Federialim Will Let States Decide?

• Thread starter Stardusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

Eh, elections have consequences. Guess we will see what happens, conservatives have never been real friendly to weed, not sure why people expected differently.

Edit: not sure if the page didn't fully load or something, but that last line of "sessions considers marijuana to be like heroin and blames it for the violent crime spike." Cracked me up. Seemed really out of place and like the author just wanted to throw a "fuck this keebler elf looking motherfucker" in there. I concur.

Last edited:
Stardusted

Stardusted

Alright!...
I'm a mess.. for starters when I was 19 I got my feet in the way of a loosed boulder, while working on a trail crew.. Several years ago..I felt a need to have corrective surgery preformed on both feet..the surgery's did not go so well. The past several years I have maxed out opioids at the pain clinic. Then my doctor put me on buprenorphine or Suboxone. .. I got so sick on this stuff I damn near died.. Additionally my poor Dr is scared as an inbred puppy, just scared of DEA, and making me pay for my own UAs and other hoops to hop threw, to cover his practice... stuff that's crazy.. Yet I get there might be a real problem with Dr.s DEA and scammer addiction.. Amazing with all the foofaraw!

I'm off of opioids and synthetic opioids now. Suboxone has an honest 30 day withdrawal..life has been a bit challenging, living with pain..

My friends, Dr., and family all begged me to try pot.. Two years ago I sat with friends and smoked for the first time in 25 years..The foot pain seemed to go away..rather I forget about them..

I have an genetically inherited overactive immune system. Ive been on Humira for this..I stopped Humira an took up toke and green cannabis eating, and am symptom free for two years.

On top of these problems, Slop some raw depression..and the anxiety from the life stiffling phyical problems..and a medley of medications.. I was ready to punch out..

For the past year and a half..I've been able to live with some quality of life..Cannabis has enabled me to kick opioids, Humira, psyc meds..and find a pleasant hobby! Growing my own meds? Without gut wrenching paranoia getting busted! Thank you COLORADO Legistrator's!!!

For a life.. d.

Houseofwax76

Houseofwax76

I’m a conservative and I’m in here I think the best we can do is ban togeather, forget political differences on this topic. Get the word out to your fellow smokers, contact your elected officials starting local, and move right on up to state, to federal. Let your voices be heard. At every level. Those who have done this in the past, are the reason It is fully legal, taxed and regulated in 8 states and Canada. If you do not fit the criminal Mr. Sessions wants you to be seen as, speak up. Write a letter, make that call. Sessions is old. “Marijuana is bad” is all he knows. He was brain washed by the very machine that employs him. The Federal Government. “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” if every smoker spoke up, they would have no choice.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Trump will try and undo EVERY policy Obama put in place. Trump is fucking SERIOUSLY nuts! I have no question he is unfit to clean my toilets, let alone run the country. This guy had been sued over 5,000 times for non payment to contractors. I have a story, but too pissed to tell it right now.
Some are thinking "all billionairs " get sued....Cuban HAS been sued less than a handful of times. He constantly needs his ass kissed...In reality, NOT TV, he's a whiny bitch nobody can stand!

Rcubed

Rcubed

It's odd that conservatives have always stood on the side of states rights when it suits them but resort to federalism when it doesn't.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday rescinded an Obama-era policy that paved the way for states to legalize marijuana. Instead, Sessions will allow federal prosecutors in states where pot is legal to decide how to enforce the federal ban on marijuana sale or possession.

Conversely, Obama (ultra-liberal) falls on the side of States rights.

Under former President Barack Obama, the Department of Justice indicated to states in 2013 that while marijuana remained illegal under U.S. law, federal law enforcement officials would not interfere in states that chose to legalize cannabis as long as they hewed to certain restrictions such as barring minors from being able to buy it and prohibiting transport of the drug into states where it wasn't legal. That memo is what Sessions rescinded Thursday.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It's odd that conservatives have always stood on the side of states rights when it suits them but resort to federalism when it doesn't.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday rescinded an Obama-era policy that paved the way for states to legalize marijuana. Instead, Sessions will allow federal prosecutors in states where pot is legal to decide how to enforce the federal ban on marijuana sale or possession.

Conversely, Obama (ultra-liberal) falls on the side of States rights.

Under former President Barack Obama, the Department of Justice indicated to states in 2013 that while marijuana remained illegal under U.S. law, federal law enforcement officials would not interfere in states that chose to legalize cannabis as long as they hewed to certain restrictions such as barring minors from being able to buy it and prohibiting transport of the drug into states where it wasn't legal. That memo is what Sessions rescinded Thursday.
Conservatives (Republicans) are the definition of insanity! Doing the same thing over expecting diffrent results. Ok, first off Trump had been taking credit for the economy. This is still Obama's economy! Once "trickle down " kicks in, plan for another recession at best. This guy is crazy enough to use nukes, so we may never know? How many republican presidents have to fuck up the economy before they realize IT DOES NOT WORK! I view R's as racists with totally cloeses minds. They would vote for Hitler if there was an R next to his name. This whole thing is ridiculous. You know what the 2nd largest industry in Texas is? Private prisons. Ya know where Sessions has most of his investments? Private prisons.
Since I started growing, I've discovered I'm good at it (I like to think), and I've learned more about biology than HS, and college combined.
If alchol, and tobacco are legal, cannabis HAS TO be! SO many of us, especially older whites, or uneducated/ignorant are ridiculously brain washed.
If you were a cop, would you rather deal with a drunk guy, or high. Eh, we all know! Bunch of bullshit

DGP

DGP

I was a conservative but am totally sick of the lack of compassion in the party. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the right and the left are both the enemies of the common person. Power and all the things that lead to power including money and influence are their motivation and any good will that would be for the people is unimportant.

