Finally Dropped My Beans.

• Thread starter xjking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

You can, if its tap water.. Dont water with low ppm water.. 300 as far as I undestand is the baseline.. so if your tap water is under that.. its amazing, but should be brought up to 300.

Most tap water contains elements such as calcium and magnesium.. The cal mag plus also has nitrogen in it.. which tends to help some things..

xjking

xjking

So I tested my tap water last night and it came in at 56ppm tds. It is an artesian well, with clean water I guess.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Mine comes out at around 300 - 421.. I only got away with watering with it back then as peat moss supposedly contains nitrogen..

The amount of nutes I use now, I have to have RO.

Im Jealous. ;P

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Im in coco btw. Loving it. I use fox farms nutes though.. effective but potent..

Once my seedlings or clones roots are established, leaving behind that stage just about. I switch them to the chem nutes. Usually about 350 ppm, 150-200 of it being that Cal Mag Plus stuff and adjust as I fit. (Flower is a different story.. some of my ladies need dialing in..)

xjking

xjking

Update today, I topped the NL after the fourth node, it is coming well.
20180520 164510

The OG is getting more green and actually gained some height. I'm not giving up on it, but it is behind.
20180520 164617

Here they are using a solo cup as a reference.
20180520 164724
20180520 164742

xjking

xjking

Wow. Whose Og S1 is that anyway? o.O The northern lights is showing it up in vigor.

I bet that OG cant handle how hot OF is.

The OG was a freebee and I transplanted it into regular organic soil a week ago, hopefully it will begin to take off.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I’ve been running (LegacyOG) for a few runs and she dose not like the heat at all! If it gets over 83fh her leaves start twisting and growth slows dramatically! If I get the Temps back under 80fh she snaps outa it pretty quick 1-2 days and grows vigorously.

xjking

xjking

I’ve been running (LegacyOG) for a few runs and she dose not like the heat at all! If it gets over 83fh her leaves start twisting and growth slows dramatically! If I get the Temps back under 80fh she snaps outa it pretty quick 1-2 days and grows vigorously.
I have problems with low temps if anything, highs of 72-3 and down to 60ish at lights out.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Agreed, I understand what you are saying. I will be transplanting into 5 gallon planters around that time I am guessing so I assume it will mean 3-4 weeks from the last time they see fresh soil? Am I correct on this.
yes

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have problems with low temps if anything, highs of 72-3 and down to 60ish at lights out.
shoot for only a 10 deg diff between day and night temps. Get dialed in to those parameters and I know you will see a difference in your runs...…….

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am long overdue for an update, mostly because I am embarrassed with my OG kush. Perhaps I would be better off asking for help. All of the leaves have been yellow until the last couple of days some are getting darker green. Hopefully it's a good sign. I'm not sure if it's nute burn or just from removing the shell. Here is how it looks now.
View attachment 799689

The ph of the runoff is 7.6 and tds is down to 633. Is it safe to try to feed it with some ph down in the mix, if so, I could use a little info on what steps to take. Maybe I should just leave it alone for a few more days? Or should I just plant it in the 5 gallon pot now with ffof to feed it and reduce ph. Any help is greatly appreciated at this point.

On a better note, I did transplant the Northern Lights to a 5 gallon pot. It looks great. Runoff is ph 6.7 and tds is at 1603 with fresh ffof. Here it is...
View attachment 799690
I think the root system is looking fantastic. Here it is in the cloth pot...View attachment 799691
Any help you can give with the OG kush would be so appreciated. I would really hate to lose it, but maybe it's too late.
Heres a little tip, when you uppot and the roots are packed pretty tight, tickle your roots (gently loosen them) when uppotting into new shoes. This helps the roots to spread out and seek new soil and leave the confines of the old pot shape they had. There is a condition called the tea cup effect where if root bound or close to it if you don't work the root ball a little the root system wont venture out beyond the old soil structure form/shape and can inhibit vigorous root growth going into flower stages. I hope that made sense. Also helps once repotted to water/feed the outer edges of the pots to encourage the roots to spread out laterally and develop a good firm base to support those massive colas you seek.....

xjking

xjking

Heres a little tip, when you uppot and the roots are packed pretty tight, tickle your roots (gently loosen them) when uppotting into new shoes. This helps the roots to spread out and seek new soil and leave the confines of the old pot shape they had. There is a condition called the tea cup effect where if root bound or close to it if you don't work the root ball a little the root system wont venture out beyond the old soil structure form/shape and can inhibit vigorous root growth going into flower stages. I hope that made sense. Also helps once repotted to water/feed the outer edges of the pots to encourage the roots to spread out laterally and develop a good firm base to support those massive colas you seek.....

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

xjking

xjking

It's been 7-8 weeks since I planted my seeds and the Northern Lights is doing excellent. I gave the first round of muted today and did a little lst. I may just see if I can fill the tent with this plant.
20180610 184253

I wish I could say the same of the OG kush. It is still barely growing with the leaves turning yellow shortly after they grow. One last shot today. I fed it nutrs.
Drain water was at 7.5ph and yes is 795. I can't figure out why it is so unhappy. It is about 6 inches tall now after 8 weeks. Come July 1 I will probably trash it.
20180610 184301

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

No offense.. but that plant aint going to come out of that now. Without more effort than necessary..

Whose OG S1 was that?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Things like that can happen to S1 made from a clone in poor health.. Who can tell yeh what condition this particular OG was in when they selfed it.. and there by subtracted vigor.

That is my best guess as to what happened here.

Really not your fault either way.. Can tell from the Northern Lights, which If I remember right, is reputable for being easy to grow.

Also consider that the NL may be more on the indica spectrum than the og and be able to take up more nutes from the hot OF.

Ive got a plant thats finicky on nutes due to genetics.. Its possible as well the og doesn't like the soil.

xjking

xjking

I think I did more harm than good transplanting to of so early. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom