Extended Plant Count Doctor Rule Change - Dora

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

This will affect you if you have an extended plant count, they are requiring much more involvement of your recommending doctor for higher plant counts, and this involvement will force MMJ docs to stop writing scripts, and medical will be pushed to retail where there is more control, more money, more jobs, and less transparency.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/Medical_News

Legislative Implementation - SB15-014 / Medical Marijuana Policy Stakeholder Meeting
The Colorado Medical Board will hold a stakeholder meeting on Tuesday, September 22, 2015, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Department of Regulatory Agencies, 1560 Broadway, Room 1900, Denver, CO 80202. The meeting will also be webcast. Register to participate in the meeting at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6293629115773497601.

The purpose of the meeting is to receive stakeholder feedback regarding the draft policy Regarding Recommendations for Marijuana as a Therapeutic Option (draft policy). The Board greatly appreciates the wide stakeholder interest in this issue and anticipates that stakeholder feedback will be very informative in the final drafting of this important policy. View more information and the draft policy.

The last link is a list of five pages of requirements for doctors recommending MMJ. And it's not just high plant counts either. That's how they get their foot in the door. imo

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

In california doctor recs for extended plant counts have never really held water.The doctors who charge a couple hundred bucks for them make money but in court i dont think they are given much consideration at all,doubt a DR would even show up to try and defend it.
So imo either stay with your legal plant count per person or go up according to your risk tolerance but stay 99 or under to keep off fed radar.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
In california doctor recs for extended plant counts have never really held water.The doctors who charge a couple hundred bucks for them make money but in court i dont think they are given much consideration at all,doubt a DR would even show up to try and defend it.
So imo either stay with your legal plant count per person or go up according to your risk tolerance but stay 99 or under to keep off fed radar.
In Colorado the doctor will be subpoenad to court and will have to explain why they wrote you the script. And lots and lots have won there case this way as well.
But I agree keep it under 99 and carry on!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

In Colorado the doctor will be subpoenad to court and will have to explain why they wrote you the script. And lots and lots have won there case this way as well.
But I agree keep it under 99 and carry on!
Good to know,wasnt familiar with colorado cases but makes perfect sense that once subpoenad the DR would have to explain in an affirmative way.My DR always asks here in cali but also wont issue unless you sign a paper that says if she must appear in court its like 500 an hour 8 hour minimum and they could be there days,who knows.I know for a fact cops here laugh at it but you are 100% right any chips that you can stack in your favor in court cant be bad,wish i could edit that post now.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@fishwhistle damn so 4 grand at least, luckily in my town over plant counts now are handled by code enforcement instead of the cops:)

xavier7995

xavier7995

I have always wondered about pot docs. Not at all downplaying legitimate medical use, but man it seems like a michelin starred chef going to work at mcdonalds. You have all this training....yet you just play medical marijuana fairy. Granted, this ramble is more aimed at CA or places where everything qualifies as a medical condition and there are dr's that just do the recs, rather than treat mj as one possible treatment option in a myriad of choices.

edit: again, totally not knocking mmj.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I have always wondered about pot docs. Not at all downplaying legitimate medical use, but man it seems like a michelin starred chef going to work at mcdonalds. You have all this training....yet you just play medical marijuana fairy. Granted, this ramble is more aimed at CA or places where everything qualifies as a medical condition and there are dr's that just do the recs, rather than treat mj as one possible treatment option in a myriad of choices.

I just had my renewal, and 24/8oz recommendation is $240, 50/16oz is $420 and 99/33oz is a lot more. If anyone has been to this doctor, he 'specializes' in extended plant counts but he spends the entire time discussing nicotine and stopping smoking. Hey dick, I don't smoke cigarettes and I am here for an edibles rec. Why do I need a lecture on nicotine? Thanks for the speech, take my money.

While some may balk at the price, I feel much more comfortable carrying weight in public since there are no limits for rec weight assuming it stays at the grow. I bet it's a small price to pay for the wholesalers.

But at least I have paperwork that contains my plant count.

If this passes, I can see doctors charging or requiring a certain amount of 'care' that goes above and beyond providing a recommendation. The small print is pretty insane in that . Our high plant count is going to require an ongoing relationship with that referring doctor, and he gets to explain how he got from A to MMJ. Docs will either refuse to disclose or stop, like mine. Although, I don't know how the state can verify any of that due to HIPAA but I'm not sure how that relates to cannabis. The answer is probably 'it depends'.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Most of the time they are dr. Rejects who got in trouble one way or another so now there only way to make a decent living is to write mj scripts.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I just had my renewal, and 24/8oz recommendation is $240, 50/16oz is $420 and 99/33oz is a lot more. If anyone has been to this doctor, he 'specializes' in extended plant counts but he spends the entire time discussing nicotine and stopping smoking. Hey dick, I don't smoke cigarettes and I am here for an edibles rec. Why do I need a lecture on nicotine? Thanks for the speech, take my money.

While some may balk at the price, I feel much more comfortable carrying weight in public since there are no limits for rec weight assuming it stays at the grow. I bet it's a small price to pay for the wholesalers.

But at least I have paperwork that contains my plant count.

