Fan Leaves Drying Out In 5th Week Of Flower

• Thread starter Dirrtybirdy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dirrtybirdy

Hello everyone,

So i'm in my 5th week of flower and I am having trouble. I did a flush because it seemed that some plants were getting locked out and I thought I had a potassium issue. Not thinking I flushed it at 6.3(which is my normal ph when feeding). All the new growth looks good, but im just worried that it might take a nose dive and Id like to prevent any further destruction lol.

Emzynes 3
Hormex 3
Orca 3
Mommoth P 3
Herculean Harvest 50
Aphrodite 25
Medusa 50
Bloom Khaos 40
Zeus Juice 10
Gaia Mania 25
Persephone's 25
Demeter's Destiny 30
Terpenez 15

6.3 PH
2 EC (1000 PPM)

In rockwool and under spectrum king sk600

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fan leaves drying out in 5th week of flower
Fan leaves drying out in 5th week of flower 2
Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree with @MW7945. I recommend resetting the ph to 5.6-6.1. Then flush the RW until 20-30% run off. Clip the bad leafs off, they won’t recover. Then watch for any new signs of issues.

D

Dirrtybirdy

Looks like pH issues. Quite the list of products there.

6.3 pH seems high for rockwool

I agree with @MW7945. I recommend resetting the ph to 5.6-6.1. Then flush the RW until 20-30% run off. Clip the bad leafs off, they won’t recover. Then watch for any new signs of issues.

NFTG recommends that the ph is 6.4 for the nutrient uptake. I got the nutes before I knew it was geared towards soil. I emailed Scott and he said that I should run it at .1 ec less than what the bottle calls for. I'm putting a new regiment together for the next run. But for now, Id like to finish up with this run with NFTG. It seems like all the new growth is growing well.

I will keep a close eye on them for the next couple days. Hopefully it doesn't get an worse! Ive search the forum and it looked like a deficiency to me as well.

Thanks guys!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Looks like some lockout. Possibly root issues
I personally don’t think a 6.3 ph would be so far off that is caused that. 5.5-6.5 SHOILD be acceptable. Not ideal but acceptable. Burnt tips show there is no lack of nutrients. My guess is some root issues going on that’s causing a lockout or possible a worse ph issue inside the root zone.
More info....
Temps, rh, feed schedule, any bugs? Gnats?

D

Dirrtybirdy

Looks like some lockout. Possibly root issues
I personally don’t think a 6.3 ph would be so far off that is caused that. 5.5-6.5 SHOILD be acceptable. Not ideal but acceptable. Burnt tips show there is no lack of nutrients. My guess is some root issues going on that’s causing a lockout or possible a worse ph issue inside the root zone.
More info....
Temps, rh, feed schedule, any bugs? Gnats?

Temp is 74-77 degress low/high
Feeding once a day by hand. About 10% run off
I have gnats, but I'm treating it with go-gnats and there's fewer and fewer

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Looks like root rot to me.
I have quite a bit of experience with rockwool. Check the ph coming from the run off. If you'r seeing it drop rather substantially, then more than likley.
Did you say water temps were 74ish, or air temps. Just an fyi, keep water temps between 62-67. Water at 60 degrees holds 10xs more o2 than temps of 70.

Last edited:
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Check everything everyone has mentioned and then check for Root Aphids and then check again for Root Aphids.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Check everything everyone has mentioned and then check for Root Aphids and then check again for Root Aphids.
Yup, I've had to help someone who had aphids for about a year. Kept feeding, thinking it was a deficiency, until I grew a plant in rockwool. As soon as the roots popped, they were covered. He though it was gnats. In a large area, aphids will hide, and keep coming back. Gotta chuck, clean, and bomb. I checked his runoff in peat, and ec of 4.5+, and ph in the 4"s. Aphids, even gnats are vectors for disease. If you have "gnats" look at the flyers. If the wings are longer than the body, and 2 pipes comin out their ass....aphids.
Week 5 w/either of these..Chalk it up to a learning experience, and it won't happen again

D

Dirrtybirdy

Looks like root rot to me.
I have quite a bit of experience with rockwool. Check the ph coming from the run off. If you'r seeing it drop rather substantially, then more than likley.
Did you say water temps were 74ish, or air temps. Just an fyi, keep water temps between 62-67. Water at 60 degrees holds 10xs more o2 than temps of 70.

Yup, I've had to help someone who had aphids for about a year. Kept feeding, thinking it was a deficiency, until I grew a plant in rockwool. As soon as the roots popped, they were covered. He though it was gnats. In a large area, aphids will hide, and keep coming back. Gotta chuck, clean, and bomb. I checked his runoff in peat, and ec of 4.5+, and ph in the 4"s. Aphids, even gnats are vectors for disease. If you have "gnats" look at the flyers. If the wings are longer than the body, and 2 pipes comin out their ass....aphids.
Week 5 w/either of these..Chalk it up to a learning experience, and it won't happen again

Just wanted to update you guys. I think it was the pH. I did a flush with 5.8 pH and it seemed to stabilize them. All new growth is doing well and the buds are getting plumped. There are a few plants that are still stuck. I'm thinking of doing another flush because it is still locked out.