Never liked Sessions and I think he is an ignorant ass.

Since any actions of the Federal resources will be up to the states Attorneys General the only time something might happen is if you get an AG in your state that is a heartless dick. In states like Oregon, Washington and Cali that is unlikely to happen. Probably not worth freaking out over but Session's move is very dickish as one would expect.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I was a conservative but am totally sick of the lack of compassion in the party. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the right and the left are both the enemies of the common person. Power and all the things that lead to power including money and influence are their motivation and any good will that would be for the people is unimportant.

Since any actions of the Federal resources will be up to the states Attorneys General the only time something might happen is if you get an AG in your state that is a heartless dick. In states like Oregon, Washington and Cali that is unlikely to happen. Probably not worth freaking out over but Session's move is very dickish as one would expect.
The thing is, Sessions was just taking orders from Trump...Maybe Trump owed him a favor for sticking around a year lol. This was all about getting rid of ALL Obama's policies

Rcubed

Rcubed

Agree, I hold some traditional conservative views that involve smaller government and states rights. The problem is that the Republican party doesn't really represent those views any longer. They have sided with the religious right and tea party nut-jobs. As far as their reach in California and the western states goes, he just appointed new attorney generals in those states in his thirst to gain control in those states.

-Just on Wednesday, Sessions announced the appointment of 17 interim U.S. attorneys, including in districts in Nevada, California and Washington - all states where recreational pot is legal.

"I don't think that's coincidental," Grawert (Ames Grawert attorney for Brennan Center's Justice Program) said, adding that Sessions has made cryptic comments on marijuana policies for months, and it's likely Sessions wanted to make the announcement before the potentially huge California market could get off the ground.

Stardusted

Stardusted

Watch Netflix about Trump" ..sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a human..the old song.. "Dawning of the age of Aquarius..da
da ti da..moving into a new era..sorry it's just Dawn..not noon...hehe..

Stardusted

Stardusted

Money talks.. empty pockets walk..simply too much money to be made..The Grey's an Mantids are for cannabis. They were the ones that gave it to us anyway.
...I found a group of Mason's that think it's ok too... doesn't mean they all do it now guys!
Plus it is the finest social supprescent I can conceive of.. hehe

Ever noticed how agressive alcohol using societies are so agressive..?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Money talks.. empty pockets walk..simply too much money to be made..The Grey's an Mantids are for cannabis. They were the ones that gave it to us anyway.
...I found a group of Mason's that think it's ok too... doesn't mean they all do it now guys!

Ever noticed how agressive alcohol using societies are so agressive..?
Thinking about this has really upset me. To some people this is their livelihoods.
Big pharma, and private prisons, along with the lobbiest with far larger pockets than us.
If the really want to, and I KNOW Sessions does, some of us are fucked. It's been such a nice feeling not having to be paranoid all the time.
Well over 60% of Americans are in favor! This is about a couple nut jobs, and a lot of $

Stardusted

Stardusted

Yep, latest poll says 68% of Americans are for full legalization.

The collective mind brought the Berlin Wall down.. legalized canna hither an thar...don't "freak out"..From my perspective here in Colo..the ball is rolling..no going back..you should see all the people hitting the dispensaries from outta state..even saw a Mississippi State University vehicle at a Sweet leaf dispensary..an rumor of the fed canna lab purchased seed from a local seedsman..

I've noticed..some, simply cannot take the introspection..cannabis causes..what of those minds?...
IMG 20170901 205259397
IMG 20170901 205259397

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Politics aren't real. Corporations write the laws.

The concept of conservatives hating pot is absurd. Conservatives don't vote in my experience. They completely disregard the law. Maybe you folks have been watching too much USA wrestling. It should be obvious its rigged,but instead, the delusion gets stronger to maintain the illusion.

DGP

DGP

Politics aren't real. Corporations write the laws.

The concept of conservatives hating pot is absurd. Conservatives don't vote in my experience. They completely disregard the law. Maybe you folks have been watching too much USA wrestling. It should be obvious its rigged,but instead, the delusion gets stronger to maintain the illusion.

The whole thing is, I agree. The enemies of the people are equally on the left and the right. America needs to awaken and see that the political elite is the problem and that is the left and the right are equally guilty of screwing us.

I used to be a conservative but have never been a fan of outlawing a silly plant and have always thought the last thing we need are more laws. What we need is less laws and more freedom. Along the way we lost our freedom and most people have not even noticed. I have not missed a major election in 30 plus years (I f'ing vote every time) and have not missed most local elections either. I stood in line to get registered the day I turned 18.

Dee

Top Bottom