If this passes, I can see doctors charging or requiring a certain amount of 'care' that goes above and beyond providing a recommendation. The small print is pretty insane in that . Our high plant count is going to require an ongoing relationship with that referring doctor, and he gets to explain how he got from A to MMJ. Docs will either refuse to disclose or stop, like mine. Although, I don't know how the state can verify any of that due to HIPAA but I'm not sure how that relates to cannabis. The answer is probably 'it depends'.
El Paso county just slapped us with a 12 plant max per house which is suppose to trump any mj recommendation, but the good news it's a code violation not criminal :D

xavier7995

xavier7995

50/16oz is $420

...and we are supposed to take his medical opinion seriously:rolleyes:

So is that like 50 plants and you can carry around a lb without concern? The price really doesn't seem that bad compared to rec license fees...or even just in general.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I am more concerned about being outside of the grow with more than 2 ounces in my possession. I find tremendous value in having that paperwork on my person if I have 'overage'. It's fun playing the game of being overweight when you chop a plant but a week later that plant is only a fraction of what it was.

I won't elaborate but there are situations where a 2 ounce limit just doesn't work. A lot of these 'problems' are solved with increased plant counts and increased weight limits. However, I know of a doctor who will write a rec for any number of plants up to 99, but the weight limit is 5 ounces, period. 99 plants, 5 ounces. one plant, five ounces.

We need to distinguish that we are talking in the garden versus outside the garden, in public.

With MMC's being robbed at gunpoint like rino, all of this weight limit stuff doesn't matter if someone is willing to rob a store, with surveillance. Having higher weight limits also makes you a target.

Xavier, you have to consider yourself a recreational user when you are in the garden, since there are no weight limits for recreational grows, as long as the meds stay where it was grown, no transport. Cut your trees and keep your pounds jarred in the root cellar. Outside of your property you are a medical patient (I'm assuming) and you have to have the higher plant count/weight documents if you are pulled over, etc. For me, it's a small price to pay, and it's worth every penny.

xavier7995

xavier7995

bud, i sure do concur and yep, i make sure i follow the rec rules. I look at my jars...and I get a legal weed boner.

SHHHHHAAAAAWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BubbaG

BubbaG

I hope them fuckers come my way on extended plant count. I'm lucky to be a patient of an ivy school doc who's been on those CNN shows.. Knows Dr. Gupta and all... she spent basically an hour with me going over the math and such for my extended plant count... several pages of real doctor stuff documentation... course I really do have a medical need too though I guess.. I spend zero time worrying about it

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I hope them fuckers come my way on extended plant count. I'm lucky to be a patient of an ivy school doc who's been on those CNN shows.. Knows Dr. Gupta and all... she spent basically an hour with me going over the math and such for my extended plant count... several pages of real doctor stuff documentation... course I really do have a medical need too though I guess.. I spend zero time worrying about it
Your doctor would not be affected, the lower cost docs who only write MMJ stuff are most at risk. Instead of trading cash for a signature, they don't want the liability of a court case. Since there are some folks out there who get MMJ cards without having any relationship with the doc, they are not likely to spend money for six months actually treating a health condition prior to a MMJ rec.

It's pretty cut and dry to me. The majority of those who visit discount doctors would not spend the required time or money involved to get that MMJ reccomendation. Bubba, you are lucky in that you have an actual relationship with your doc. I could be wrong, but I bet your doctor would be comfortable standing behind his recommendation and his care in your situation.

The drug task forces need something to do now that they have ignored meth and coke for awhile, and potheads are easier to intimidate.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Interestingly, all she does now is mmj related stuff I think, but every year when I'm there to renew, there's families in the waiting room - she sees kids and recommends cbd for them. Good lady Dr. Geddy. She would totally defend me if I'm within her recommended count and get charged, that's why we spent the time doing the math on what I need. I forget the cost but it was reasonable

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Interestingly, all she does now is mmj related stuff I think, but every year when I'm there to renew, there's families in the waiting room - she sees kids and recommends cbd for them. Good lady Dr. Geddy. She would totally defend me if I'm within her recommended count and get charged, that's why we spent the time doing the math on what I need. I forget the cost but it was reasonable

Dr Margaret Gedde?

outwest

BubbaG

BubbaG

Yep, my bad on the spelling.... I've been a patient 4 years I think, maybe only 3...

I'm an enginear..... engeeneer.... uh, I'm good at math, spelling not so much

putembk

putembk

Wondered how long it would be before they would go after extended counts. I get mine on Federal, Red Card District. No questions just more $$$. I only need 25 for my needs, no biggie. But it sure helps me sleep better knowing if someone does come knocking all they can do is look and leave. Thinking all they would do even if all I had was a 6 and 6 count they would just make my cull a few and leave anyway but you never know.
I have never been in a rec facility and its been over 5 years since I was in a med place. Hoping I never have to go back again. I ain't filling out no paper work for anybody.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Wondered how long it would be before they would go after extended counts. I get mine on Federal, Red Card District. No questions just more $$$. I only need 25 for my needs, no biggie. But it sure helps me sleep better knowing if someone does come knocking all they can do is look and leave. Thinking all they would do even if all I had was a 6 and 6 count they would just make my cull a few and leave anyway but you never know.
I have never been in a rec facility and its been over 5 years since I was in a med place. Hoping I never have to go back again. I ain't filling out no paper work for anybody.
This will also force those who will stay in the business to become caregivers if they want their high plant count, and all the fun that comes with registering the grow with the state, allowing inspection of the grow etc.

I bet every single person who grows more than 6 plants is going to register with the state. There is no way this is bad. Yeay!

Top Bottom