• 1 week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
B

brigrows

Hi everyone,
This is my first grow. I started with 3 plants, one was pulled because it turned out to be male. They are Northern Lights strain, grown in a 3×2 tent, under 2x 300 watt LED panels, temps range from 70-83. They are in 5 gallon pots right now with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I have been feeding them Earth Juice nutes, but stopped nutes 2 weeks ago. I have a 40x jewelers loupe, but it's been pretty impossible to get a good view of the trichomes. I will invest in a 420 scope next grow. I'd appreciate any feedback you all can give me! I honestly have no clue if I should chop them tomorrow or in 2 weeks... I've been getting mixed opinions from my friends.

First grow do they look ready to chop
First grow do they look ready to chop 2
First grow do they look ready to chop 3
First grow do they look ready to chop 4
First grow do they look ready to chop 5
First grow do they look ready to chop 6
First grow do they look ready to chop 7
S

SaladSamurai

Go another 4 days if not a week!! loking amazing. Much love

Dbear180

Dbear180

Try using a flashlight with the loop. They look good tho. Kinda hard to tell by the trichs in the pic (pictures lose a lil quality when up loaded on here I've noticed). How many weeks in are you? I usually run between 9-10 weeks in flower, flush week 4 & three times last week(8or9 depending on what I have going on) before I chop them down.

B

brigrows

Okay thank you! The loupe has a built in LED light, but I don't feel like it magnifies it well enough to really see whether it is clear or cloudy. I will try to take a picture through the loupe tomorrow to show you what I mean. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since they got their first little pistils.

Try using a flashlight with the loop. They look good tho. Kinda hard to tell by the trichs in the pic (pictures lose a lil quality when up loaded on here I've noticed). How many weeks in are you? I usually run between 9-10 weeks in flower, flush week 4 & three times last week(8or9 depending on what I have going on) before I chop them down.

B

brigrows

Awesome! Thank you for the response. I was ready to chop them today, but was worried about pulling them too early. I'm glad that I waited. =)

Go another 4 days if not a week!! loking amazing. Much love

Dbear180

Dbear180

If you go at least two weeks longer feed them one more time the first week & flush the second.

I base flower start time on first day of 12/12 light.

Dunge

Dunge

Congratulations!

I would like to see less white pistols before harvest.
And, I would continue feeding organics, as the plants look to me to be fading a bit early.
Trichome clarity is just one of many tells as to ripeness.

Bottom line; I say about a week.

And again, you did a great job on these.
FFOF under LED demonstration grow.

Notes for next run:
In organics, I keep feeding to harvest.
3 gallon pot can do the job, and is just easier.

B

brigrows

Okay, thank you for the response! They are yellowing pretty rapidly, even prior to the flush, despite the fact that I was still giving them a good dose of nutes. Should I hit them with nutes one more time? I use Earth Juice line products; Catalyst, Grow, Bloom, Micro, and Cal-Mag and I gave them some molasses as well.

That's more than 4 days more like 12-14 days, if not more. I bet 3 weeks. Be patient the plant will tell when she's done

B

brigrows

Okay. I based flower time from when I saw the first pistils, not from and I switched. I've been counting them as 7 weeks when I guess they are really 8 weeks... Should I stil dose them?

If you go at least two weeks longer feed them one more time the first week & flush the second.

I base flower start time on first day of 12/12 light.

B

brigrows

Thank you! This is my first grow so it's definitely been a learning curve. At first I was probably trying to overcompensate for every tiny offcolored leaf, and I'm trying to not do that anymore. I agree with them fading early, they started yellowing around week 5 of flower. I couldn't figure out what went wrong... the temps were good, PH was good, I was giving them a good balance of nutes (so I thought), there was twice that I realized I underwatered (in my attempt to not overwater). They kept yellowing and stems purpling despite my efforts to correct a deficiency. I feed them Earth Juice line: Catalyst, Grow, Bloom, Cal-Mag, Micro, and some Molasses. Should I hit them one more good time with nutes?
I moved them to 5 gallons right before flower because the roots were growing out from under the gallon pot, and even in 5 gallon they started doing that half way through flower. I thought that meant it was rootbound, but should I have just left it?
I appreciate the feedback, it helps me improve for next time!

Congratulations!

I would like to see less white pistols before harvest.
And, I would continue feeding organics, as the plants look to me to be fading a bit early.
Trichome clarity is just one of many tells as to ripeness.

Bottom line; I say about a week.

And again, you did a great job on these.
FFOF under LED demonstration grow.

Notes for next run:
In organics, I keep feeding to harvest.
3 gallon pot can do the job, and is just easier.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Okay. I based flower time from when I saw the first pistils, not from and I switched. I've been counting them as 7 weeks when I guess they are really 8 weeks... Should I stil dose them?

If it was me, I would only feed now if I planned on going long enough to flush. You've already flushed a little so the plant will suck those nutes up & use them because it appears to be running a little low (which is totally normal on a regular growing schedule in the last few weeks or after a flush). If you only plan on going 7 more days don't feed. But if you plan for 14 days you can feed now & flush next week. If you feed you want them to get a chance to eat before you flush, otherwise it's pointless, that's why I say 14 days. I run for between 9-10 weeks & I'm happy with that length of time & the quality that comes with it. I flush week 4, I stop using bloom enhancers & carbs week 8, flush week 9, harvest on week 10.
It's up to you.
Harvest in 7 days- keep watering
Harvest in 14- feed then flush.
Being patient is the hardest part about everything :)

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Wouldn't worry about days or weeks, I'd worry more about your trichomes. They're not done and agreed with @CaliRooted , they need two weeks minimum. Grab a scope and check your trichs for 30% amber

Latest posts

Top Bottom