First Grow 4x4 Hid System.

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Running out of Cannazym... the liter bottle is 50$!! That sucks! Anything cheaper I could replace it with? I’ll be low on bloom boost soon too I’m sure.

Got a decent humidifier on order; rh has been on the lower side of 30%.

Fed 700ppm at lights on today at 6.5pH. I’m still watering every 3 days but it looks like I’ll be doing every other day soon. Water temp is 68 degres, 63-78 degres for canopy.
Check out Botanicares CNS line.
Very affordable great simple stable nutrients.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Amazon has it for $31 a gallon. I think I spent $26 for a liter of SLF from my local hydro store. I’m going to give it a whirl.
Probably close to the same thing. Enzymes. Haha. But I have been very happy with it. I love the stuff. Hahah. I use it weekly in my tea. Only base and silica go in my Rez

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I really have a hard time understanding how people who use pre amended grow mediums get their ppm on point. How can you be sure how much nutrients your worm castings are releasing every watering? Does everyone just measure runoff like me? I’d love to grow organic to learn how soil really works (I love this planet, and good tasting bud) but when you see the growth rate and the precision you can have with hydroponics, it’s really appealing.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I really have a hard time understanding how people who use pre amended grow mediums get their ppm on point. How can you be sure how much nutrients your worm castings are releasing every watering? Does everyone just measure runoff like me? I’d love to grow organic to learn how soil really works (I love this planet, and good tasting bud) but when you see the growth rate and the precision you can have with hydroponics, it’s really appealing.
With precision comes small range of tolerance and increased possibility of miscalculation. Soil is forgiving for nubes. Hydro produces, but the learning curve is a bit steep for some. I'm partial to soil for the simplicity. I do agree that preamended soils may contain some mystery, but building your own mix following one of many recipes you can find on the ol internet can prove to be successful. The growth rate is slower and yields can be less than hydro, but IMO hydro doesn't compare for flavors and smells. That's been my experience. It's all about final product I suppose. I won't say I'd never try hydro, but soil working for me right now.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I think hydro might actually be better for newbies that want to put time and attention to their grow but soil or even the cocoloco I have would be great if you just wanna grow some plants and don’t have experience. Id like to s ee how plants react to different nutrients because right now I see I’m doing things right but I don’t really understand what my plants are going through. Seems like for me to acquire the best growing skills overtime I’ll have to master hydro then switch to soil. Or as you said maybe build my own soil and see how that goes.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I found the recipe "Subcool's Super Soil". That seemed to be the infamous recipe around the web. I followed it as close as I could. Not exact, but very close. I used that soil for my recent grow. I only fed once a week with nutrients at half strength. I never even bothered with ppm or pH. I just kind of winged it with the 25 yrs of grow knowledge Ive obtained since I got my mitts on my first High Times mag. (I've grown a half dozen other small successful grows over those years) I will never claim to be a master grower, but I did pretty good this round. First of four plants. 2.5 oz. Each is about the same size if not a little bigger. Happy happy.

IMG 20180318 0205447592
IMG 20180318 020721769
IMG 20180303 163648149
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

And yes hydro definitely allows some experimentation into "what nute does what". I'm considering a DWC bucket in the near future. Heard those are pretty simple.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

And yes hydro definitely allows some experimentation into "what nute does what". I'm considering a DWC bucket in the near future. Heard those are pretty simple.
Gorgeous bud man I can almost smell them!! What strain was that?
Yeah I was thinking of going with the bucket system too! Easy to move, maintain, cheap and easy diy!

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Gorgeous bud man I can almost smell them!! What strain was that?
Yeah I was thinking of going with the bucket system too! Easy to move, maintain, cheap and easy diy!
Deathstar. It's Sensi Star x Sour Diesel. Fresh cut smells like straight race fuel. It mellows out and gains some earthy citrus aromas once it's jarred for a couple weeks.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Your grow is looking nice. Can't wait to watch those colas fill in and fatten up. How long you gonna flower? What strain again?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Thanks man!! I got 2 G13 x Strawberry Diesel, 3 Somango and 3 White Widows! I honestly can’t tell which one I’m most excited about. My biggest producer will be the Somango I’m sure. They’re Somango XXL from Nirvana and one of them has just been a freaking beast since early veg. Buds in the pic are only from that one plant.

Top Bottom