Farmer in need of help, What kind of deficiency is this?

• Thread starter Aerojoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hi farmers, recently I'm trying some new nutes and I'm developing a deficiency. I'm not quite sure what deficiency this is, it's kinda got some mottling going on, some of the growth looks weird and it's yellowing out a bit, . I think it's nitrogen, but the yellowing is different and it also kind of looks like phosphorous deficient. I really want to fix this and make my ladies happy again, I appreciate any help/input you guys can give me.
Farmer in need of help what kind of deficiency is this
Farmer in need of help what kind of deficiency is this 2
Farmer in need of help what kind of deficiency is this 3
Farmer in need of help what kind of deficiency is this 4

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Get some white balance or pix with a whiter light, please.
We need a LOT more information from you, including room condition parameters.
Please provide the information Kitsap has requested.

Initially, I *think* I see what may be a Mg-, and the plants do not appear to be happy with pH and/or VPD (vapor pressure deficit) parameters.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey kits and sea, thanks for the replies. I'm feeding jack's/mgso4 and cano3 at about 1.2 ec. I'm growing in a recirculating drip feed w/ growstones as the media. I was thinking MG def. also sea but does MG look more interveinal? what's really throwing me off is the dark green spine in the middle and the mottling. I'll try to take some better pics tonight b4 the lights come on.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

My PH was off about 2 weeks ago, I got it calibrated so it's accurate again for now. I keep my PH between 5.5-6.2. I'm about to do a rez change on them right now hoping they stop progressing w/ the deficiencies, I don't want to guess wrong and make the problems worsen. If it's a magnesium deficiency would I need to foliar to get it back in there(is it a mobile nutrient?)? here's some more pics, any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG 0663

IMG 0664

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

seamaiden basically read my mind. if your ph is straight, whats your rh looking like?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I'm running a non sealed room w/ an intake exhaust. So it doesn't look like a nute problem to you smartcalyx?

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

thatd be my only guess left, id flush and start with a fresh rez, back off the nutes a little. how long have you been running those nutes?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Mg deficiency symptoms include interveinal chlorosis on the lower
leaves. Leaf edges may also show a thin hint of red or purple. On broad-leaved crops,
the lower leaves of Mg-deficient plants may initially show interveinal chlorosis and
become purplish-red with green veins.

Mg is not very mobile, so foliar would be ideal if it is indeed a deficiency. You may want to bump your EC up to 1.8.

Are you using the standard 3-2-1 jacks/cano3/mgso4 grams/ gal ratio?

what week are you in (looks like week 1)? to me it looks like they need a little more N and Ca, not really Mg, maybe some P.

I would run 2-3-1 instead of 3-2-1 through the end of stretch. keep your pH around 6.0.

1.8 EC

How many watts? perhaps they are experiencing some lumen shock?

This is only my humble opinion.

nebulius

nebulius

Did discoloration start with lower leaves then the middle? Are the tips browning and curling up?Any brown rust spots on leaf margins or tips or between the veins?
These are symptoms of MG def.

nebulius

nebulius

Could be Phosphorous deff......leaves turn bluish green. leaf steams and veins turn reddish-purple. leaves curl downward starting with older leaves.
just a guess, something else to check, lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Since you're about to flush and refill anyway, maybe now is the time to re-examine how you mix your nutes into the water you're using. Do you premix these nutrients separately? Do you add them to yoursystem gradually? If not, you could be looking at a nutrient lockout situation- which can really end up being a tail-chaser.

Make sure you keep high concentrations of any nute containing calcium apart from any high concnetrations of sulphur or magnesium.

What I do is dissolve my Jacks and epsom in one 5 gallon pail, with a gallon of warm water first. Once it's dissolved, I fill the bucket up with cold water. I do the same in a separate bucket with my calcium nitrate. I then add these, slowly, one at a time, to my reservoir or system, mixing thoroughly at all times during the process.

Be sure you also have your other environmental conditions under control, such as rh and temps. I think 70 is a bit cool for good growth. Your current rh is okay for the low temps, but if you raise temps to 75-80 to encourage faster growth, you will want to raise rh to around 60-65%.

You never mentioned how much light you're under? Are you in flower or still in veg?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

thatd be my only guess left, id flush and start with a fresh rez, back off the nutes a little. how long have you been running those nutes?
I just flushed and gave the plants a fresh new rez hopefully she'll pop back soon, I was running the nutes for 2 weeks.
Are you using the standard 3-2-1 jacks/cano3/mgso4 grams/ gal ratio?

what week are you in (looks like week 1)? to me it looks like they need a little more N and Ca, not really Mg, maybe some P.

I would run 2-3-1 instead of 3-2-1 through the end of stretch. keep your pH around 6.0.

1.8 EC

How many watts? perhaps they are experiencing some lumen shock?

This is only my humble opinion.
I'm using the standard 3/2/1, I'm in day 5 flowering atm hoping to catch the problem in time. I was thinking the same deficiencies as you cap, but am unsure cause it does kinda look like MG also. I've been feeding at 1.2 ec, maybe they are just hungry? Lumen shock could be a possibility as they were under dual arc 600 vegging but now are under 750w hps. does the 2/3/1 help w/ stretching? or you think they need more nitrogen at first?
Did discoloration start with lower leaves then the middle? Are the tips browning and curling up?Any brown rust spots on leaf margins or tips or between the veins?
These are symptoms of MG def.
The discoloration and stunted growth seem to be on new growth only, as some of the older leaves look big, lush and healthy. curling down on some of them.
You never mentioned how much light you're under? Are you in flower or still in veg?
I'm under 750w hps flowering 5 days atm. I use that exact same deficiency chart, which of those do you think mine resembles the most? I've been mixing them your way, although I did use the last batch of the other cano3 w/ the coatings, I'll be using the yara liva soon. could that be the issue?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Could be Phosphorous deff......leaves turn bluish green. leaf steams and veins turn reddish-purple. leaves curl downward starting with older leaves.
just a guess, something else to check, lol
I'm thinking it looks like this also, but should I be low on P w/ 3/2/1 ratio? what causes that ugly mottling w/ the dark green spine in the middle?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't use- and would not recommend- any coated/delay release ferts in a hydro system. That's not the right application. That stuff belongs in soil.

If that's what you're using, then straight nitro and calcium deficieny might be what you're looking at. Gotta foliar calcium, it's immobile.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Doesn't Silica lock out Ca?.....or is it Mg?

Cant remember. I add it to 5 gallons of water and then intro it to the rez.

I was told if you see it clouding up when you add it....its locking out. I dunno if this is true.

Top Bottom