First Grow Dwc Problem

• Thread starter Muckworm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Your re-fill water should be only r/o. Again, no pH adjustments should be made with pH up/down, after mixing the initial res and setting pH at 5.4. You want a 'natural' swing from only the plant eating nutrients out of the solution, and dropping back to 5.4 when you add nutes at the 5.8 pH mark.

900ppm is probably too high, 440 is probably too low. Too low of a nute concentration will give you deficiency issues, 900 will most likely show too dark of a green. The cool thing about hydro is it only takes about 24hrs to start seeing the full effects of changes to the res.

The length of time it takes for the pH to drift depends on the size of the reservoir. Larger res, slower swing, smaller res, faster swing.

Keep reading "Ask Lucas" as well. :)

M

Muckworm

Hi Douglas. Switched over to full bloom nutes Sunday night. plants look good. When I pumped out the old nutes I forgot to make a note of how high the water was in my DWC totes. Well, the bigger girl drank 16 cups of water the first day and 12 cups today, however the two smaller plants haven't drank much. One only 6 cups and the other from yesterday to today the level didn't drop. Nutes and PH stayed the same. I'm thinking I may had added more water when I sucked out the buckets and refilled. I remember you telling me not to overfill as the roots that were acclimated to air could drown. I decided to leave things alone tonight as the plants look fine, but what should I do it she doesn't eat again tomorrow? Suck some water out? PH and ppm right where they should be. My water is about 1 inch above the net pods. Steve.

SinCity

SinCity

Hi Douglas. Switched over to full bloom nutes Sunday night. plants look good. When I pumped out the old nutes I forgot to make a note of how high the water was in my DWC totes. Well, the bigger girl drank 16 cups of water the first day and 12 cups today, however the two smaller plants haven't drank much. One only 6 cups and the other from yesterday to today the level didn't drop. Nutes and PH stayed the same. I'm thinking I may had added more water when I sucked out the buckets and refilled. I remember you telling me not to overfill as the roots that were acclimated to air could drown. I decided to leave things alone tonight as the plants look fine, but what should I do it she doesn't eat again tomorrow? Suck some water out? PH and ppm right where they should be. My water is about 1 inch above the net pods. Steve.
Your re-fill water should be only r/o. Again, no pH adjustments should be made with pH up/down, after mixing the initial res and setting pH at 5.4. You want a 'natural' swing from only the plant eating nutrients out of the solution, and dropping back to 5.4 when you add nutes at the 5.8 pH mark.

900ppm is probably too high, 440 is probably too low. Too low of a nute concentration will give you deficiency issues, 900 will most likely show too dark of a green. The cool thing about hydro is it only takes about 24hrs to start seeing the full effects of changes to the res.

The length of time it takes for the pH to drift depends on the size of the reservoir. Larger res, slower swing, smaller res, faster swing.

Keep reading "Ask Lucas" as well. :)
Douglas, i just want to say how wonderful it is to watch you caring enough to stick with him and see him through. And Steve, it is equally wonderful to see you reach out when you needed help--and that you knew to follow his advice. Sanity exists.

M

Muckworm

My plants are doing fantastic, and I owe it to Douglas for caring enough to explain and not give up on me. Im finally grasping this. I'm simply fascinated with watching these plants grow and how beautiful they are in all stages. I can't wait to come home and tend to them after a hard day's work. It's relaxing, yet a challenge. My children have grown and I finally have found a hobby I truly enjoy doing at this point in my life now that it's legal in my state. We need more people in this world like Douglas for many different reasons. I only hope I can pay it forward someday, when I find a newby (like me) needing advice. I have other skills (mostly mechanical) and try and pass along my advice to others that ask too. Douglas has never criticized or passed judgement. Just wants to help. Sanity does truly exist. I enjoyed your comment. Thank you. Have a wonderful night. Steve.

SinCity

SinCity

My plants are doing fantastic, and I owe it to Douglas for caring enough to explain and not give up on me. Im finally grasping this. I'm simply fascinated with watching these plants grow and how beautiful they are in all stages. I can't wait to come home and tend to them after a hard day's work. It's relaxing, yet a challenge. My children have grown and I finally have found a hobby I truly enjoy doing at this point in my life now that it's legal in my state. We need more people in this world like Douglas for many different reasons. I only hope I can pay it forward someday, when I find a newby (like me) needing advice. I have other skills (mostly mechanical) and try and pass along my advice to others that ask too. Douglas has never criticized or passed judgement. Just wants to help. Sanity does truly exist. I enjoyed your comment. Thank you. Have a wonderful night. Steve.

I am so grateful that people like you exist--and that you get some happiness in this mean old world.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Yes, I'd suck some water out of the smaller plants and refill, slightly lower, with plain R/O. Should you have overfilled it would be bad, it might also be too hot of a mix for the size plant. It might just be a water level issue.

Water usage is affected by transpiration (powered through heat and humidity levels) and evaporation, while uptake can be slowed by too hot of a nutrient mix. Having an even canopy helps the plants be even in their transpiration uptake, though strain/pheno differences do apply. I've found mono-cropping (one strain per reservoir, per light) gives me the best yields, with the least amount of hassle. :)

(Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it. With growers like yourselves, the quality of cannabis will definitely get better in the long run.)

M

Muckworm

IMG 3276
Hi Douglas. My grow is going fantastic. I'm now on day 17 of 12/12 lighting. I need your advice on something. During veg I did lollipop the three plants, but really haven't touched them since. Now I'm doing everything I can to get the fans out of the way of the nodes. As you can see everything is getting crazy. Should I continue to try and bend to get light to the nodes or should I be clipping the fans off so light can hit all the buds. Everyone seems to have different opinions. I think I'll listen to you. I will send a pic for you to review. Thank you so much. Steve.

Top Bottom