Exotic Genetics Predator Pink 1.0 grow journal

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I just wanted to take a moment and say hats off to Ex and the crew for what appears to be a killer strain with the Predator Pink lineup.

I was gifted a pack of these beans from my son Rod when he was visiting us in Phx from Seattle. He knew how much we missed the PNW and hooked me up.

The grow is hydro using an ebb n flo setup. Nutes are the Canna line. Lights are 2-1000w MH for veg and HPS for bloom.

The res is 55 gallons and is insulated, along with a chiller to keeps nutes at a steady 65 deg. Down here in AZ it is tough to keep res temps within parameters as the summers here are brutal.

The pics were taken at week 3 of veg and I must say WOW, very impressive for only 3 weeks of veg. They are looking very robust and if I cant find some keepers I will be surprised. The pics will show the 3 plants closest to the viewer are some run of the mill Wild Thai beans I am testing for someone else. Everything else are the PP grow. I am going to have to upgrade my odor control as I can already smell these ladies at week 3 of veg.

I will be switching to bloom at week 4 and will post more pics as the gurls start to strut their stuff.

Again I want to say thanks to the Ex Gen crew for great genetics and to Ex for being a friend to my son Rod when he was living in the Seattle area. He said to say hey to you all.

Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 2
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 3
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 4
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 5
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 6
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 7
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 8
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 9
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 10
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 11
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 12
Exotic genetics predator pink 10 grow journal 13
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well not as quickly as I had promised and my apologies to any that may have been waiting on a pic update,so hear it is. The gangling gals right in the front are Sativa dominant Thai. The rest of the shots in the background and the closer shots are of the PP

I can see my camera skills with HPS lighting leaves a bit to be desired. please excuse my talents or lack there of. Ladies are being fed the Canna line of nutes running about 1000 ppm +- of the Aqua line for hydro. I have at week 3 stopped all Co2 enrichment other that whats getting pulled in from outside air. I was previously feeding thru veg and early bloom approx 1200 ppm of gas. I have read that using Co2 later in bloom can lead to fluffier or less compact flowers. If anyone can pipe in to let me know that this has not been your experience please and show me a link where I can research it I will glad resume with enrichment.

This PP line is off the frigging hook. Having never worked these beans before I am not sure how many factors are coming into play here) hydro,nutes, or Co2, temps, humidity) of course its all a factor as well as superior genetics:) but suffice it to say these gurls are going nuts. Keep in mind this is only 3 weeks after 12/12 flip.

I am very impressed with these ladies. Again, hats off to ExGen, Cadillac and the gang. I will keep more pics coming as they begin to fattenup.Theyare sticky as #### and I cannot wait to get some cured and in the bong.

DSCN4303
DSCN4304
DSCN4305
DSCN4306
DSCN4306
DSCN4307
DSCN4308
DSCN4309
DSCN4310
DSCN4311
DSCN4312
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Can anyone comment on what I said in my earlier post concerning C02 enrichment. I have been told to stop feeding C02 around mid flower as too long with the gas will cause the buds to be fluffier rather than dense and compact.

Genetics typically determine a plants bud structure so I am looking to confirm this is true with the gas. What has been your experience?

Any comments?

ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
I think it's totally strain dependent friend... and judging by your pictures you look like you aren't having a bad time :) I've never had that problem with CO2 myself so I can't confirm nor deny.

In another note...

Your garden is looking mighty nice. I'm really glad to see you got those beans popped after all :) My apologies for the absence over the last few months... I've had life to handle and am slowly making my way back. Hope all is well with you and your son :)

Good vibes~~~

~Ex

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ex thanks for the kind words. No worries I saw your post about pullin back for a breather. The ladies are coming up on day 56 at the end of the week. Will get some more pics up under halides for better resolution prior to chop. You my friend are a gifted man and so is your crew. These gurls are looking lucsious!!!

Didnt find the fabled pink pheno but not to worry I am sure these ladies are straight fire. Swirly goodness. :) Should you have anything coming down the pike for testing let me know and I will hop right on it. Next run was hoping to see some more from the PNW but if thats not possible I wanted to try some of Mandala's gear Got me some Beyond the Brain that looks and sounds nice. Let me know if you need any help with a new run.

Peace

B

Burned Haze

Good luck & love the detail and pictures :)

Keep em comming

neverbreak

neverbreak

love the look of this strain. very much lookin forward to seein yer results with this one. ex has done an outstandin job creatin such a beauty of a strain.

best of luck with it bro.

neverbreak

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well folks it has been exciting waiting for this strain to mature. Gurls get the axe tomorrow. Went a little longer than 55 days to get the right amount of cloudy amber mix I was looking for.

I must say I really need to get a different camera and hone my skills. I swapped out my HPS for MH for the purpose of these pics. HPS really sux for rendering a nice pic.

These ladies smell incredible!!! Enjoy. I know I will. Already cheated and snuck a taster and WOW is all I can say. New they would be fire. Cant imagine what they will be like for a 30 day cure.DSCN4402DSCN4391DSCN4392DSCN4393DSCN4394DSCN4395DSCN4396DSCN4397DSCN4399DSCN4400DSCN4401

ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
Excellent job Cactusman!!! Looking like your gonna have quite a little stash going on ;)

slumdog80

slumdog80

I am even more pissed about tsd now! They look great Cactus...

slumdog80

slumdog80

tsd = the seed depot, I should have grabbed them from here. tsd allowed for money orders though.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the clarification Slumdog. Much love for all my bruthas and sistas in the PNW. Sure miss living up there.

ExGen and crew are straight up servin pure fire!!!

Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well chop started today on the PP line. Here are a couple of shots of what I will refer to as pheno # 1 short stocky bush

Not much stretch during 12/12 flip or flower. She was fimmed with multiple tops. Short stocky robust gal with beautiful flowers. I will post more individual shots over the next few days as the harvest is going to take some time.

DSCN4405
DSCN4403
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey all, heres an update on my PP grow. This lady I will call pheno # 2 pheno 1 was posted earlier in the stream. This lady had to be tamed. Pheno 1 was a short stocky bush. This gal pheno 2 was getting out of control so I had to tie her main top down as was running out of room. Got love the swirly goodness. Props to Ex and the crew for a beautiful strain.

I will update later in week when I chop pheno # 3

Hope you enjoy the shots. Peace

DSCN4416
DSCN4407
DSCN4408
DSCN4409
DSCN4410
DSCN4411
DSCN4412
DSCN4413
DSCN4414
DSCN4415
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey all, heres an update on my PP grow. This lady I will call pheno # 2 pheno 1 was posted earlier in the stream. This lady had to be tamed. Pheno 1 was a short stocky bush. This gal pheno 2 was getting out of control so I had to tie her main top down as was running out of room. Got love the swirly goodness. Props to Ex and the crew for a beautiful strain.

I will update later in week when I chop pheno # 3

Hope you enjoy the shots. Peace

Here'
DSCN4418
DSCN4419
DSCN4420
s a couple more

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Just an update as the harvest goes on with the PP gene pool. I work full time so my harvest is 1 plant a day. I am updating with new pics as it evolves.

I have posted some more eye candy. Hopefully I will get my new camera this weekend so I can sport shots like some of you pro's on the forum here :)

DSCN4427

DSCN4429
DSCN4422
DSCN4423
DSCN4424
DSCN4425
DSCN4426
DSCN4428
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry forgot to say the shots above were from lady/pheno # 3

She was a real rogue of a gal. Gave her all I had and she wanted more. LOL.

And guys no thats what she said cracks :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom