(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so if we were growing wheat, we'd want to use MAP? if we can tease out any useful info, MAP is 1-4.7-0, DAP is 1-2.5-0. Ripe is 1-5-4, pbp soil bloom is 1-4-5, Aqua flakes + shooting powder is 1-4.1-4.2, maplereef bloom is 1-6.5-3.

Didn't someone post up a page that Daniel had done on reagent purity? From my perspective that plays into the issue of whether (and where) to use MAP vs DAP. Especially if we're concerned with ROI, how one or the other might affect that parameter (it's why we're even talking about mixing our own nutes, right?) and where one *might* be able to save a little money versus where it's not a good place to try to find some savings, etc., etc.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Didn't someone post up a page that Daniel had done on reagent purity? From my perspective that plays into the issue of whether (and where) to use MAP vs DAP. Especially if we're concerned with ROI, how one or the other might affect that parameter (it's why we're even talking about mixing our own nutes, right?) and where one *might* be able to save a little money versus where it's not a good place to try to find some savings, etc., etc.

wasn't that me? ;)

anyone can take a $340 H&G regimen and reproduce it for around $10 buying chemicals in bulk (retail). imo, at that point you're better off looking elsewhere to optimize your operations.

there's a 12 light grow that spends ~$5000 per cycle on H&G nutes. say he spends $3000 in electricity and other overhead. he's harvested a best of 1.75 lb/light, 21 lb total of kush varieties. say the market value of his crop is ~$63k. mixing his own nutes could bring that expense down to about $150. his initial profit is $55k. mixing his own nutes would net $60.35k; a 10% increase in profit.

copying a nute regimen even takes away the 'learning curve' so you maximise yield on the first run.

K

kuz

So much on the line you have to go with what you know works. Of all the really great grows I've seen detailed on this site, cant think of one that mixed their own fertilizer. They all seem to pick their brand and follow the schedule. My math skills are pretty rusty, took some effort to figure out whats going on. Nute companies doing their best to keep everyone confused.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Example of using an Excel Spreadsheet to join several products together, this was done in Hydrobuddy using the weights on the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Botanicare Nutrient Calculator - Excel Spreadsheet shows you the Parts Per Million of each element of any ML value you wish to input for PBPB, Cal-Mag, Karma and Sweet. I have defaulted the Spread Sheet to use Week 4 of Botanicare Bloom Recipe you can find it online.

Only change the ML value under ML per Gallon of reservoir water.. If you change any other area the Spread Sheet will not function correctly. The values you can change are HIGHLIGHTED YELLOW :D and the numbers are bigger than all others

Checked all the reverse engineering and the Math all appears to be summing correctly, I do not use Botanicare products this would be for your enjoyment and AT YOUR OWN RISK..

View attachment Botanicare_PPM_MAX_BLOOM.zip
R

REGISTRD

Mejuana.. you do know about PH spreadsheet right. thats already done all for you in PH..
All you have to do is enter the guaranteed analysis of any given commercial nute in the nuteOrama tab.. Copy/paste it to your guaranteed analysis tab go to your solution tab you can combine up to 7 commercial nutes and it will give you the given ppm value of them all combined..
PH Spreadsheet shows you the Parts Per Million of each element of any ML value you wish to input for Any given commercial nutrient!!
PH has great calculators in it as well to find cost per ml/gal density /ml/gal etc...

MeJuana

MeJuana

Thanks I will get it converted over for the group of people I did that for. I didn't look at those excel sheets that closely but I know which ones you mean. I might keep going with Botanicare all the way so that sheet will help.

Thanks Registrd

MeJuana

MeJuana

Edited to be Fullest Line of Botanicare I could find with correctly reducing main fertilizer by 25% of max, excel attached

Straight addition to reservoir.. For example for PBPB, Pure Blend Pro Bloom, you would take your gallons x 22.5. So if you have 10 gallons it is 225ml of PBPB
PBPB per gallon 22.5ml
Cal Mag Plus per gallon 5ml
Sweet Raw per gallon 15ml
Liquid Karma per gallon 10ml
Hydroplex per gallon 5ml
Silca Blast per gallon 5ml

Nitrogen N Total 102.4
Phosphorus P 186.5
Potassium K 377.2
Magnesium Mg 128.8
Sulfur S 101.8
Calcium Ca 118.3
Iron Fe 1.71300
Boron B 0.00000
Manganese Mn 0.03039
Zinc Zn 0.00304
Molybdenum Mo 0.00152
Copper Cu 0.00000
Silicon Si 28.93222

View attachment Botaniare Full Line UP.zip View attachment BotanicareFeedSchedule_0507.pdf
K

kuz

MeJuana, We need to compile these full line ppm calculations somewhere. Jalisco Kid tried to get something like that going, there seems to be more interest now. I'd like to see week by week breakdown of what the fert company suggest. All the big grows on this site, it would be cool to follow along knowing what the ppm's are.

Thats a lot of phosphorous and magnesium in the botanicare.

MeJuana

MeJuana

That is an awesome idea we do need such a database, wonder how we could get organized to do it? We need a access database connected to an excell or something then you just download the latest database. I am not Excel wizard though.

H

HydroRookie

I wonder if we could send them to the guy that makes HydroBuddy so that he can put them in the online database ? Worth a shot ?

R

REGISTRD

ive got pretty much every commercial nutrient in my Ph spreadsheet we could make a thread and i could start copy/pasting if itll work..??

K

kuz

ive got pretty much every commercial nutrient in my Ph spreadsheet we could make a thread and i could start copy/pasting if itll work..??

Wow. There is probably a way we could imput the data into hydro buddy or the ph spreadsheet. I was thinking something a lot simplier just this info like MeJuana posted:

PBPB per gallon 22.5ml
Cal Mag Plus per gallon 5ml
Sweet Raw per gallon 15ml
Liquid Karma per gallon 10ml
Hydroplex per gallon 5ml
Silca Blast per gallon 5ml

Nitrogen N Total 102.4
Phosphorus P 186.5
Potassium K 377.2
Magnesium Mg 128.8
Sulfur S 101.8
Calcium Ca 118.3
Iron Fe 1.71300
Boron B 0.00000
Manganese Mn 0.03039
Zinc Zn 0.00304
Molybdenum Mo 0.00152
Copper Cu 0.00000
Silicon Si 28.93222

And maybe a weekly breakdown for N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S. I havent looked at the full schedule for floranova but have worked with it a lot in the calculators since thats what I use. People actually using the nutes could double check and post actual EC numbers.

R

REGISTRD

ya but thats not the point of this thread guys... This thread is for mixing our own nutrients from Salts NOT commercial ferts...

Back on topic..V.98 is out!! WOW so many great improvements. I like to know that Daniel checked the PH spreadsheet. I feel alot more confident in his math thats for sure..Know time to mix salts.....:cool0010:

K

kuz

Right, but we make our lives a lot easier if we learn what works from other growers who have figured out how to use the bottled stuff.

K

kuz

For example, I looked closely at what DD's used for nutrients because he got great results with a similar system to what I use. He only used AN Sensi for the first couple weeks because he said connoisseur was too hot, when I look at the ppm its the same except connoisseur has more nitrogen, so its not certain but gives me a clue I should start with a lower N and more N at peak might be useful also, because he thought it was worth switching at some point. A lot is strain specific, its even more useful if your using the same strain in the same kind of system.

E

ehole

i've ran the numbers on fox farm hydro week by week setup... i have them somewhere but i was not impressed but the gave reasonable results though. when i find them i'll post it. i think i should have cutting edge solutions different phases too

MeJuana

MeJuana

I am definitely new to this thread and appreciative to be included in this circle in my opinion this is the most knowledgeable group I know of. But imo discussing maintaining a database of the known MJ applicable fertilizers is precisely the point of this thread. And reverse engineering discussions would be the entire point of the thread, especially with the introduction of Hydrobuddy there isn't a lot else to discuss.

But again I take no self appointed liberties here and appreciate this thread for whatever it is.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Botanicare Power Series

Power Plant
3-1-4-1-0.5
4.53 kg / 3.785 L = 1.2 g/ml
@ 30 ml/usgal: 273-42-316-234-48 (Ca should be 94)
EC 2.37 mS
10L stock solution 100:1 concentration

KNO3 mass = 683.6 g
Ca(NO3)2 mass_yara = 1229.2 g
FeEDDHA mass = 55.5 g

MgSO4 mass = 483 g
KH2PO4 mass = 182.4 g
ZnSO4 mass = 4.397 g
MnSO4 mass = 4.09 g
CuSO4 mass = 1.3 g
H3BO3 mass = 7.61 g
Na2MoO4 mass = 0.076 g

Power Flower
2-2-5-1-0.5
4.5 kg / 3.785 L = 1.19 g/ml
@ 37.5 ml/usgal: 238-104-494-132-60 (Ca should be 114)
EC 2.37 mS
10L stock solution 100:1 concentration

KNO3 mass = 941.1 g
Ca(NO3)2 mass_yara = 693.4 g
FeEDDHA mass = 55.5 g

MgSO4 mass = 603.7 g
KH2PO4 mass = 456.1 g
ZnSO4 mass = 4.397 g
MnSO4 mass = 4.09 g
CuSO4 mass = 1.3 g
H3BO3 mass = 7.61 g
Na2MoO4 mass = 0.076 g

Fe 3.33, B 1.33, Mn 1.33, Zn 1.0, Cu 0.33, Mo 0.09. i'm using these reduced micros because they accumulate in the plant. i've also found that my iron eddha doesn't completely dissolve at 10 ppm. sub your own if you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom