to believe you cannot find grain alcohols.

Also what’s wrong with butane?

dextr0

dextr0

Safety first. It’s not hard to do things right and avoid accidents. I’ve been making oil a long time now and have had 2 accidents. Both my fault.

One was with Alcohol. One with butane. Both involved an open flame near by.

My fault. But both can be used safely and they are.

What was in his hand that started the fire?

Last edited:
dextr0

dextr0

How do u purge?

I actually don’t like either if not properly purged.

I also feel winterization is important. And of course cryo temps can help a lot too.

dextr0

dextr0

But long story short I use a lot of everclear because it’s available and I like to use the empty bottles for agar work.
So if need be sure I’m sure we could work something out shoot me a pm.

dextr0

dextr0

Yep. Inside both times. Remember I said alcohol and butane not just one or other.

Stay away from open flame. I’ve done thousands of extractions. If your safe it’s safe. Fuck around and play like it’s a game and face the consequences. I know what I did in both instances and knew I shouldn’t be doing it.

That said I’ve also seen thousands of people run butane safely and efficiently.

T

t0maten

Why not use 99% isopropyl alchohol. You should be purging anyway so any residuals will be minor if any. It pulls faster. Less time needed when running it.

Hard to believe you cannot find grain alcohols.

Also what’s wrong with butane?

I dont want and poison and other chemicals in my vape.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I dont want and poison and other chemicals in my vape.

So you can’t get medical grade ethanol from pharmacies (the ones we have here are not denatured) or food grade alcohol (96% ethanol) for preparing various foods and drinks from supermarkets or suppliers? Thats strange..

Shipping alcohol is a bitch. Go distill your own grain alcohol if thats the case. There are very basic rigs you can use and it would save you a lot of money in the long run.

T

t0maten

So you can’t get medical grade ethanol from pharmacies (the ones we have here are not denatured) or food grade alcohol (96% ethanol) for preparing various foods and drinks from supermarkets or suppliers? Thats strange..

Shipping alcohol is a bitch. Go distill your own grain alcohol if thats the case. There are very basic rigs you can use and it would save you a lot of money in the long run.
Yes i can buy from the parmacy if a doctor preskribes it. But they need a medical reason to do it. Its extremly illegal to make anything over 18% in my country.

H

harvestman4

Hey guys, not too hijack the post but I have a question on this.
I can get 95% organic grain extraction ethyl(ethanol) as far as I can tell is the same as everclear, what do you think?

Everclear is 18.99 gbp per 200ml here so its not a factor but 75 gbp for 5 litres and it's non GM food grade and made from organic wheat the same as everclear.
Or do I use food grade 99%isopropanol?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

Getting 96% pure alcohol would be pretty difficult, with most setups getting to about 70% without getting too fancy. Alcohol is notorious for holding onto water. 190 proof is about the best you can get...the alcohol sucks up water from the air as soon as it is exposed to it. Denatured alcohol works, but not everyone is a fan of methyl alcohol. If it is going to be evaporated off, just about any alcohol content over 70% would work well...even a bottle of cheap vodka will work for extraction, it just takes a little longer.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Getting 96% pure alcohol would be pretty difficult, with most setups getting to about 70% without getting too fancy. Alcohol is notorious for holding onto water. 190 proof is about the best you can get...the alcohol sucks up water from the air as soon as it is exposed to it. Denatured alcohol works, but not everyone is a fan of methyl alcohol. If it is going to be evaporated off, just about any alcohol content over 70% would work well...even a bottle of cheap vodka will work for extraction, it just takes a little longer.

Yeah with a homemade rig 96% is nearly impossible unless you have professional distilery equipment (and even then no guarantees) but you can get fairly good alcohol percentages. Vodka is usually 45% so i wouldn’t even try that. Too much water and it’d be a bitch to evaporate without heat. Methyl is a no for me also. Its just dangerous shit and i don’t want to inhale even a little bit. Denatured alcohol is not methyl alcohol as far as i know. Denaturation is more about making shit undrinkable and boil of the remaining water with additives. Anyway, ethyl alcohol is pretty accessible why bother with dangerous highly toxic stuff. Thats my angle.

Top Bottom