I also got rid of the panda film that was covering the tray(friend told me to do this. Said it would maximize root growth and whatnot) which acted as a breeding ground for the fungus gnats and since then they're barely any.

I will check for root aphids tomorrow. Hopefully there are none on the locked out plants.

Thanks for everyone's help! Each disaster is a learning experience. Lol

Enforcer

Enforcer

Just wanted to update you guys. I think it was the pH. I did a flush with 5.8 pH and it seemed to stabilize them. All new growth is doing well and the buds are getting plumped. There are a few plants that are still stuck. I'm thinking of doing another flush because it is still locked out.

I also got rid of the panda film that was covering the tray(friend told me to do this. Said it would maximize root growth and whatnot) which acted as a breeding ground for the fungus gnats and since then they're barely any.

I will check for root aphids tomorrow. Hopefully there are none on the locked out plants.

Thanks for everyone's help! Each disaster is a learning experience. Lol
I’m glad you got it worked out.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Throw sticky traps down, and take a pic
Did your ph drop drastically when you first flushed?
I made it through my root rot grow by flushing everyday, and a beneficial called MicoStop. If you run enough ph'd water through (w/light nutes) you might make it (if it is a root zone issue)
When I'd first get to my rockwool drain to waste, and I'd have a ph of 4.9, if feed/flush with 6.2+ to get it in the 5.5-'6.1 range. Some forms aren't as aggressive as others. I had a large grow going, so it was a pain.
Keep us updated

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello everyone,

So i'm in my 5th week of flower and I am having trouble. I did a flush because it seemed that some plants were getting locked out and I thought I had a potassium issue. Not thinking I flushed it at 6.3(which is my normal ph when feeding). All the new growth looks good, but im just worried that it might take a nose dive and Id like to prevent any further destruction lol.

Emzynes 3
Hormex 3
Orca 3
Mommoth P 3
Herculean Harvest 50
Aphrodite 25
Medusa 50
Bloom Khaos 40
Zeus Juice 10
Gaia Mania 25
Persephone's 25
Demeter's Destiny 30
Terpenez 15

6.3 PH
2 EC (1000 PPM)

In rockwool and under spectrum king sk600

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Bet the hydro store loves ya!!! Too much stuff and your ph is probably off for the too much stuff

D

Dirrtybirdy

I’m glad you got it worked out.

Throw sticky traps down, and take a pic
Did your ph drop drastically when you first flushed?
I made it through my root rot grow by flushing everyday, and a beneficial called MicoStop. If you run enough ph'd water through (w/light nutes) you might make it (if it is a root zone issue)
When I'd first get to my rockwool drain to waste, and I'd have a ph of 4.9, if feed/flush with 6.2+ to get it in the 5.5-'6.1 range. Some forms aren't as aggressive as others. I had a large grow going, so it was a pain.
Keep us updated

Spoke too soon. Some of the plants were continuing burning fan leaves, but not as bad. Maybe 2 or 3 on some plants. Others were fine. I ended up flushing all the plants to start all over again with the feeding regiment. When I flushed the plants, I checked the run off and ph was 6.3(where I feed). I ran 5.8 water until it went down to 5.9-6.0. Then about 2 hours later I fed 1/2 feeding. I took a peak this morning and plants seem to be doing well. I wont get a good look til lights turn on in a few hours. Then depending on the moisture in the RW give it a full feeding tonight or tomorrow.

Im going to finish up this grow and not use NFTG. The consistency is too thick and I believe is clogging up the RW and not letting it breathe properly. Live and learn I guess.

Bet the hydro store loves ya!!! Too much stuff and your ph is probably off for the too much stuff
A little too much! Next round I know what to look out for and what not to do. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

D

Dirrtybirdy

For the most part the plants are looking good, but I'm still getting a couple leaves on each plant that does this. I already did the flush and pH was good. I don't know what is causing the leaves to do this..

20180310 215311
AMG love

AMG love

For the most part the plants are looking good, but I'm still getting a couple leaves on each plant that does this. I already did the flush and pH was good. I don't know what is causing the leaves to do this..

How’s they turn out was it a PH problem because my plants are looking kind of the same , but my PH was coming out at 7.5-8.0 so I’m wondering how to get it down and if that’s the problem/ root zone PH is to high and locked out all the nutrients?

836A4C2D A19E 41FF 88EB 03ECAA2DD4BA
4E8434BB AA8B 4884 8C77 C38CC900A93A
D80380C0 255D 48E5 9A6E 7C007D4D30C4
1D25DE04 8474 45B9 BEA2 DF2152CFB3CF
05CD3743 23A3 45FD 9353 E3DCED7B9AB5
Top Bottom